• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Down B Stone's Priority & Mechanics?

Kinlap

Smash Apprentice
There may been a thread made about Kirby's down b, but I can't seem to find it anyway in the stickies or through search. But, anyway. My question is what is the priority of Kirby's stone fall? I been trying to add that to edgeguard characters with poor recoveries, but I'll really like to get some data and information on the move.

Thank you in advance, Kirby boards.

Pdiamond

Smash Apprentice
In my own experience I have noticed that the stone has higher priority than any other move, but you can be grabbed when you are in the stone form. When you execute the stone you are still vulnerable until you are completely in stone form.(Roughly 1/2 second to become the stone)

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
It has nearly ultimate priority, as far as I know >_>

If you take what would be 30% damage or more while in Stone form, you will get knocked out of it, but you won't take damage.

It's a good edgeguard, but I've seen Marth and G&W get through it with their **** up B invinicbility frames.

I've dropped down on MK's Mach Tornado before, and it didn't even stop him. It was on the corner of the tornado though, it might go through if you hit the middle...maybe...

G&W's Uair will slow it down, but not stop it.

Inhale, grabs, Falcon/Ganon Up B will cancel it. Some other moves too possibly, but I can't think of any.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
MK's Nair and Glide Attack stop him from taking damage from it if he uses those moves while it's coming down. Why is MK so gay?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
MK's Nair and Glide Attack stop him from taking damage from it if he uses those moves while it's coming down. Why is MK so gay?
Oh yeah. Play a level 9 Computer Wolf...he'll use his Reflector right as your Stone hits him and it does no damage >_>

this game is full of stupid invincibility and superarmor frames.

I fought (an amazing) Donkey Kong today, and he killed me twice because of Giant Punch superarmor. T_T

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
Speaking of giant punch superarmor, the most awesome thing happened a few days ago. I had gotten Giant Punch from a DK, and we were both fully charged. He punched, then I punched. We were both in super armor, so neither of us got knocked back.

Onto stone. Only rest can damage rock (the flower will affect the stone), and it takes 30% to knock him out of it, like asdioh said. I'm pretty sure it has one of the best priority's (how do you say that?) in the game.

Kirby Magatsu

Smash Journeyman
Ike fully charged Fsmash can remove Kirby from the Stone form, if i'm not wrong, G&W's Hammer Number 9 can do it too.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Ike fully charged Fsmash can remove Kirby from the Stone form, if i'm not wrong, G&W's Hammer Number 9 can do it too.
I don't know how much damage they do, but if it's 30 or more, then yes. I think PK Flash does too.

The thing is, it doesn't have to be 30 damage in one hit. For example, I'm just making up numbers here because I'm not 100% sure, but let's take this example:

Reverse Falcon Punch does, let's say, 29 damage. Falcon's Jab does say, 2.

He jabs the stone, then does a reverse falcon punch. 31 damage, it knocks Kirby out of Stone without dealing damage, but with the full knockback of the PAUNCH.

yup

Top Bottom