• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

down B landing lag install

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
i've looked around and haven't really seen much discussion about this.

essentially, whenever you do a down B and land before metaknight goes into freefall, the next time you land from the air you will receive landing lag from that down b.

-applies to both attacking and non attacking down B's.

-it does not change the animation of landing with aerial attacks/airdodge, but it does add more lag to landing with them.

-it also changes the animation of landing with nothing (to landing from freefall) with a LOT more landing lag than normal landing with nothing.

-if you do a down B with the install, and then use Tornado, you will only get rid of the lag install if you land while in freefall. if you land during the tornado, you still have the lag install.

-slipping on a banana from the ground does not get rid of the lag install

-grabbing the edge DOES get rid of the lag install.

-landing while in tumble (teching OR no tech) will get rid of the lag install

-landing on a banana and slipping on it seems to get rid of the lag install

here's a vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTUcsksgFpA#t=184
does down B at 3:04
landing lag at 3:09

here's another example, where metaknight reappeared in the air, tries to land and gets hit, and STILL has landing lag when he lands : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTUcsksgFpA#t=395

down b at 6:36
landing lag at 6:41

here's an example when the landing lag happens a long time after the down b:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3gLLrmZOFI#t=218

down b at 3:38
uses tornado, does some stuff on the ground, jumps, gets hit
landing lag at 3:52

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
A bizarre version of RCO lag.
Good to know I should be using DC even less than before (which was barely any use)

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
updated. it's just after ANY down b, not just when you reappear on the ground lol.

in that delfino match, you can see it happen every time if you look out for it.

Last edited:

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Hold up I see what you mean actually, that last vid is easier to notice. Strange as it does happen to me often, doesn't get me punished since its usually in neutral but its weird.

I recommend short hopping in neutral after you DC, they won't be able to punish and your freed from this weird glitch. This game is neutral heavy so you'll always get a chance to short hop and get away with it.

Maybe Samurai will fix it, not like it matters.

Last edited:

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
the end lag depends on how far you are above the ground, its the same with mach tornado if you short hop and activate it and mash as hard as you can when you land you get less landing lag.

If you DC from the ground and hold up as much as you can MK will have a slight landing lag you'll hear his armor make a noise, but angle it correctly he'll have no landing lag.

2nd video katakiri threw out the attck which always has more landing lag.

Could be wrong though.
i updated the thread again with more detail. i think you're looking at the wrong landings.

---
updated with conclusive results from tmode

Last edited:

Galactic Knight

Smash Rookie
NNID
LightMetaKnight
A bizarre version of RCO lag.
Good to know I should be using DC even less than before (which was barely any use)
Really? I find myself using Dimensional Cape a good amount during play. Though I have to admit, I have received a heavy punishing from becoming predictable with it. However I still find it to be a viable KO move with a little unpredictable movement.

Exdeath

Smash Master
This isn't Meta Knight specific. Hitting characters like Marth out of their Up-B will cause the same effect, with the effects being avoidable by grabbing the ledge or performing an aerial. It's a useful gimmick that I use against ignorant players.

Exdeath

Smash Master
not in this case.

and the importance here is that it applies even if you dont get hit.
I could be mistaken, but in my original testing I didn't notice any differences in landing lag while performing an aerial.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
the landing animation is the same, but there is extra landing lag. just metaknight has some aerials that have a lot of landing lag. try fair which i believe has less than the downB lag, there is a difference.

Alexander56

Smash Rookie
Just did some testing, thanks for sharing this by the way.

this also happens with metaknights drill rush, although its probably less than 9 frames of lag

Top Bottom