• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Down B Fun - TP Moveset?

blink777

Smash Journeyman
Firstly, I'd like to make it clear that this is just an idea I made up for fun. I'm 99% sure it won't be in the game, and won't make any argument as to why it should be. Just posting for our enjoyment.

Secondly, I'd like to apologize if this has been deeply discussed. I've seen ideas like it thrown around in various threads, but never anything in depth. Furthermore, the search function is really hard to use for something like this (or so I've found), and flipping the 50 odd pages of some of these threads is not something I want to do at the moment.

So anyway, I was thinking that it might be fun for Zelda to pull out her TP sword from her Down B, and then gain a moveset based around said sword and her abilities (including her Puppet form abilities). One of the major negatives of this idea is that there would be no logical reason to change her movement/jumping capabilities. The change would really be more of an excuse to give Zelda more moves, rather than creating a more interesting "dual character" (as in the case of Samus/Zamus and Zelda/Shiek).

Her A attacks would be based primarily around her sword (shock). If anyone can recall the way the Elven characters of the Lord of the Rings movies used their weapons (particularly Elrond and Haldir from the movies, as well as Arwen and Glorfindel in the Battle for Middle-Earth games), I think that would be an interesting style for Zelda. Beautiful and fluidic, but still with enough "punch" to make them more than just flashy-showy crap.

As for her B moves...

Standard B - Based off her Triforce-searing-light-on-the-floor attack as Puppet Zelda. On the ground, it would work as a simple AoE attack that would damage people near her (think DK DownB range... ish) on the ground. If used in the air the Triforce would appear on the ground directly below her (if she's not over any platform, then it would do nothing). Could be an interesting anti-ground-juggling attack, but I've never played competitively, and can't say how overpowering that would be.

Over B - Light Arrows. This has been Zelda's weapon in the past two console games (and has been closely connected with her in others), and I really think it should make it in Brawl. I really have no ideas in terms of how she fires them or other mechanics like that; however, I feel that they wouldn't deal much knockback, and would stun instead (as they have in most Zelda games that I've played).

Up B - I'm imagining that rocket-ish attack she used as Puppet Zelda, where she holds up her sword and dives at the player, sword first. In Brawl, I'd see it working similar to Fire Fox, but with less pre-attack delay and slower movement.

So that's it... I'd love to see other people's ideas. If anyone would like to see some sword animations for her, I had created a low-poly/res TP Zelda model a long while ago. I could see about creating gifs or videos if you'd like...

BlackKnight76

Smash Apprentice
She needs to have light arrows, they could do solid base damage, be aimable like Pit's, and maybe have a short stunning up for a big smash.

Zelda_Sheik

Smash Apprentice
I liked the attacks that you mentioned. But it would be like this for me:
Standard B: Light arrows (Like 10 arrows going in all directions
Above B: Farore's Wind (With armor and a little more range)
Down B: The Triforce (Puppet Zelda)
Left/Right B: The ball that she used when she was Puppet Zelda. But not only one ball, but many balls or a big ball.
As for her A moves, I think that she can use magic and her sword.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
I was gonna post this as an idea...

BATTLE ZELDA!

I believe that, when possible, SSB should base the moves on things the characters actually use in their games. SSBB Zelda is clearly TP Zelda, therefore, I do not believe she should be Sheik. Instead..... her alternate "form" should be her with a sword. The activation occurs with a b-down.

B:Light Arrows. So you can't use Sheik's infamous spikey throwing things. Big whoop.... Zelda is a good enough archer that she can fire more then one arrow (a max of three at a time).

B-up: Light Spirits uplift: The spirits of light from TP come and give her a boost upward.

B-Side: Magic Sword. With the help of the triforce, Zelda performs an attack with her sword that is so fast it appears to almost like a whip.

B-Down: Transform.

Blobulator

Smash Journeyman
<snip>

B:Light Arrows. So you can't use Sheik's infamous spikey throwing things. Big whoop.... Zelda is a good enough archer that she can fire more then one arrow (a max of three at a time).

B-up: Light Spirits uplift: The spirits of light from TP come and give her a boost upward.

B-Side: Magic Sword. With the help of the triforce, Zelda performs an attack with her sword that is so fast it appears to almost like a whip.

B-Down: Transform.</snip>
How would it work with the Light Spirits appearing every single time she decides to Up-B? >.< Wouldn't it seem a bit... awkward? I'm not opposed to some sort of lighting affect, but the actual spirits appearing (outside of a Final Smash, maybe, like Palutena) would seem slightly wierd.

Shooting more than one arrow at once is an interesting idea, though. It'd help differentiate herself from the regular arrows of Link, and Pit's arcing "beam/light" Arrows.

Zone

Smash Champion
Interesting Ideas, but Why not instead you know how you get a different A moveset when you pull out a Beamsword with peach? Make Zelda pull out a sword, and use different A-moves and be able to throw it, like turnips.

blink777

Smash Journeyman
Thanks Drake for clearing things up for people.

I think Zone's idea is quite interesting. Sure, we wouldn't get those cool TP powers, but using a pulled out sword like an beamsword'ish item is rather unique.

Top Bottom