• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

down B can footstool "everything"

kongajinken

Smash Cadet
Just posting this since I didn't see it anywhere else in the forms besides being able to footstool off opponents.

Anyway it turns out she can not only footstool on top of opponents while using her down B but she can also do it on items like : crates, sandbag, hammer.

Can also do it off most assist trophy characters like : Isaac,devil (blue guy), infantry/tanks.

Works on pokemon as well.

You can footstool a pitfall when it's in the ground.(not on 'in')

You can footstool an opponent who is trying to edgehog you.(thank you Orichalcum)

-list of character specific items that can be footstooled-
banana peel - diddy
peanut gun pellet - diddy
grenade -snake
box - snake(very hard)
turnip - peach
bomb - link
bomb - toon link
disc(down b) - rob
armor pieces - ZSS

note- if you footstool jump below an item you will start your animation then immediately get hit by the item. Works best to footstool above the item.

'will update as I discover more'
If anyone finds something else please tell me so I can update.

kongajinken

Smash Cadet
She's invincible for frames of her Down B, but not off footstooling.

I'm going to have a friend throw some items at me while I'm recovering with it to see if I can footstool items when their thrown at me.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
O.o nice I so gotta try this out. Good find.

Ares And Enyo

Smash Apprentice
whoa whoa ZS is not invincible from the down b - many times has e/1 said this - you probably think she is because the down b is an instant jump and is probably moving her out of the way of an attack very quickly and you thought it was invincibility but no it isn't

Tristan_win

Not dead.
whoa whoa ZS is not invincible from the down b - many times has e/1 said this - you probably think she is because the down b is an instant jump and is probably moving her out of the way of an attack very quickly and you thought it was invincibility but no it isn't
Actually she does get invincibility frame when she does the down B, test it for yourself if you don't believe me but it's a quite wide know fact about Zamus down B.

Anyways this is very interesting finding kongajinken as it might make a few character range game fairly useless for gimping against Zamus.

Good job finding this man and keep us posted on what she can jump off of.

*puts money down on Links bombs.*

kongajinken

Smash Cadet
How exactly do you footstool with a down b? Press jump or B at the right moment?
Just jump when you pass over an object. Also you do not need to time your jump so your doing it while on top of the object. Just hold in jump and you will start footstool flying.

kongajinken

Smash Cadet
I'm going to start updating the top to list know items that can be jumped off that are used by opponents.

kongajinken

Smash Cadet
Alright, great discovery. Now the question is, what can you do out of the footstool?
Declare the greatness of your power over space and time in a realm thats unaccessible to mortals/penguins?

On a more serious note if some one was to try and throw an item at you while your off the stage you could try and footstool off of it. I wouldn't know how easy this would be to do since I did all my tests in slow motion on the ground.

Unless you were actually wondering what you can do out of it in that case you can attack,dodge,use the momentum for horizontal distance.

Garde

Smash Ace
Since she's got invul frames on the first part of the down+B, this should actually be pretty easy to use in real offline matches.

Ares And Enyo

Smash Apprentice
I would say the frames in which she doesn't get hurt in the start of down b aren't invul but are more like air dodge frames (if it was invul things would clink or stop on contact) ... but anyways I noticed this today when I toadstool jumped a turnip being thrown at me while in my down b ... this may be one of the few times this is useful when items are off

Doval

Smash Lord
I would say the frames in which she doesn't get hurt in the start of down b aren't invul but are more like air dodge frames (if it was invul things would clink or stop on contact) ...
No, that's Starman Invincibility. Any time anyone talks about Invincibility Frames it almost always refers to the same phenomenon that occurs during a sidestep, roll, or air dodge - absolutely no interaction with the attack.

By the way, the invincibility on Down B lasts from the first frame of the move, to the last frame in which you can't attack/wallkick/footstool. Basically, the length of time during which you can't do anything (similar to Sonic's Up-B.)

As for "what can you do out of the footstool?" Any move except jumping. If you land the pseudo-footstool on a person, you can also D-air them straight out of it.

EDIT: Also, on the invincibility thing, wallkicking with the Down B essentially repeats the move - therefore you're invincible after the wallkick.

Doval

Smash Lord
I found something interesting about the Flip Jump's pseudo-footstool. If you hold left or right when you footstool, it gives you a HUGE horizontal push in that direction.

Garde

Smash Ace
Doval, that's been known for a while. There is a video of it posted on youtube by one of smashboards' ZSS players.

Orichalcum

Smash Journeyman
I dont know if this was mentioned or thought of yet, anyways i used it to recover from outisde, footstooling on the players edge guarding. This is pretty awesome since up or sidewards B are like 90% of zamus recovery so a free edge is needed. Anyways, i often died because i got sent out too far and couldnt grab the edge in time. Now i footstool on the enemies hanging on the edge and its pretty save because its sends me all of the stage to the other side.

WhiteWingDemon

Smash Cadet

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
Ive been able to do it with every item in the game.
Also, if you time it right, which isnt that difficult, you can grab the item and still get the jump boost.
This has lots of potential.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
Also, if you time it right, which isnt that difficult, you can grab the item and still get the jump boost.
zamus really has her item-game down, nao-kun!

anyone good with zamus should massacre at item-tourneys... >_>

kongajinken

Smash Cadet
So do you just footstool it then grab it really quick?

Top Bottom