• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Double Missile

T.A.Z.

Smash Rookie
I'm having some trouble doing the double missile. I've seen vids of it being done and it seems all like: Short hop, missile, missile, but it doesn't work!

I've even tried with a double jump to get more air, but I still can't get the double missile down.

Help would be appreciated.
Thanks

yunyun

Smash Rookie
double missile isn't short hopped, it's full jump.
short hopped missiles work on pkmn stadium and yoshi's island underneath the platforms, I think

AsianFlava_Tyser

Smash Journeyman
This is like the 20th thread of this in the past 10 days I swear . . .
Focus on timing it rather than pressing OverB as fast as humanly possible.
As soon as you jump, shoot a strong missle asap.
When your animation is done or when youre at about short hop height then do another strong missle.
Homing missles dont work as you may know but maybe you dont.
This technique is worthless though.
Knowing it isnt even remotely useful since you'll never use it in a match.
Hope this helped but it should have been posted at the Q&A thread.
Please look around for an answer next time.

AsianFlava_Tyser

Smash Journeyman
I try to stay away from missles in teams because I always hit my teammate and then he either starts bitching or he stops trying.
Its not fun when either of those happen.

Geist

Smash Master
Double missiling is only good for edgeguarding, and only when you don't have platforms to manipulate, like FD or mute city. Usually there are better ways to edgeguard in those situations anyways.

but yeah lol it's really easy when you get the timing. I can do it for days.
Just fullhop, whip out a missile, and then do another missile when you would usually mc.
You'll do it as long as you don't fair, sh, or homing missile.

ES Lite

The Real Slim Shady
yeah, as blowtoes said, you'll get the hang of it when you start doing it right.
It helped me to go to training mode and go 1/4 speed, then 1/2, and finally, normal speed.

ICEDTEA1325

Smash Apprentice
if there was a thread with what frame to do over b in and and video(like the one for SWDing where its frame by frame) there would be no questions by i don't have a recorder so i can't. and i don't know the frames.

lexington

Smash Cadet
i've been practicing the double missile....it's kind hard...
or at least for now...i do it sometimes but not always
i use the stick for this, i tap up then rapidly tap sideB to make the first missile, thenm a bit before hitting the ground i make the other missile
it comes out some time, sometime it doesnt
i have to practice it more so i can do it anytime i want, same goes for the WD and SWD -___-(feel ashamed of myself for this :$)
what i find real hard is to do the triple missile =S

Church

Smash Cadet
for me it's easiest to think about like this: full jump, and hit the buttons to shoot a smash missile immediately. i mean it's no fox double laser immediately but it's easy to think about it like that. Then just smash direction+b like as soon as you hit the ground. it won't look like you were supposed to shoot one but that is the point.

lexington

Smash Cadet
i've been practicing and when you get the timing it's pretty easy :D
i know how to do double and triple missile almost any time i want :D
sometimes doesn't come out but most of the time it does :D
woot <3 ^^
just keep praticing until you get the timing :D after that it gets pretty easy =)
thats what i have to do with the SWD =/

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sometimes you can get something like a L-canceled N-air -> SWD -> F-smash or something if it is from one end of the stage (FD lol) to the other.

As you can imagine this is very situational.

Geist

Smash Master
lol wat.
i approach with swd lol
which is fine, if you're consistent. That's pretty **** hard lol. Unless you can nail it every time, then it's unnecessary risk for a small reward.
If you can do it 100% of the time, it's small risk for large reward, but we've long since ruled that a'int falco possible.

Kinda like double missile. At first you're like "awesome, wow, I can't believe I'm shooting two missiles with one jump!!" Then you're kinda like "oh, they can just... jump..."

ES Lite

The Real Slim Shady
which is fine, if you're consistent. That's pretty **** hard lol. Unless you can nail it every time, then it's unnecessary risk for a small reward.
If you can do it 100% of the time, it's small risk for large reward, but we've long since ruled that a'int falco possible.

Kinda like double missile. At first you're like "awesome, wow, I can't believe I'm shooting two missiles with one jump!!" Then you're kinda like "oh, they can just... jump..."
lol yeah, but sometimes, due to lateness, you can do a small swd. (*0*) mindgamessss!!!

You also haven't hit puberty.
Thanks! It just makes it so much better when people point out that i am a kid.
While your at it, you should point out the many combos and wins i had with my samus.
It's kinda weird why your posting this really, to me, a KID. Right now its just automatic that it seems your jealous of me.

Geist

Smash Master
It's kinda weird why your posting this really, to me, a KID. Right now its just automatic that it seems your jealous of me.
Watch what you say, KK gives a mean back massage.
In Soviet Russia, puberty hits YOU /inside joke

Sometimes you can get something like a L-canceled N-air -> SWD -> F-smash or something if it is from one end of the stage (FD lol) to the other.

As you can imagine this is very situational.
What? That's like my main mindgame.

lol wat.
i approach with swd lol
Everytime I saw Phanna get away with a swd into something, I'm like "Seriously, you'd think his opponents would have learned by now that, if he's going to drop a bomb from across the stage, they should start charging an fsmash... or get out of the way."

at least i don't make fun of teh_childrens

Geist

Smash Master
Everytime I saw Phanna get away with a swd into something, I'm like "Seriously, you'd think his opponents would have learned by now that, if he's going to drop a bomb from across the stage, they should start charging an fsmash... or get out of the way."

at least i don't make fun of teh_childrens
Phanna used it with intelligence though. He was good at varying what he did out of SWD, like grabbing, arials, smashes, or another SWD. In phanna mint 3 he was cancelling SWD with SWD -_-

KK makes fun of everyone lol

ES Lite

The Real Slim Shady
Yeah but i own with swd

I use it for mindgames because i drop a bomb, and pretend im going to do it, but instead i do something else like charge my charge shot.

I actually know how to use it and apply it for my gameplay and stuff.

Geist

Smash Master
lol
I think the infamous negative SWD is much better too.
"yeah I'm totally missing those SWDs on purpose yo. mindgamessssss son"

lexington

Smash Cadet
Cool
Now in just a little while you'll realize how worthless double missile and swd is :D
you're wrong, double missile is very good to prevent other people return to stage or makeing them return from the bottom so you have something prepared and can punish them :D
same with the SWD, if you know how to use it well, opponents will have a hard time fighting you =)

ICEDTEA1325

Smash Apprentice
for those of you still having trouble and read this thread everyday. try putting your thumb on Y and B and as soon as you jump (fulljump of course) power missle. its not like you get to the highest part of your jump then missle. you have hit over B around if not before half way up. try using y and if that doesn't work try using the anolog stick. this may seem weird jumping with y if your used to x like i am but i can now double missle constintly.

Top Bottom