• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DotA 2: 6.83 patch, The International 5 on the way!

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
You guys lucky you didn't solo lame vs sniper, lich and a randy bane.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
You guys lucky you didn't solo lame vs sniper, lich and a randy bane.
who were you? That's a lane you just abandon as an offlaner in most situations. Lich bane just spells bad times so you are better off jungling / ganking

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
who were you? That's a lane you just abandon as an offlaner in most situations. Lich bane just spells bad times so you are better off jungling / ganking
I decided to random, got a hero I actually play, LD. Lane was hard till a support roamed down there.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
With ld you just drag the first few waves or have your bear slow the lane down to force it to push up.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I feel like even after nerf that earth spirit has the potential to be a really good hero. Its just that he needs so much mana. If I get really good with him is there payoff, or has the hero just been nerfed to hell?

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
I feel like even after nerf that earth spirit has the potential to be a really good hero. Its just that he needs so much mana. If I get really good with him is there payoff, or has the hero just been nerfed to hell?
ES is absolutely broken right now. I can totally see him getting nerfed again.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
I haven't played Legion in a while, till just now. She's still hella fun as every. Need my bbygrill in ranked.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
ES games finally going my way in unranked.

Meanwhile in ranked, I got my team ranking and I have 1500. :(

Last edited:

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I haven't played Legion in a while, till just now. She's still hella fun as every. Need my bbygrill in ranked.
LC is my mmr builder. When I just want to win a game I usually go her. She's way too strong against a trilane in the offlane.

For LC I do this.

I start with a stout, tango, clarity, gg branch, and the soul ring recipe.

I finish the Soul ring recipe and then go into boots.

I rush blink and then finish treads(normally) and then go into Blademail.

Blademail is so ridiculously good on LC

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
ES games finnay going my way in unranked.

Meanwhile in ranked, I got my team ranking and I have 1500. :(
We gonna change dat
Just need 5 people and gotta make sure you have to to play every game you que for. That last game, my LS was 3 shooting everyone, but that ****ing tinker split push. Then he started killin supports and then he could me if I didnt wasn't q or bkb for his madness.
LC is my mmr builder. When I just want to win a game I usually go her. She's way too strong against a trilane in the offlane.

For LC I do this.

I start with a stout, tango, clarity, gg branch, and the soul ring recipe.

I finish the Soul ring recipe and then go into boots.

I rush blink and then finish treads(normally) and then go into Blademail.

Blademail is so ridiculously good on LC
Dude
In the past I never gave a **** bout the q. Tried maxing it early and stuff for once. ****ing god like. Destroyed half of DS and some other n00bs hp like nothing. You got a build made for her? I'm gonna start really picking her again.

Oh and maj is Da jam
I love making everyone feel the hurt I'm delevering.

Last edited:

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
We gonna change dat
Just need 5 people and gotta make sure you have to to play every game you que for. That last game, my LS was 3 shooting everyone, but that ****ing tinker split push. Then he started killin supports and then he could me if I didnt wasn't q or bkb for his madness.

Dude
In the past I never gave a **** bout the q. Tried maxing it early and stuff for once. ****ing god like. Destroyed half of DS and some other n00bs hp like nothing. You got a build made for her? I'm gonna start really picking her again.

Oh and maj is Da jam
I love making everyone feel the hurt I'm delevering.
If im against a solo melee I get a point in e at lvl 1 then max q. Otherwise I just start off and max q. I try to have 3-1-1-1 at 6 or 3-0-2-1.

Overwhelming odds is so strong.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Did a Pudge and Legion hardlane. When it worked, it was magical, and the game only lasted 30 min. Highly recommended if you want to pubstomp.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Did a Pudge and Legion hardlane. When it worked, it was magical, and the game only lasted 30 min. Highly recommended if you want to pubstomp.
Legion and skywarth better.

@ Sinz Sinz what do you think of mjollior er w/e over BF? I like splashing my devastation throughout the battle field.

Last edited:

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Legion and skywarth better.

@ Sinz Sinz what do you think of mjollior er w/e over BF? I like splashing my devastation throughout the battle field.
In regards to what hero? I don't like either of them on lo unless it's a last slot.. boots soul ring blink blade mail ac heavens halberd Bob are all more important. Soul ring can be replaced later on but blade mail is too good

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
So uh who killed the thread?

Would anyone be up for a 5 man sometime?

Lizalfos

Smash Master
How vital is Basilius on Nature's prophet?
In what order do I jungle the camps as NP?
======
If I build Skadi on someone like Mirana or Ember Spirit can I still build Mjollnir? Is it bad because of the conflicting Orb effects?

Does Juggernaut's ulti allows Bfury, Deso, Mjollnir, and Skadi to take effect?
======
Should I go basic boots before going Midas?
======
Is Aquillius worth getting before other items on Mirana?
Is drum of endurance a good item to get if you are carrying, or should I tell my friends supporting to get it? (lots of stupid guides recommend it)
======
Is skilling precision aura for Drow a good idea when up against a difficult lane?
Could skilling your stats have better benefit?
Could you skill it and maybe buy straight bottle if you are mid since you get the dmg stats would normally provide? Other items maybe?

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
How vital is Basilius on Nature's prophet?
In what order do I jungle the camps as NP?
======
If I build Skadi on someone like Mirana or Ember Spirit can I still build Mjollnir? Is it bad because of the conflicting Orb effects?

Does Juggernaut's ulti allows Bfury, Deso, Mjollnir, and Skadi to take effect?
======
Should I go basic boots before going Midas?
======
Is Aquillius worth getting before other items on Mirana?
Is drum of endurance a good item to get if you are carrying, or should I tell my friends supporting to get it? (lots of stupid guides recommend it)
======
Is skilling precision aura for Drow a good idea when up against a difficult lane?
Could skilling your stats have better benefit?
Could you skill it and maybe buy straight bottle if you are mid since you get the dmg stats would normally provide? Other items maybe?
NP
It's really important. It lets your treants eat an extra attack from the towers when you are pushing.

You should be spawning treants at the sound of the horn (7 seconds before 0:00) and walking to the hard camp. Then you fight that camp and spawn treants again. You get level 2 and go kill a lane or continue to jungle from left to right. Once you have 3 you can do any camp.
---
Mjolnir is an ability that activates randomly. So when it does activate it overrides any current orbs. So its fine to get it with Skadi or lifesteal. In fact Mjolnir is so brokenly good still as a damage item I'd recommend it.
----
Jugg - Yes.
----

Boots before midas. Absolutely. The mobility lets you farm faster and keeps you alive.

Drow- depends on your line up composition. A lot of high level people used to get stats early on but its not worth it to do that anymore. It's better to max your q and get points in w and e as needed. I wouldn't ever consider a bottle a viable build option on Drow. I'd rather get another wraithband or something else. It's a waste on her. If you need mana regen you go for ring of aquila. If you need sustain you go for lifesteal. Ring of aquila is extremely cost effective so you should always get it on her. Also, don't get shadowblade on her. If you need an escape item go blink. It's still stupidly good.

DJCrinkleCut

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DJCrinkleCut
Blink Drow is so fun. I remember once I built MoM into Blink, then just stacked Crits.
A light breeze would have killed me, but god damn did I hurt.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
But really, Daedalus and Mjolnir are so stupidly good. The only time you should ever consider a different damage item from those two are if you need true strike or you are melee and can use an abyssal. =/ (Or if you are kunkka and want a divine.)

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Relating to NP, do I go left to right on dire or radiant?

Also, what Heros build Atos or Vanguard. They seem to be lame items.

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
... Tanky heros get vanguard, like axe, viper and specter. Atos is like, good for people like silencer.

Np..as in jungle? Sinz answered that one. If not, I don't know wdf u talking about

Lizalfos

Smash Master
... Tanky heros get vanguard, like axe, viper and specter. Atos is like, good for people like silencer.

Np..as in jungle? Sinz answered that one. If not, I don't know wdf u talking about
Is the block chance on Vanguard that good? I feel like Shivas, Pipe, Heart, or even Mek are vastly better.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Is the block chance on Vanguard that good? I feel like Shivas, Pipe, Heart, or even Mek are vastly better.
The vanguard block chance is not worth it. Mek is a much better option.

For NP on dire you go right to left. You go from the closest hard camp to where ever. The absolute most important thing to do is to gank. Do NOT afk jungle. It does not help your team at all.

Atos is built on Skywrath and Bristleback.

Bristle does extremely well with it. I personally like to go Boots -> Medallion -> Mek -> Atos

Last edited:

DJCrinkleCut

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DJCrinkleCut
There are two heroes I build vanguard on, Spectre (sometimes) and Bristleback if someone else is getting a Mek. Other than that the item is trash.
But it's totally core on Anti-Mage, the game told me so. (/s)

On an unrelated note, I'm probably going to ESL with my little bro, so that should be fun :D

Also, as far as Furion is concerned, I personally find it tough to play him unless you are in a stack; he requires a lot of communication to be used effectively. I also think Furion jungle is not that great, but it's pretty much your only option in pubs unless someone else calls jungle.

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I also think Furion jungle is not that great, but it's pretty much your only option in pubs unless someone else calls jungle.
What else would you run? Hardlane? If you run hardlane do you get any call of the wild?
- - - - - - -
I've been told you have to tank for wolves if you are lycan for the first few levels. Should I buy a salve if this is true? Going to fount is a such a massive waste.
- - - - - - -
What are your opinions on greedy builds where you buy a recipe for soul ring or another item at round start. I feel like its really good on Dark Seer, to the point of being required.
- - - - - - -
I've also stopped building wand on everyone for the most part, except in rare cases where they are super spammy with spells and I'm taking tons of harass or playing a mana deficient quad support (I really need to start playing KotL in pubs).

I've found that so many items are hyper situational, or are just so late game that I want utilities over them. For example, I almost never build heart on any hero, unless they are a strength carry or have an ability that turns health into dmg. Am I gimping myself by doing that, or is Damage more worth it.

Something related I've thought about is Timbersaw. Lets say I'm Timbersaw in a serious game against fairly challenging and skilled players with arcanes and due to whatever reasons I'm on track to get a 20 min or earlier radiance. Which of the following would be the correct choice.
a) Rush radiance, the damage is too good, and when you get it you will force focus onto yourself, and overwhelm the other team in fights.
b) You need bloodstone first, your mana pool is too important, and you need to get more charges by buying it sooner rather than later.
c) Wow, what a massive pleb, nobody builds either of those items. Are you watching games from TI1?

I can tell you all have more experience with the game/are just smarter players strategically, so thanks for all your advice.

Last edited:

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
What else would you run? Hardlane? If you run hardlane do you get any call of the wild?
Yes you do. You get it at level 1. You use it to block camps and to pull the creep wave. In addition you can use them to last hit and harass supports. It's still a 1100 hp skill for 160 mana. It's still worth it.
- - - - - - -
I've been told you have to tank for wolves if you are lycan for the first few levels. Should I buy a salve if this is true? Going to fount is a such a massive waste.
No. You just suicide. Let your team know. The respawn time for lvl 1 and lvl 2 is less than 10 seconds. So you can spam clarities the second before you die and then resell them when you respawn for full value. [/quote]

- - - - - - -
What are your opinions on greedy builds where you buy a recipe for soul ring or another item at round start. I feel like its really good on Dark Seer, to the point of being required.
I like it for soul ring but not for any other item. The soul ring start is extremely powerful due to the active it provides. I would NEVER start with a wraith band recipe and a circlet. It's a waste of space.
- - - - - - -
I've also stopped building wand on everyone for the most part, except in rare cases where they are super spammy with spells and I'm taking tons of harass or playing a mana deficient quad support (I really need to start playing KotL in pubs).
You should still build wand on basically everyone. It's a burst heal for 450 gold. It gives more hp than a 2 bracers.(iirc.)
I've found that so many items are hyper situational, or are just so late game that I want utilities over them. For example, I almost never build heart on any hero, unless they are a strength carry or have an ability that turns health into dmg. Am I gimping myself by doing that, or is Damage more worth it.
It depends on the hero. I personally like heart a lot because it makes your poking a lot stronger. It's really match up dependent.

Something related I've thought about is Timbersaw. Lets say I'm Timbersaw in a serious game against fairly challenging and skilled players with arcanes and due to whatever reasons I'm on track to get a 20 min or earlier radiance. Which of the following would be the correct choice.
a) Rush radiance, the damage is too good, and when you get it you will force focus onto yourself, and overwhelm the other team in fights.
b) You need bloodstone first, your mana pool is too important, and you need to get more charges by buying it sooner rather than later.
c) Wow, what a massive pleb, nobody builds either of those items. Are you watching games from TI1?

I can tell you all have more experience with the game/are just smarter players strategically, so thanks for all your advice.
Blood stone and euls are a lot more useful than radiance. I wouldn't really consider radiance on timber. mobility and mana supply are more important. You have strong damage out put during the midgame. I'd personally go for bloodstone into either Euls, Atos, or Blademail depending on the match up.

Top Bottom