• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Doom's Smashfest/TOURNAMENT, 1/24/09. SUPER SPECIAL SURPRISE GUEST! Get hyped!

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
POST IF YOU ARE COMING!

THIS IS ALSO A TOURNAMENT!

(Yes Inui, I named it just for you.)

Hey guys. A lot of NJ players and a few NY people know me from tourneys around the region, but in case you don't, hi there. XD I'm Doom. Well, ever since the summer, I've been wanting to host a Smashfest at my house, but never got the chance. Now that things have been winding down and getting less busy for me, I'll be able to do this. There is plenty of room in my house, so everyone is invited! The date of this event is JANUARY 24TH, 2009. My address is:

67 Rolling Ridge Rd
West Milford, NJ 07480

Be warned: There are NO trains that come through West Milford, and there isn't a bus stop within walking distance of my place. However, if you can get a bus here and call somebody who's already there, there's a good chance that they'll pick you up from the bus stop for free/a small price, but I can't speak on their behalf. This means that getting here by methods other than by car can be difficult. I strongly suggest that you try to carpool with someone from your area who's going.

The Basics

The Smashfest will begin at 11:00 A.M. and will run until the last person leaves at night. My aim is to have everybody gone by midnight, but if people stay a little later, it shouldn't be a problem.

I will charge everyone a small house fee of $2. I will not be providing food/drinks anymore, but this is a reasonably small fee. You can have this fee waived if you are one of the first 8 people to bring a TV or a Wii.

I will NOT be providing housing! My mother already thinks I'm crazy enough for doing this (XD), and she won't exactly take kindly to people she is unfamiliar with spending the night at my house. Please make sure you have a ride home the night OF the Smashfest. Inui says he can provide housing, contact him if you are interested.

Stuff To Do

At the event, there will be mainly Brawl (duh). I'll be providing one Brawl and one Melee setup, but please bring more TVs and Wiis/GameCubes. Don't be shy about bringing other sexy games, such as MK:Wii/Double Dash, that your fellow Smashers would want to play.

Stuff To Bring

BRING TELEVISIONS AND WIIS WITH BRAWL! The main room alone for this event can hold at least 16 TVs COMFORTABLY, and even more with some cramming. Please bring setups. Power strips and extension cords would also be greatly appreciated, but not many are needed. Obviously, bring your own controller. I'd suggest NOT bringing Wiimotes unless you play with the Wiimote (<_<)/Nunchuck/Classic Controller schemes. I can handle setting up each Wii individually with one Wiimote, and it just avoids confusion.

WE WILL COLLECTIVELY BE ORDERING PIZZA AT ROUGHLY 7 P.M. ANYONE WHO IS INTERESTED IN THIS WILL PAY $3.75 FOR TWO SLICES ($2 for one, yay bulk price reduction). IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO TRAVEL FOR DINNER, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE $3.75! The pizza is delicious, btw.

Stuff To Know

Since this is at my house, I expect everyone to act respectfully towards mine and everyone else's property. I wouldn't expect any Smashers to steal anything, but please be careful as to not damage anything in my house. You can be loud and semi-obnoxious, but please don't do anything that you KNOW isn't right. I ask this in a polite and straightforward manner, and I will make anyone who decides not to abide by these simple rules leave promptly.

I will be hosting Brawl singles and doubles as well. Entry fees are as follows.
Singles: $5
Doubles $5 per person ($10 per team)

Brawl Rules:
* Matches will be THREE (3) Stock, seven minute time limit. TIME LIMIT IS 8 MINUTES FOR TEAMS!
* Double Elimination. All matches will be 2/3, with all finals being 3/5.
* The bracket will be seeded by crews/region and rankings.
* Items will be off.
* Life stealing is allowed in teams.
* Smashballs will be OFF.
* Advanced Slob picks: First match is a blind pick, where the competitors will tell their character to a judge, and then proceed. The loser of the first match will then pick the next stage, then the winner may choose his character. After, the loser will choose his character and begin. The same will happen for the third match, if forced.
* -Dave's Stupid Rule Modified will be in effect. The same stage can not be played twice in a row in a single set.
* The Mage's DQ rule is also in effect:
2 Minutes Late: Warning/Loss of first stock
4 Minutes Late: Loss of first match of set
6 Minutes Late: Loss of set
* Any attempt at lame tactics will result in a warning. Any further attempt at lame tactics will result in forfeit.
These tactics include, but are not limited to:
-Stalling under a stage.
-Running away to run the time limit. (Excessively. If there's 30 seconds, and you bail, that's one thing. But if you waste 5 minutes, or be a jerk about it, we're stopping the match. It's at the judge's discretion.)

Stages:

Neutral:
* Final Destination
* Battlefield
* Yoshi's Story
* Smashville
* Lylat

Counterpicks:
* Delfino Plaza
* Frigate Orpheon
* Battleship Halberd
* Castle Siege
* Rainbow Cruise
* Brinstar
* Pokemon Stadium 1

NOTE: You may play any banned stage as long as both you, and your opponent agree and ask a judge! If you agree, there will be no complaints!

Let's make this **** huge! Hope to see everyone there! You can reach me on AIM at doomsong123 and on MSN at doomsong123@hotmail.com if you have any questions.

Max Ketchum

Post if you're considering/definitely coming!

People who want to come (40):

1. That noob girl...what's her name again?
2. Inui
3. Yes!
4. Bnzaa
5. xzax
6. Bleachigo
7. Dave (Izumi)
8. Gear
9. Rule 34
10. Atomsk
11. iKon
12. Malcolm
13. Pierce7d
14. bschung
15. HTS
16. Umbra
17. Rykoshet
18. Heart Break Kid
19. teh_spamerer
20. crismas
21. Alex Strife
22. Keitaro
23. Rhyme
24. Anti23d
25. BooF
26. Shady
27. QuietStorm
28. Kai
29. Ussi
30. DK Smash
31. Tbagz
32. Seph
33. Snakeee
34. NinjaLink
35. ksizzle
36. Dyce
37. Bum
38. RJ
39. Mew2King
40. Turbogilman
41. HAT
42. btree
43. dmbrandon
44. Ether
45. NinjaEdd
46. D1
47. PRiDE
48. BlackWaltz
49. Mrs. BlackWaltz

Max Ketchum

Wow Yes!, I didn't even notice that. Waltz, I put you down on the list because it includes people who are considering going, not just everyone who's confirmed.

Max Ketchum

Did you see the room next to the one Char and I played in when you guys came over? That thing is roughly the size of Inui's Garden Room. In addition to that, I'm gonna have setups in my living room, dining room, game/TV room, and even two or three in the kitchen.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Inui, holy ****, man. Calm it down. Every thread you post in is boasting, bragging, or being a jerk. It's old.

Even if you said it jokingly, there's always truth said in jest. Take it down a few steps.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Wow it's just about a room, dude. :dizzy:

I can't help that I'm confident and excited with all of these awesome tournaments to look forward to. :D

dmbrandon

Smash Master
We all look forward to it! Don't hype it here, go hype in in ****ty threads. Like... Anything plank is in! :D(Sorry, plank, it's been tooooo long)

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
leik oh em gee my screen name is cooler than inui's

*next post*

leik oh em gee, my avatar is cooler than inui's

*next post*

leik oh em gee, i can beat kashif

it does get annoying sometimes dude. almost as bad as eggm's advertisements of melee (i love melee but cmon) just let doom do his thing. it's nice to have more than two tourney host in NJ (impact doesnt count :laugh:, swr's fine tho)

Tbagz

Smash Journeyman
jesus christ, mike your a cool person but your annoying as **** on the smashboards stop now and go back to playing smash N64 since its the only smash your good at.

XtACY

Smash Journeyman
jesus christ, mike your a cool person but your annoying as **** on the smashboards stop now and go back to playing smash N64 since its the only smash your good at.
cause all these ***gots think brawl is is the best thing that ever happend on this planet.
smash is gay tanner, your gunnna have to stop playing it eventually except for doom whose playing it until he's 40.

Mrs.BlackWaltzX

Smash Journeyman
Bump.

I'm bringing snacks in since Doom won't be providing them.
Some sodas, chips, and if Dooms mom will let me use her kitchen, I'll make french fries.

Mrs.BlackWaltzX

Smash Journeyman
Btw, I'm -loving- this compliments. Thanks guys.
But! I don't think that I'm going to bring paper plates. I might, but only after I get confirmation from Doom that it'll be okay to make fries in the kitchen.

Oi Doom. I'm going to be doing work in the kitchen. You can now step aside and allow a real lady to make junk food. xD

Mrs.BlackWaltzX

Smash Journeyman
You'll be busy playing the game. And if you would like to contribute a meal for your fellow smashers, then by all means go right ahead Inui.

All I'm doing is making fries [if I'm allowed to~].

Inui

Banned via Warnings
inui and atomsk should team with someone else to see how good they do

i bet you wont get 1st ;)
I got 1st with ChuDat in FL. I also consistently took 1st/2nd with teh_spamerer and dmbrandon back in the day.

Atomsk did really well with both Chillin and ChuDat.

You're just jealous that we have consistent partners in each other!

@Alice: Lasagna is really time consuming. I'll only do it if I can make it at Max's house.

ChibiLoner

Smash Cadet
Lasagna. <3
xD

I'll help if I can, Alice. ^^ Cooking can indeed be more fun than Brawl. xD

I believe the idea of using Max's kitchen has been mentioned before (brownie talk xD) and he said something along the lines of "no on is allowed near the kitchen." Which is a shame because I really enjoy baking and wouldn't mind doing so for the smashfest.

Max Ketchum

Sorry, nobody's using my kitchen.

I don't doubt any of your cooking abilities, but it's just not gonna happen. Plus, there will be setups in the kitchen anyway.

There's plenty of delicious food within 5 minutes of my house, including a ShopRite, a deli, 4 pizza places, a McDonalds, a diner (I wouldn't really recommend it though), and an Italian restaurant.

Plus, we're going to be collectively ordering pizza at roughly 7 PM. Like I said in the first post, everyone throws in $3.75 for two slices and Rhyme and I will go pick them up.

Top Bottom