• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Don't kill me, but how do you Pivot Grab

Venusdude21

Smash Rookie
Any help would be appreciated. I can't seem to get it. IF it matters at all my two main characters are Lucas and Ike.

Hmaal

Smash Journeyman
Well I was just looking at this yesterday.
The way you do it (I think) is that you run and then turn around, at the same time you turn around you press and hold grab and the character will grab.

MaximoSmasher

Smash Apprentice
Its kind of sad you have to be scared to ask.

But, I was playing with it...It almost felt like i pushed grabbed before I turned, like a split second before. Try that with Lucas.

MichelFalcaut

Smash Cadet
http://youtube.com/watch?v=BLvOlFyhpdo

A video demonstrating Ike strats pivot grabbing included, as well as pivot aerials.

Don't kill me, but how do you Pivot Grab.
The fact that one has to frame a question like that is an indication of the sad state of affairs on SWF. :ohwell:
Funny thing on youtube is that so many people APOLOGIZE for "poor sound" or "bad video quality." Geez, why put up the video then?

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
dont be afraid to ask bro. but u just start a dash >>> turn the oppposite diraction < and that same second grab with like Z. idk the uses tho. does it help you grab longer range or what?

Top Bottom