• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Don't Get 4 Stocked! - Results & Shoutouts Thread

RedX777

Smash Rookie
E102y and Lardarius invited us to it haha. It was in the Legends II card shop at Valco Mall

ItalianStallion

Smash Journeyman
nice haha if there's another one i wanna know about it!

did u add me on fb?

www.facebook.com/choknater
By the way, next time we meet, I want to do another money match. Not Mewtwo dittos though, since we should probably do a more exciting matchup. One idea I had was Marth dittos, since it seems we both mess around with him enough to make it exciting. That was just one idea though.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
maybe won't be able to get WTF for apr 5

but i'm thinking of hosting a local at my house, apr 5 or 6.. thinking about it! not sure

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
Great tournament, for my first ever I wasn't expecting to have as much fun as I did. As a generally shy as hell type of person I could tell I was getting more comfortable with things like asking for friendlies twords the end of the day. Great fun and hope to go to many more.

I guess I will follow everyone else and do some shout outs as well.

Murio- Thank's for reaching out to a lot of people and generally spreading the work about the tournament and the smash scene in general, your a great guy and have a killer DK fair.

Choknater- Thanks for arranging the whole thing as well, I heard you live near Krier's which is really close to me, we should talk later and see if can get together to play some smash.

3BK- Had fun doing some friendlies and then getting knocked to losers by you in bracket, it was a really close set and was my most suspenseful moment of the day.

Cake- Had great fun with our SoPo and Giga Bowser shenanigans and also our serious friendlies, keep swinging that DDD hammer

RedX - Didn't get to actually play you but got to talk to you a bit, thanks for the advice on some match ups. Your Link is really good and I see you going far in the future

Hope to see everyone again at a future event, I had great fun
Thnks bro, DK's fair is waiting for you...under your bed.... or something.

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
Guess I should do shoutouts so here's who I can remember

Ames: Of course my great buddy who always smashes with me. Great match in the losers bracket man. I flopped at the end though so it wasnt as epic as it could have been. But, as always your mario is sooooo solid.

E102: Dude Brandon that Zelda vs Link match in Semi Winners.... I cried inside when you won but it was so epic and fun that I just didn't care that I lost at the same time. Your spacing was beautiful with her and I hope you continue to get better with her. I'll be sure to hit you up sometime me and James play again. I will also try and hit up the other John.

uCool: Great DK and Mario man you were quite a tough opponent and I had a lot of fun playing ya. I would have like to face your DK in singles but I guess that wouldn't have been a good match up against Link. Hope to see you again man

SlayerBoner420: Great Ike dude I didn't get to face you in singles which is a bummer but I had fun in the friendlies we played and of course the doubles matches we had with you and Chaos.

Chaos: Nice Samus man keep up the good work. Just a little critique but you kind of charge your beam cannon a little too much lol. Work more on that spacing game of hers to improve. Still great playing you in doubles and hope to see you again.

DarkFlameMaster: Great doubles finals man! You and choknater make a great team... well when you don't sd so much haha. Just work on those sd's and wavedash ledge grabs and you'll be oh so solid. Great playing you hope to face you and choke again.

Andre: Too bad I couldnt face you in singles. I was getting too tired after our intense doubles match and James kicked my *** haha. I need more stamina in order to do both tournies. Hope to play you again and great Fox man. Was a very fun game and I learned a ton about matchups and other things. Thanks for hosting as well and being so helpful with all the information you shared. It was an absolutely amazing tournament. The setup, the people everyone was excellent! I hope to go there again sometime. Keep me posted if you host another one.

choknater: I'm sorry I completely confused you with Andre. If you are the same person then I'm not sorry just call me confused.

John : Is it Lardirus? Anyway great match man hope to play you soon again! Keep on working with those samus wavedashes they are fricken good.
Redx, you're good man...too good! But on that same note ill be even better next time. My DK will show you the light...arrow?

RedX777

Smash Rookie
Bring it dude anytime! I just learned how to L cancel which may be embarrassing to say lol! But with L canceling my combos are gonna hurt even more than before! Prepare yourself for my Lens of Truth!

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
LOL yeah i noticed while commentating, you played a pretty solid game that didn't make use of l-cancelling. unorthodox but u made it work. did you used to be a brawl player?

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
LOL yeah i noticed while commentating, you played a pretty solid game that didn't make use of l-cancelling. unorthodox but u made it work. did you used to be a brawl player?
I think i may have pointed this out to you actually, i wonder if it would have been a different outcome had i not said anything...

Last edited:

E102

Smash Rookie
I can't L cancel either, and I played brawl for awhile before playing project m, so it makes sense. I had told RedX about it at the tournament and he looked at me like I was crazy. Hopefully i'll be ready and more tactful for next time we play.

RedX777

Smash Rookie
To Choknater: Yeah I was really into Brawl for awhile I would practice his boomerang combos without end. Thats kinda why most of my combos start when the boomerang comes back instead of on the initial hit. Yeah L cancelling is quite difficult to just pick up but I think I'm getting the hang of it.

To Murio : Well I don't know man cause during our match I didnt really L cancel at all either. But I want to have a good match with you so I'll tell ya a secret. Don't go Mario against my Link. James (my doubles partner) is a Mario main. I've played his Mario countless times. You would have been better off with DK cause I don't really know that match up well yet.

To E102: Start practicing L canceling bro! It seriously changes how you combo and everything. Also makes sense to me now how Link in Melee could still be so fast with L cancelling. Also I am down to Smash next week if you want but this week I'm pretty much booked on the weekends.
Unless you are free Tues, Wed, or Thurs this week that is.

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
To Choknater: Yeah I was really into Brawl for awhile I would practice his boomerang combos without end. Thats kinda why most of my combos start when the boomerang comes back instead of on the initial hit. Yeah L cancelling is quite difficult to just pick up but I think I'm getting the hang of it.

To Murio : Well I don't know man cause during our match I didnt really L cancel at all either. But I want to have a good match with you so I'll tell ya a secret. Don't go Mario against my Link. James (my doubles partner) is a Mario main. I've played his Mario countless times. You would have been better off with DK cause I don't really know that match up well yet.

To E102: Start practicing L canceling bro! It seriously changes how you combo and everything. Also makes sense to me now how Link in Melee could still be so fast with L cancelling. Also I am down to Smash next week if you want but this week I'm pretty much booked on the weekends.
Unless you are free Tues, Wed, or Thurs this week that is.
Thanks for the tip, i have been practicing DK a lot more recently. How far do you live? We could set up a little smash fest at War Torn and you guys could come down.

RedX777

Smash Rookie
Choknater: pfft sure bring it bro we shall see.

Murio: I live in the Alum Rock/ Mckee area so about 1 hour away from WTF. I'm happy to travel that distance though to smash so if you guys give me an address and a date to smash with you guys I'm there. Believe me. How about you do you live kinda close to WTF?

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
Choknater: pfft sure bring it bro we shall see.

Murio: I live in the Alum Rock/ Mckee area so about 1 hour away from WTF. I'm happy to travel that distance though to smash so if you guys give me an address and a date to smash with you guys I'm there. Believe me. How about you do you live kinda close to WTF?
I like about 2 mins from WTF actually.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
y0000 nice! i will come if RedX comes!!

man lol... in other news, i was practicing frame perfect double jump cancel down airs earlier today, with an improved method.

i thought my djc's were already pretty fast, but the Y+UP method makes them THAT much faster. i think at top speed i can do 3 per second, but it's extremely difficult and impractical to do that many in a match.. still though, awesome tech. ness looks like he doesn't even move, but the dair hitbox comes out. so scik

Last edited:

RedX777

Smash Rookie
Choknater: Oh **** man that sounds like a pain if you master it for me to face. Thats the beauty of Project Melee though people are still finding out new ways to do things to this day and whether its practical or not is up to the player not the game. I look forward to seeing this faster method though. Be sure to show me sometime when we battle again. In the meantime I'm just gonna work at my job and make the $$$ so I can participate in this upcoming tourney.

Murio: Well if you want to have a little get together before the May 10th event then I'm down just tell me when and I will try to be there. Doesn't have to be a big tourney could just be a few smashers.

E102: I hope to see you there in that little group of smashers. You too Lardarius

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yeah april is coming up so we should be planning soon. be sure to invite more friends from your area too :)

mainly i want to focus on making improvements from the last tournament.

the main difficulties were:
1. stream situation
2. protecting the money box with very little staff!
3. running the bracket with very little staff
4. messed up commentary audio (which should be fixed next time)

we had a lot of setups last time too, but we could use even more. the more setups, the better (friendly tv's!)

timeliness was not so much of an issue. we ran it smoothly, but we can do it better by assigning specific tv's while running TIO, which i neglected. so it could've run even faster.

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
yeah april is coming up so we should be planning soon. be sure to invite more friends from your area too :)

mainly i want to focus on making improvements from the last tournament.

the main difficulties were:
1. stream situation
2. protecting the money box with very little staff!
3. running the bracket with very little staff
4. messed up commentary audio (which should be fixed next time)

we had a lot of setups last time too, but we could use even more. the more setups, the better (friendly tv's!)

timeliness was not so much of an issue. we ran it smoothly, but we can do it better by assigning specific tv's while running TIO, which i neglected. so it could've run even faster.
we can't stream from war torn with their current internet set up, theres no way around it.

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
Choknater: Oh **** man that sounds like a pain if you master it for me to face. Thats the beauty of Project Melee though people are still finding out new ways to do things to this day and whether its practical or not is up to the player not the game. I look forward to seeing this faster method though. Be sure to show me sometime when we battle again. In the meantime I'm just gonna work at my job and make the $$$ so I can participate in this upcoming tourney.

Murio: Well if you want to have a little get together before the May 10th event then I'm down just tell me when and I will try to be there. Doesn't have to be a big tourney could just be a few smashers.

E102: I hope to see you there in that little group of smashers. You too Lardarius
cool man ill let you know if we start planning something

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio

I forgot to mention, me and a few other guys stream every Thursday evening at my house, you're welcome to come next week! It'll be on tonight around 6:45 @ http://www.twitch.tv/centralvalleysmash

check it out

EDIT: anyone else in the area is welcome to participate, just send me a message if you're intrested!

Last edited:

RedX777

Smash Rookie
Im very interested sir where would it be held at (address needed) and how are we planning on fixing the audio problem from last time?

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
Im very interested sir where would it be held at (address needed) and how are we planning on fixing the audio problem from last time?
The audio problem happened in the first place because no one really knew anything about streaming / recording matches, and to top it off I was working with a work around using a crappy capture card. Long story short, new capture card + experience = perfect stream

RedX777

Smash Rookie
Ah ok good. And where would the Thursday event be held address wise?

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
Ah ok good. And where would the Thursday event be held address wise?
Are you coming this Thursday? We might have a few people so it will possibly be at war torn. Unfortunately we can only record matches there and not stream. We can still have commentary though.

RedX777

Smash Rookie
Yeah dude I'll show what time should i be there by. So its War Torn Front again?

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
Yeah dude I'll show what time should i be there by. So its War Torn Front again?
Yes sir, War Torn Front. ill talk to them to make sure everything is ok with us being there tomorrow evening and get back to you today. Times will be 6pm-945pm.

I have one set and war torn has one, but i don't think war torn has an SD card. If you could bring yours that could be sweet. It's also 5 bucks an hour, per set up. If you could bring a little cash to pitch in for the final fee that would be awesom.

EDIT: AMES, if you're seeing this, you should come!

EDIT2: Anyone else, if you're seeing this, you should come!

Last edited:

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I'll likely come by tomorrow.

I made a facebook group for us:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/543670879080980/

Still haven't invited that many people yet, but i'll post on here with stream links or events whenever we do something ^_^

Here is the text I used:

"Starting this group to coincide with our current YouTube and Twitch channels, hosted by Robert Perez, a.k.a uCool, who doesn't have facebook:

https://www.youtube.com/user/centralvalleysmash
http://www.twitch.tv/centralvalleysmash

I will use this page to announce tournaments and smashfests.

There are other groups for Smash, such as Official Norcal Melee, and Official CentralCali Smash, but this will be used specifically for event announcements and general networking for the community based around Modesto/Manteca.

Our central hub for tournaments will be War Torn Front in Manteca."

maybe tomorrow we can talk about the next tournament?

Last edited:

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
I'll likely come by tomorrow.

I made a facebook group for us:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/543670879080980/

Still haven't invited that many people yet, but i'll post on here with stream links or events whenever we do something ^_^

Here is the text I used:

"Starting this group to coincide with our current YouTube and Twitch channels, hosted by Robert Perez, a.k.a uCool, who doesn't have facebook:

https://www.youtube.com/user/centralvalleysmash
http://www.twitch.tv/centralvalleysmash

I will use this page to announce tournaments and smashfests.

There are other groups for Smash, such as Official Norcal Melee, and Official CentralCali Smash, but this will be used specifically for event announcements and general networking for the community based around Modesto/Manteca.

Our central hub for tournaments will be War Torn Front in Manteca."

maybe tomorrow we can talk about the next tournament?
ah sweet! I've been looking into switching the youtube pages email account, and according to reddit, we'll need to delete the entire page and re upload everything. We'll lose some views, but might not be a bad idea since all the videos on there have the audio issue.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ah sweet! I've been looking into switching the youtube pages email account, and according to reddit, we'll need to delete the entire page and re upload everything. We'll lose some views, but might not be a bad idea since all the videos on there have the audio issue.
ah i see yeah. so far you only have a couple tournament videos and a few friendly sessions so it wouldn't hurt that much to create a new account we can share!

RedX777

Smash Rookie
Roger that I'll bring my SD card and some money for the fee. James unfortunately can't make it he has night class at 6pm :/ but he will be with us in spirit! Also i sent you a join request for that facebook group Andre. Honestly though I'll probably keep talking to you all on this thread so you could inform me that way as well

Top Bottom