• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Don't be like usekekeke

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvt

Smash Cadet
I've been lurking these forums for a while and I'm embarrassed @ the community. Ever since Brawl has come out this community has gone to ****s saying which game is better lol. (obviously Melee takes more skill). And well, smash is my 2nd time nature, what I play more often is Counter-Strike 1.6. I just wanted to point out to all of you idiots who are trolling these forums and flaming to stop, and realize just what you're doing. You're destroying the community for what it's worth, and the majority of people here are probably 13-15 thinking they know just about everything about the game because they just saw "Advanced Tricks #1" for melee. Or because they've seen all of the pro's videos so apparently that skill is granted unto you after you watch their video. Seriously if 1/2 of what comes out of the mouths of these people in these forums was true, we'd have a tie for best Brawl player between 9001 guys. I'm telling you guys to stop acting like kids (even though probably most of the new users are.), and grow up.

Don't end up like us. The Counter-Strike community. 1/2 of our text in game is either "ur fcuking terible @ this game kid" or "nice hacks. get legit u loser."

Our forums are basically 1.6 vs. Counter-Strike: Source (With 1.6 being the obvious winner, statistically).

So I'm warning all of you, you are in the midst of the big wave of change in the community.

1.6 and Source is exactly as Melee and Brawl.

And if anyone has actually played CS with the competitive community (CAL-P+) there is no room to disagree.

This is just a foreshadowing of what could be your potential community....

As of now, I would say that you're on the verge of the transition to just becoming a forum where 1/2 of what is posted is just flames and horrible insults.

~just a warning, and an awareness nudge.

p.s. i don't check these forums as much anymore just because of the bullsh*t that spews out of the mouths of some of the idiots here.

"Brawl is so much better than melee because everyne is playing it now, it has better graphics, more characters, u only play melee because you suk at brawl and u r afraid of change frum ur stupid dumb game"

sighz I miss 2006-2007.

Darkurai

Smash Master
I don't know if you noticed, but the Melee vs. Brawl debate has been flat out banned.

MattNF

Smash Lord
Couldn't agree more. The influx of children ages 13-15 or whatever that Brawl has brought about has totally ruined this community. Most of them know absolutely nothing about Smash and even more haven't even played Smash64.

2006 Smashboards was the best.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
I don't know if you noticed, but the Melee vs. Brawl debate has been flat out banned.
Further proving his point. lol.

Yeah, it seemed like 07 Boards were pretty awesome. Or at least during the update/speculation time. Now it's just new users thinking they're just as good as the best because they can kill people with Ike's rather large sword.

MattNF

Smash Lord
I love the people who say that you "hate change" if you don't like Brawl.

They don't realize that there's a difference between good change and bad change. Brawl is literally a dumbed down version of Smash. Auto UpB sweetspot, you can use rapid attacks just by holding the button (Fox's neutral A for example), tether recoveries grab the edge for you, the "get out of combo free card" also known as multiple airdodges, the fact that everyone has ridiculous recoveries making edgegaurding less useful, etc.

Brawl had the potential to be the best Smash game ever made. But Nintendo's new philosophy of dumbing down their games so Soccer Moms and Grandmas can play it has totally ruined Brawl.

I honestly don't have high expectations for SSB4, either.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Yeah, it seemed like 07 Boards were pretty awesome. Or at least during the update/speculation time. Now it's just new users thinking they're just as good as the best because they can kill people with Ike's rather large sword.
Agreed. Speculation era was the best one in the past 3 years I have been here (I joined in 07 though).
All those people that left aafter brawl came out :cry:

06-07 FTW.

-:bowser:Bowser King

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Agreed. Speculation era was the best one in the past 3 years I have been here (I joined in 07 though).
All those people that left aafter brawl came out :cry:

06-07 FTW.

-:bowser:Bowser King
I didn't get a chance to notice who left, though, but I noticed a LOT of people started joining after March/June depending on where you live. It's just not the same anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom