• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Donald Trump discuss

ARISTOS

Smash Ace
Yes, contrary arguments and perspectives exist outside the slanderous progressive echo chamber, you should entertain them if you're concerned about intellectual integrity.

Milo Yiannopoulos on the Orlando massacre
Nah, that's not what I mean.

I am always willing to listen to opposing viewpoints. I read a post on Reddit earlier detailing how extensive gun culture was to those from rural areas. It was well-written, and though it contained ad-hominems towards the end, crafted a clear picture of why people might be so opposed to gun control laws. That's dope.

**** like this:

"all I do is placate special interests, make a fool of myself and play golf" Obama?
They carelessly open our borders for the most violent, hateful, envious masses out to destroy Western culture (and by extension, modern civilization) simply to stack the political deck with a reliable supply of high fertility, welfare-dependent voters.
And pulling up hacks like Milo is akin to ****posting on a Yahoo page and is similar to stuff you see in /pol/. It drags down discussion and is not useful whatsoever.

Not interested in reading weak trash, please try again.

Last edited:

FlusteredBat

Smash Journeyman
I read a post on Reddit earlier detailing how extensive gun culture was to those from rural areas. It was well-written, and though it contained ad-hominems towards the end, crafted a clear picture of why people might be so opposed to gun control laws. That's dope.
An insult is not ad hominem if the argument has already been establish. "Now that I have established 1 + 1 = 2, I'm going to call you a crazy ****** for failing to provide a valid counterargument while refusing to accept reality"--not a fallacy. In fact it is you, ARISTOS, being the fallacious one in attempting to softly discredit an opposing perspective (which you graciously failed to link) by accusing them of utilizing ad hominem. The ad hominem fallacy fallacy!

Here's some things to think about for those who still think "gun control" is a good idea:
- The Pulse Nightclub was a "gun-free zone!"
- Paris already had strict gun-control laws

As Paul Joseph Watson puts it--we need Islam control, not gun control.

**** like this:
"****" is not an argument. Do you need me to spoon-feed you a bit of research? Couldn't find anything on Reddit? I doubt you even bothered.

http://cis.org/sites/cis.org/files/camarota-welfare-final.pdf
http://www.mclaughlinonline.com/lib...panic_Presentation_06-21-13_-_FOR_RELEASE.pdf

Who would you vote for if you were on welfare? The people determined to abolish your stolen freebies for the sake of long term prosperity or the people who will gladly expand the gravy train to feed their power addiction? This is why universal suffrage is moronic, such was never a founding principle of Democracy.

People used to understand that it is a bad idea to allow the uninformed and often stupid masses to influence the direction society.

It's such a wonderful thing for democratic nations to accept millions of unintelligent, unproductive, unstable, culturally incompatible welfare dependent immigrants! The majority always knows what's best for the future regardless of who's a part of it! Humans are all the same according to me--the Left! Except for those right-wingers, they're all evil, intolerant bigots...

And pulling up hacks like Milo is akin to ****posting on a Yahoo page and is similar to stuff you see in /pol/.
Again, calling somebody is "hack" (actual ad hominem! Well done!) and/or naming stigmatized websites--not an argument.

Milo offends me, he's a hack, I don't like his speeches, therefore he's wrong.

The three laws of SJW (courtesy of Vox Day)
1. SJWs always lie
2. SJWs always project
3. SJWs always double down

It drags down discussion and is not useful whatsoever. Not interested in reading weak trash, please try again.
How laughably pretentious.

Last edited:

Duplighost

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
There's quite a bit of hyperbole in this- we survived 9/11, and we'll get through the tragedy in Orlando.
You believe the uprise of terrorism is a mere hyperbole? Forgive me if I am taking your claim out of proportion, but it's foolish to think that terrorism is something that we can simply "get through." There is no reasonable argument as to insisting it is okay for these attacks to continue happening without taking preliminary actions, and just "getting through it." Under the authority of Obama, we have not done anything major (or at least effective) to put a stop to these occurrences, and Hillary will likely oblige to the same precedent. Who's to say the next terrorist attack will not be as drastic as 9/11?

What is slowly becoming untenable is our decision to not deal responsibly with gun violence. It's clear current regulation is not working.
What methods or regulations pertaining to gun violence would you consider acceptable? The government cannot simply decree a ban on the possession of firearms together, unless it is intending to abolish the second amendment.

Donald Trump's ban on Muslims does nothing to stop American citizens already here. Unless he is proposing banning Muslims forever, which is entirely antithetical to who we are as Americans.
That is where the ulterior issue lies; we did not do something sooner, so it leaves us no choice. It is not racist to protect our country. Race is inherent, but so should be protecting our people. We need time to figure out what is going on and develop better methods as to screening out the people determined to harm us.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/07/politics/donald-trump-muslim-ban-immigration/

"It is better to do something rather than nothing."

This is 100% false. Doing nothing is ALWAYS a policy response. Sometimes, it may be the right one. It is better to do nothing and have the option of response open than to do nothing and close a window, or worse, institute terrible policy.

Politics is coalition building. Even if he is saying the right things, if he pisses people off they're not going to work with him. Assuming what he's doing is even right.
You say it is 100% false, but elaborate to say that doing nothing is sometimes the right option. If there were terrorist attacks occurring ubiquitously in the United States and every other weekend, I am sure your proposition would falter. Do you still believe there is an effective alternative to not fighting back? Concerning groups like ISIS, it has been made evident there is no chance for "making peace." They are iniquitous people and resorting to "doing nothing" is absurd.

You have stated that prior. That is why we need to discontinue disregarding Trump's points due to his egotistical demeanor. It is too late in the game to be politically correct.

I don't assume for a second Trump isn't doing what he's doing out of love for the country, but his policy choices remain empty and without depth.
It pains me to address this. If Trump was doing this for the fame and publicity of it, trust me, he would change his views to appeal to the general populous.

Really, Sucumbio? You attribute Bin Laden's death to "all I do is placate special interests, make a fool of myself and play golf" Obama? Clearly! He displayed such admirable leadership in authorizing a course of action (after delaying it for months) which would have never become available without the persistent effort of US military and intelligence since 9/11.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUvqPgYC4U0

Hillary is qualified to handle domestic terrorism?! People like Hillary are the reason we even have domestic terrorism issues in the first place. They carelessly open our borders for the most violent, hateful, envious masses out to destroy Western culture (and by extension, modern civilization) simply to stack the political deck with a reliable supply of high fertility, welfare-dependent voters. Need I remind you that Gaddafi held the last line of defense against unsustainable Islamic immigration into Europe? "We Came, We Saw, He Died".
If I could like this a hundred times, I would.

Last edited:

ARISTOS

Smash Ace

Here's some things to think about for those who still think "gun control" is a good idea:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDYiM--TrbY

So what do you want to do? Ban Muslims from entering the country? For how long?

Not interested in getting into what other countries do- I'm focused on American policies. If Paul wants to prophesize about foreign religion and harm to the LGBT community, why is he not also lambasting countries like Uganda?

As much as you will try, you can not isolate this event from the 40+ mass shootings that have occurred since 2007. Luckily, neither will our politicians. If current legislation isn't working, then we should relook our policy.

http://www.mclaughlinonline.com/lib...panic_Presentation_06-21-13_-_FOR_RELEASE.pdf

Who would you vote for if you were on welfare? The people determined to abolish your stolen freebies for the sake of long term prosperity or the people who will gladly expand the gravy train to feed their power addiction? This is why universal suffrage is moronic, such was never a founding principle of Democracy.

1. Welfare isn't stolen freebies lol. Do you complain about the government providing you roads and schools?
2. Do you even listen to yourself?
3. We're not a democracy, but a republic.

People used to understand that it is a bad idea to allow the uninformed and often stupid masses to influence the direction society.

How pretentious.

It's such a wonderful thing for democratic nations to accept millions of unintelligent, unproductive, unstable, culturally incompatible welfare dependent immigrants! The majority always knows what's best for the future regardless of who's a part of it! Humans are all the same according to me--the Left! Except for those right-wingers, they're all evil, intolerant bigots...

Please, take some time to listen to the drivel you are spewing.

Note that you are the ONLY right winger I've called out like this on this thread. Why do you think that is?

Again, calling somebody is "hack" (actual ad hominem! Well done!) and/or naming stigmatized websites--not an argument.

1. SJWs always lie
2. SJWs always project
lol

Not really interested in talking about this further. When you want to talk about the impacts of welfare policy without resorting to demagoguery, feel free to msg me.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Okay... getting a bit derailed here so let's go back a step and redress some of these points and how they relate to Donald Trump's campaign for President.

Really, Sucumbio? You attribute Bin Laden's death to "all I do is placate special interests, make a fool of myself and play golf" Obama? Clearly! He displayed such admirable leadership in authorizing a course of action (after delaying it for months) which would have never become available without the persistent effort of US military and intelligence since 9/11.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUvqPgYC4U0
Strawman. I didn't say Obama should be -solely- credited with Laden's demise. If we want to be totally accurate then Bush's administration is just as guilty for allowing ISIL to become what it is today due to the power void left in Iraq during Operation Iraqi Freedom (which we should have never started to begin with, but that's another topic). No, point was that Obama can in fact take credit for being president during the successful end of bin Laden and his entire terrorist organization which has been all but demolished. ISIL is now the biggest and most real threat to "world peace," and it's NOT due to Obama's administration, but Bush's. Since he's literally only a few months from being gone, there's nothing he can do realistically except set the next administration up as well as possible to continue the fight.

Hillary is qualified to handle domestic terrorism?! People like Hillary are the reason we even have domestic terrorism issues in the first place. They carelessly open our borders for the most violent, hateful, envious masses out to destroy Western culture (and by extension, modern civilization) simply to stack the political deck with a reliable supply of high fertility, welfare-dependent voters. Need I remind you that Gaddafi held the last line of defense against unsustainable Islamic immigration into Europe? "We Came, We Saw, He Died".
We cannot have closed borders. This is America. We are the one nation in the world where everyone deserves a chance to take a slice of the American Dream and turn it into their own Pie. If we're to take the issue seriously, we have to first understand this, and stop wasting precious time even considering the possibility that closing our borders to immigration will somehow magically stop malcontents from entering. Trust me. If a person or persons want to do some damage here in the US, they will. Regardless of what safeguards are in place. We lack the technology to read people's minds and intentions. This isn't some science fiction state where we know who will commit crimes before they happen. All we can do is take better steps to ensure public safety. If you want to tie this in to the Orlando shooting (which is an -isolated- incident) then we should look at why there wasn't better security at the establishment itself. I've been to plenty of night clubs where you definitely couldn't get in with so much as a Swiss Army Knife, let alone packing guns and ammunition.

And, oh yes, Gaddafi, who got sandbagged by Republican Hero Ronald Regan in the 80s.

is this real
Let's avoid snark. If you wish to challenge an opposing view, then demonstrate why it's wrong through citation. Thanks.

Yes, contrary arguments and perspectives exist outside the slanderous progressive echo chamber, you should entertain them if you're concerned about intellectual integrity.

Milo Yiannopoulos on the Orlando massacre
There's a reason why Milo gets banned half the time. His ideas aren't only unpopular, they're hateful, and insight riots. Not exactly the best use of sources, guy.

An insult is not ad hominem if the argument has already been establish. "Now that I have established 1 + 1 = 2, I'm going to call you a crazy ****** for failing to provide a valid counterargument while refusing to accept reality"--not a fallacy. In fact it is you, ARISTOS, being the fallacious one in attempting to softly discredit an opposing perspective (which you graciously failed to link) by accusing them of utilizing ad hominem. The ad hominem fallacy fallacy!

Again, we can't just arbitrarily decide who can stay and who can go, or who can come in and who can't. It's not tenable. We have to remain consistent with our own Constitution. We have a legacy to uphold. If you're suggesting we restructure the US Constitution with an amendment countering the 1st amendment's protective clause re: religion, this is probably the only suggestion that would work to confine our borders in the way you're imagining. But it's a slippery slope. All religions are okay except, what, Islam? Or "Radical" Islam. It'll never happen.

"****" is not an argument. Do you need me to spoon-feed you a bit of research? Couldn't find anything on Reddit? I doubt you even bothered.

1. SJWs always lie
2. SJWs always project

How laughably pretentious.
I'll agree Trump would gladly reduce welfare programs in this country. The unfortunate result would be streets full of homeless people. Not that we don't already have a lot of homeless. But I can't accept that adding millions more, literally, would be somehow better. It's obvious what has to happen. Taxes needing to be increased on top level earners. Did you read Bernie Sander's tax return? Or Obama's or Hillary's? They all are in the same boat. They earn way more than normal Americans, and pay -less- taxes. This is a system that's bound to lead to hatred of welfare recipients.

FlusteredBat

Smash Journeyman
Okay... getting a bit derailed here so let's go back a step and redress some of these points and how they relate to Donald Trump's campaign for President.
A post doesn't need to specifically include "Donald Trump" to be relevant to his campaign.

Strawman. I didn't say Obama should be -solely- credited with Laden's demise. If we want to be totally accurate then Bush's administration is just as guilty for allowing ISIL to become what it is today due to the power void left in Iraq during Operation Iraqi Freedom (which we should have never started to begin with, but that's another topic). No, point was that Obama can in fact take credit for being president during the successful end of bin Laden and his entire terrorist organization which has been all but demolished. ISIL is now the biggest and most real threat to "world peace," and it's NOT due to Obama's administration, but Bush's. Since he's literally only a few months from being gone, there's nothing he can do realistically except set the next administration up as well as possible to continue the fight.
You weasel!

"How quickly people forget the good in the face of the bad. Just sayin. Obama got bin Laden m, something Bush couldn't do in 2 terms. Obama is a lame duck now so he's not in a position to do much other than talking. Hilary is probably the only candidate who actually understands what Terrorism is. This makes her better qualified to be the one handling our domestic terrorism issues."

I was specifically addressing that exact sentiment which you so nonchalantly espoused. Straw-manning is when somebody intentionally misrepresents another's position to discredit them. It's not my fault if you communicated one thing while thinking another. You did not say "Obama was president at the time Bin Laden was killed", but directly suggested "It was good that Obama finally caught Bin Laden"

We cannot have closed borders. This is America.
<insert anything> because America.

How exactly is that a reasonable argument?

We are the one nation in the world where everyone deserves a chance to take a slice of the American Dream and turn it into their own Pie.
EVERYONE?!

Please excuse me while I gag a little.

...deserves a chance to TAKE a slice of the AMERICAN DREAM?!

...and turn it into THEIR OWN PIE?!

Practical translation:
"Anyone in the entire world is entitled to invade Western nations, take advantage of the productive citizens and eventually assert political dominance"

This is the progressive agenda, folks! Welcome to white genocide!

Tell me, Sucumbio, how tolerant would you be if hundreds of homeless immigrants broke into your house and started helping themselves to food, clothes, entertainment, valuables, the toilet, shower and bedroom? They're entitled to a portion of your "American Dream", disadvantaged as they are. You better not complain as they inevitably turn your humble abode into a den of debauchery! It's part of their rich culture!!

By the way, thanks for reminding me of this skit

Your perspective severely falls short in asserting that illiterate, traumatized, possibly violent, likely vengeful, low-IQ, third world "refugees" are capable of respecting Western traditions, let alone becoming productive citizens.

If we're to take the issue seriously, we have to first understand this, and stop wasting precious time even considering the possibility that closing our borders to immigration will somehow magically stop malcontents from entering. Trust me. If a person or persons want to do some damage here in the US, they will. Regardless of what safeguards are in place.
I see! So enforcing borders does absolutely nothing! The assumed efficacy of deporting illegal immigrants versus systematically enabling them is just magical thinking! There's actually no difference! TRUST ME!

Let's just allow millions of questionable foreigners to establish themselves within our communities because the dangerous ones are definitely going to get in regardless--there's absolutely no stopping them! Why even bother funding the police or military? They're completely useless!

A handful of easily identifiable enemy infiltrators versus thousands of guaranteed infiltrators hiding behind the veil of political correctness? No difference! What's a massacre or two? or three, or four, or five, or six... NO DIFFERENCE!

We lack the technology to read people's minds and intentions. This isn't some science fiction state where we know who will commit crimes before they happen. All we can do is take better steps to ensure public safety.
That's absolutely unnecessary. Simply heed a psycho's words and actions ahead of time instead of claiming to be helpless in hindsight. It isn't difficult to identify a threat before something happens.

If you want to tie this in to the Orlando shooting (which is an -isolated- incident) then we should look at why there wasn't better security at the establishment itself. I've been to plenty of night clubs where you definitely couldn't get in with so much as a Swiss Army Knife, let alone packing guns and ammunition.
- Omar Mateen called 911 during his attack to pledge allegiance to ISIS and pray to Allah. Isolated!
- Homosexuals are executed in 11 Islamic countries. Isolated!
- 52% of Muslims in the UK (!!) think that homosexuality should be punishable by law. Isolated!
- On April 2016, the Husseini Islamic Center--only a half hour drive away from the Pulse Nightclub--invited Sheikh Farrokh Sekaleshfar to speak at their Mosque. Here's a quote: "Death is the sentence. We know there's nothing to be embarrassed about this, death is the sentence... We have to have that compassion for people, with homosexuals, it's the same, out of compassion, let's get rid of them now." ISOLATED!
- Isolated!
- Isolated!
- Isolated! (translate the page, and read the comments)

Better security? How about not allowing someone like Omar Mateen to work as a security guard (or even letting them into the country). That might help!

The FBI was fully aware of Mateen, they could have stopped him well in advanced, but they were hampered by political correctness.

And, oh yes, Gaddafi, who got sandbagged by Republican Hero Ronald Regan in the 80s.
"Okay... getting a bit derailed here" -Sucumbio

There's a reason why Milo gets banned half the time. His ideas aren't only unpopular, they're hateful, and insight riots. Not exactly the best use of sources, guy.
Must I repeat myself?

Again, we can't just arbitrarily decide who can stay and who can go, or who can come in and who can't. It's not tenable.
News flash--deciding who can stay and who must go is a fundamental aspect of any community, it's called "having standards". It's an immigrants job to meet our standards if they wish to live here, not the other way around.

We have to remain consistent with our own Constitution. We have a legacy to uphold.
A legacy of being overrun by terrorists?

If you're suggesting we restructure the US Constitution with an amendment countering the 1st amendment's protective clause re: religion, this is probably the only suggestion that would work to confine our borders in the way you're imagining. But it's a slippery slope. All religions are okay except, what, Islam? Or "Radical" Islam. It'll never happen.
Oh yes, I'm sure the original intent of the constitution was to protect the "freedom of speech" of foreign nationals seeking to destroy it. Give me a break. Progressives only invoke the constitution when it's convenient.

Islam may obscure itself as a religion like any other, but it's primarily a political ideology with the ultimate goal of global subjugation under Sharia. Go read the sacred Islamic texts then you might understand how ridiculous that "slippery slope" warning is. Don't conflate all religions into a functionally indistinct blob.

Fun Fact!: There's more genocidal antisemitism in the Quranic literature than Mein Kampf.

I'll agree Trump would gladly reduce welfare programs in this country. The unfortunate result would be streets full of homeless people. Not that we don't already have a lot of homeless. But I can't accept that adding millions more, literally, would be somehow better. It's obvious what has to happen. Taxes needing to be increased on top level earners. Did you read Bernie Sander's tax return? Or Obama's or Hillary's? They all are in the same boat. They earn way more than normal Americans, and pay -less- taxes. This is a system that's bound to lead to hatred of welfare recipients.
Let's agree that the sky is blue while we're at it...

Why do you endorse unrestricted immigration from third world countries if you don't like the idea of adding to the homeless statistic?

Here are some sensible questions to ask: What are the causal factors for homelessness? Why are so many people on welfare? Why do so few strive to break out of welfare? What happens to the people on welfare when the economy collapses?

I'm tired of explaining the catastrophic consequences of welfare/socialism to no avail, I'd rather just link this. Watch it or don't watch it, I don't care.

I know some of you think that supporting Bernie Sanders is the upstanding compassionate thing to do, but it really isn't, it so isn't.

I now await the inevitable response where Sucumbio prattles on about how badly I've misinterpreted his position.

Last edited:

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
You did not say "Obama was president at the time Bin Laden was killed", but directly suggested "It was good that Obama finally caught Bin Laden"
Well, cause it's obvious? "Obama" = "Obama's Administration." You weren't thinking I was praising Obama for strapping on a six guns and drawing down on the bearded foe in person, were you? That is the point, though. Al Q's leader was finally got, but people want to sit around and act like Obama's wasted the last 8 years. All because now within literal weeks of his term's end when there's nothing more he can do, one mentally challenged and potentially closeted homosexual shoots up a gay night club, but Obama and Progressives are "weak" on terrorism? Please.

<insert anything> because America.

How exactly is that a reasonable argument?
Because it seems I have to restate the obvious with you. Anyone who's taken US History knows how this country came to be. Immigration. Since there's no denying that, to hold some facile opinion that it won't work anymore is basically trying to contradict how America was founded. Call 'em oranges, already.

"Anyone in the entire world is entitled to invade Western nations, take advantage of the productive citizens and eventually assert political dominance"

This is the progressive agenda, folks! Welcome to white genocide!
If that is how you read it, then you are cynical. Yes, anyone in the world has the right to attempt citizenship in the US. It's not guaranteed, obviously. But then again, it's not the first step a lot of the time. Work Visas and such. If you come here to work, then you live here. If you live here, then yes, you should have a say in the political landscape. But no, you won't find droves of immigrants purposefully coming here to somehow usurp or undermine the "white" way of life (racist, much?).

Tell me, Sucumbio, how tolerant would you be if hundreds of homeless immigrants broke into your house and started helping themselves to food, clothes, entertainment, valuables, the toilet, shower and bedroom? They're entitled to a portion of your "American Dream", disadvantaged as they are. You better not complain as they inevitably turn your humble abode into a den of debauchery! It's part of their rich culture!!
And, there you have it. Your entire stance, poised atop a pinnacle of outrageous fear mongering and nonsensical conspiracy theory. Truly, you had me at "debauchery."

So anyway, let's be serious for a moment. The American Dream, is in a nutshell, turning something small into something grand. Start a mom-n-pop restaurant, turn it into a million dollar franchise. Come up with a nifty logo, find it on millions of tee-shirts. Invent MySpace, or Facebook, or whatever. Small to big. Yes, everyone has the -right- to achieve this. Our freedoms in America are set up to ensure this is possible for everyone. If we shut that down, turn it off, we let the terrorists win. We live in fear. Why would you want to live in fear? Clearly you're already trembling under your bed at night with images dirty immigrants pounding down your door to eat your pop tarts. You sound as if you may be the next one to go off the deep end and shoot up a mosque or something. Seriously, no offense intended, radical thinking is just so plainly obvious that your outbursts are hard to ignore in light of this.

Your perspective severely falls short in asserting that illiterate, traumatized, possibly violent, likely vengeful, low-IQ, third world "refugees" are capable of respecting Western traditions, let alone becoming productive citizens.
I see. So, for instance, my grandfather who fled China during the communist takeover, and who grew up in a pig farming village in Canton, didn't make his way to Boston where he'd be educated and work as an engineer for Raytheon. Or his wife and her sister who also fled communist China and went to work for the State Department at the Boston Naval Shipyard during WWII. Or his daughter, a true 1st generation ABC, graduated MFA, Tufts University.

Illiterate: technically, until he learned how to read. All people are illiterate to start. Duh.
Traumatized: I'd say so. His village was ransacked by the local warlord on a monthly basis. Hence why China was so unhinged and easily fell to the Communist regime.
Possible Violent: Aren't we all? If we're backed into a corner? My father emigrated from the UK, after serving 2 years fighting the NRA in Belfast, Duke of Wellington's Regiment, Special Ops. Definitely capable of much violence.
Likely Vengeful: Sure, because all the world's problems are definitely Uncle Sam's fault. America is to blame for China's plight in 1911. Oh wait, no it wasn't.
Low-IQ: Of course, because dirty pig farmers have no chance in hell of being born with enough brains to expand beyond the simple life.

Now I understand that my own personal history is of little interest to you. But it just goes to demonstrate that you're unable to see the connection between who you are, and where you came from, vs. the newbies to the game. Everyone in America with the only exception being literal Native Americans, came from another country, and more often than not, did so not on some whim, but because they saw an opportunity for personal growth and development.

I see! So enforcing borders does absolutely nothing! The assumed efficacy of deporting illegal immigrants versus systematically enabling them is just magical thinking! There's actually no difference! TRUST ME!

Let's just allow millions of questionable foreigners to establish themselves within our communities because the dangerous ones are definitely going to get in regardless--there's absolutely no stopping them! Why even bother funding the police or military? They're completely useless!

A handful of easily identifiable enemy infiltrators versus thousands of guaranteed infiltrators hiding behind the veil of political correctness? No difference! What's a massacre or two? or three, or four, or five, or six... NO DIFFERENCE!
Yeah, pretty much. I mean, except for all the obvious racism. Foreigners aren't questionable by -default-. Wearing a turban on your head doesn't immediately mean 9/11 attacker or Marathon Bomber. If we thought that way all the time, we'd have to kill ourselves, since how many white anglo-saxon protestants commit crime? I mean, really, there's no basis for racism, there never is. It's just close-minded thinking and irrational fear.

- Omar Mateen called 911 during his attack to pledge allegiance to ISIS and pray to Allah. Isolated!
... and Al-Nusra. They aren't the same, actually, quite different. Meaning he was all over the place. Not to mention none of the -actual- ISIS leaders have taken credit. If someone goes and kills a bunch of people while screaming "FOR ISIS!" that doesn't make them part of the ISIS agenda.

Oh, and "According to FBI Director James Comey, in the past few years Mateen confusingly expressed support for both the Islamic State and Hezbollah—even though the latter group is an avowed enemy of the Islamic State and is fighting against it in Syria on the side of Bashar Assad." -source

So yes, Isolated.

- Homosexuals are executed in 11 Islamic countries. Isolated!
No, just irrelevant to the debate as a whole.

- 52% of Muslims in the UK (!!) think that homosexuality should be punishable by law. Isolated!

There's plenty of nut-bag Christians who feel the same way
, what's your point?

more examples of stuff that's not what I was talking about
I get it, you think because he said he's doing it for the good seats in Muslim Heaven then all Muslims should be punished as a result. Good thing you're not running for president!

Better security? How about not allowing someone like Omar Mateen to work as a security guard (or even letting them into the country). That might help!
Someone like Mateen. Let's just change his last name to McVeigh. That's what the slippery slope is. I understand you want to cure the cold by cutting off the head but for every time succeed in stopping one person preemptively through such horrible tactics as racial profiling, we're cutting our noses to spite our face.

The FBI was fully aware of Mateen, they could have stopped him well in advanced, but they were hampered by political correctness.
No, they just dropped the ball, and even they've admitted it.

"Okay... getting a bit derailed here" -Sucumbio
Hey, you brought him up. I was merely pointing out just how not-supported by Republicans he was.

News flash--deciding who can stay and who must go is a fundamental aspect of any community, it's called "having standards". It's an immigrants job to meet our standards if they wish to live here, not the other way around.

A legacy of being overrun by terrorists?

Oh yes, I'm sure the original intent of the constitution was to protect the "freedom of speech" of foreign nationals seeking to destroy it. Give me a break. Progressives only invoke the constitution when it's convenient.

Islam may obscure itself as a religion like any other, but it's primarily a political ideology with the ultimate goal of global subjugation under Sharia. Go read the sacred Islamic texts then you might understand how ridiculous that "slippery slope" warning is. Don't conflate all religions into a functionally indistinct blob.

Fun Fact!: There's more genocidal antisemitism in the Quranic literature than Mein Kampf.

Let's agree that the sky is blue while we're at it...

Why do you endorse unrestricted immigration from third world countries if you don't like the idea of adding to the homeless statistic?

Here are some sensible questions to ask: What are the causal factors for homelessness? Why are so many people on welfare? Why do so few strive to break out of welfare? What happens to the people on welfare when the economy collapses?

I'm tired of explaining the catastrophic consequences of welfare/socialism to no avail, I'd rather just link this. Watch it or don't watch it, I don't care.

I know some of you think that supporting Bernie Sanders is the upstanding compassionate thing to do, but it really isn't, it so isn't.

I now await the inevitable response where Sucumbio prattles on about how badly I've misinterpreted his position.

Center for Immigration Studies Report Exaggerates Immigrant Welfare Use

Does Immigration Induce Terrorism?

Here's a couple of documents for YOU (see I can do that too).

Bottom line: You believe that we have enough now. Probably should have stopped letting newcomers in 30 years ago. You look around and see blacks and Hispanics and other minorities, and turn your nose up. Dirty mongrels. Undeserving. They're lazy. They're draining your resources, taking food out of your mouth, money out of your pocket. They're banding together and putting people in power who will pass legislation making it easier for them to take what you have. They're prone to crime because they lack the fundamental morals only hard-working whites can possess.

If I've somehow got you all wrong, please... PLEASE, correct me. I'd hate to think I have this opinion of you when I shouldn't. But if you wonder why I've come to this conclusion, it's simple. You've literally left me nothing else to go on. You repeatedly link your ideas to vbloggers who couldn't get within 1000 feet of the President (even if it -was- Trump) because of what terrible human beings they are, and expect us to respect these as intellectually honest and sources of integrity. You've masqueraded your ideas as common sense when it's really just veiled racism. Heck, not even so veiled, it's kinda blatant. We're really lucky this is the DH, because anywhere else on the forum, and this whole discussion would have been shut down by now due to its overwhelmingly insensitive and hateful nature. I mean, you realize your audience isn't just some v-neck sweater rowing club, right? Help me understand, please. That's 3 pleases in one paragraph, my desperation to comprehend your world view is truly remarkable.

FlusteredBat

Smash Journeyman
Don't worry Sucumbio Sucumbio , the self-destructive nature of unrequited sentimentality will eventually become quite apparent. Then you'll finally understand the price paid for all those politically correct social justice brownie points.

I'm not going to ask anything of you with "please please please" as if I genuinely give a crap (your concern-trollery does not elude me), but I do seriously implore you to actually study the backward cultures you have chosen to defend.

Last edited:

ARISTOS

Smash Ace
You believe the uprise of terrorism is a mere hyperbole? Forgive me if I am taking your claim out of proportion, but it's foolish to think that terrorism is something that we can simply "get through." There is no reasonable argument as to insisting it is okay for these attacks to continue happening without taking preliminary actions, and just "getting through it." Under the authority of Obama, we have not done anything major (or at least effective) to put a stop to these occurrences, and Hillary will likely oblige to the same precedent. Who's to say the next terrorist attack will not be as drastic as 9/11?
Think I might have understated myself. Stopping security threats is a very big deal; I simply don't think it should come with breaking core values. We're a nation of immigrants who pride themselves not only on the 2nd Amendment, but the 1st one as well. I haven't read much in regards to defense budgets but I don't see how Obama has done nothing to stop terrorist occurrences.

What methods or regulations pertaining to gun violence would you consider acceptable? The government cannot simply decree a ban on the possession of firearms together, unless it is intending to abolish the second amendment.
TBH if I was in charge guns would be banned tomorrow. But I understand the importance of guns in different parts of American life. I think it's a privilege we've proven unworthy of time and time again.

I would move towards more restrictions on where guns are sold, with more stringent regulation regarding who is getting guns and where those guns have gone (or are going).

That is where the ulterior issue lies; we did not do something sooner, so it leaves us no choice. It is not racist to protect our country. Race is inherent, but so should be protecting our people. We need time to figure out what is going on and develop better methods as to screening out the people determined to harm us.

No, but creating a ban specifically for Muslims runs against our 1st Amendment beliefs.

You say it is 100% false, but elaborate to say that doing nothing is sometimes the right option. If there were terrorist attacks occurring ubiquitously in the United States and every other weekend, I am sure your proposition would falter. Do you still believe there is an effective alternative to not fighting back? Concerning groups like ISIS, it has been made evident there is no chance for "making peace." They are iniquitous people and resorting to "doing nothing" is absurd.
It's not, "fight back or not fight back". There are numerous shades of gray, strategical approaches, etc. to dealing with the crisis. Again, what is dangerous is choosing the wrong option. I agree that something needs to be done- I was simply arguing against the absolute statement that it is better to do something than to do nothing.

You have stated that prior. That is why we need to discontinue disregarding Trump's points due to his egotistical demeanor. It is too late in the game to be politically correct.

It pains me to address this. If Trump was doing this for the fame and publicity of it, trust me, he would change his views to appeal to the general populous.

If I could like this a hundred times, I would.
I'm going to have to just vehemently disagree with your first stance. The manner in which you say something has a profound impact on whether or not things get done. There are solid Latino groups that agree with improving the immigration system and preventing illegal immigration/cutting down on the amount already here, but Trump's rhetoric has been so toxic it has vehemently energized their base to register to vote against him in record numbers. Rhetoric counts.

Nevertheless, it is always important to believe in the best of our political frontrunners and leaders. Don't like how cynical everyone is about politics all the time.

FlusteredBat

Smash Journeyman
Progressive sentiments

1. Unrestricted immigration is good because "nation of Immigrants"
2. Protect Islam because free speech.
3, Gun control prevents gun violence (or violence in general).
4. You're racist if you disagree.

A dose of sanity

1. A nation of European Christian immigrants, originally without systematic welfare!

It's impossible to truly comprehend the idiocy of unrestricted immigration if you buy into the "all races and cultures are interchangeable" myth. Progressives love to label themselves scientific and rational when it comes to the lightweight task of debunking faith, though they turn into freaking Trigglypuffs whenever someone dares cite studies like "The Bell Curve" which strongly suggest a real IQ distinction between the races (On average!! Never judge an individual by their race!). IQ is extremely important to consider when dealing with millions of potential immigrants, especially since it affects factors such as productivity, criminality* and fertility.

Note: IQ is not synonymous with accrued knowledge, it refers to one's innate intellectual capacity based on the efficiency of their brain.

One needs at least 90 IQ to do well under our philosophically developed western traditions. Did you know the current average IQ in Syria is 83? Mexico is 88. No doubt these numbers have already been influenced by brain drain. Do you support more brain drain? What hope do these countries have as their standards continue to drop?

*The sweet-spot for criminality is about 85 IQ.

Those Hispanic and Muslim friends you might have--pretty cool guys, right? Well they're the cream of the crop for the most part.

Notice how all the countries with an average IQ bellow 90 are either tyrannical dictatorships or failed states. Look it up.

I know you're probably thinking "IQ tests are bogus, they're completely biased in favor of whites, blah blah blah". OK, then why do East Asians perform better than whites on "white" tests? It's because IQ is a measure immediate retention and mental agility, not trivial regurgitation.

Sorry, people like Sucumbio Sucumbio , but avoiding contrary ideas on the basis of slanderous virtue signalling is an admission of bigotry. As Aristotle once said--"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it".

2. The first amendment does not protect foreign nationals!

Islam is no more a banal spiritual belief system than Nazism or Communism--it is first and foremost a political movement bent on world domination. ISIS stands for "Islamic State", and the international majority of so-called "moderate Muslims" are in support of their barbarous goals.

Go study the Quran before you decide to kiss Islam's a**. Compare the examples of Muhammad and Jesus Christ, both paragons of their religion. A Child-rap*ng mass murderer vs. an unreasonably altruistic revolutionary.

3. Time and time again, the proven inefficacy of attempting to disarm civilians and setting up "gun-free" zones never sinks in with progressives. How many more innocent people have to die?

Bill Whittle summarizes it best.

4. Really?
Black pride = empowered
Asian pride = empowered
White pride = racist

Literally any other race/sub-race is allowed to assert themselves without having some progressive douche-bag shout them down for being racist. Who's the real racist here?

Racism against whites has become so sickeningly ubiquitous that it totally flies under the mainstream radar.

Unsurprisingly, the progressives are still just as racist as ever when it comes to "disadvantaged minorities" through the soft bigotry of low expectations. Anyone who isn't a white male deserves to be infantilized--that's called "caring"!

Does it even occur to people that "Muslim" and "Hispanic" do not represent clearly defined races?

Another good summary.
"If not for double standards, [progressives] wouldn't have standards"

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
How does welfare motivate people to not leave poverty? The average benefit per person for S.N.A.P.S ( also known as food stamps ) is $1.50 per meal. You keep insinuating that poor people are lazy, even though most benefit programs require you to have a job to even receive money. You all claim that Welfare programs are a failure, even though it has helped 48 million people get above the poverty line.

This idea that poor people on welfare get to eat steaks for dinner with food stamps while middle class people are stuck with fast food burgers is a vicious lie.

What kind of decent meal can you make for yourself with a dollar and fifty cents?

Welfare isn't a perfect system, but I am sick of listening to politicians - specifically republicans - antagonize and throw poor people under the bus for their own gain with their fantastical lies.

They want to talk about how the economy is collapsing, but want to complain about how many poor people need government aid.

Real question, FlusteredBat FlusteredBat , do you even know any poor people? Because I do.

I live in Memphis, the poorest metropolitan city in the United States. For the most part, poor people are hard working tax payers just like everyone else. The truth is blue collar jobs can't support families like they used to, this has nothing to do with people's work ethic.

:150:

Last edited:

FlusteredBat

Smash Journeyman
User was warned for this post
How does welfare motivate people to not leave poverty? The average benefit per person for S.N.A.P.S ( also known as food stamps ) is $1.50 per meal. You keep insinuating that poor people are lazy, even though most benefit programs require you to have a job to even receive money. You all claim that Welfare programs are a failure, even though it has helped 48 million people get above the poverty line.
Have you heard of the "welfare cliff"?

If you don't understand ^ then you have no place in this discussion at present.

Basically, under this particular welfare system, a person needs to earn about $80,000 a year without welfare in order to equal the total amount of value they would accrue at under $20,000 a year with welfare. This outright rewards people for being lazy.

This idea that poor people on welfare get to eat steaks for dinner with food stamps while middle class people are stuck with fast food burgers is a vicious lie.

What kind of decent meal can you make for yourself with a dollar and fifty cents?
I must have missed the part where we talked about cuisine inequality.

Welfare isn't a perfect system, but I am sick of listening to politicians - specifically republicans - antagonize and throw poor people under the bus for their own gain with their fantastical lies.
Actually pay attention and you'll realize that the people who oppose welfare want to raise the standards of poorer neighborhoods, not lock them into crippling dependency and/or enable their worst impulses.

They want to talk about how the economy is collapsing, but want to complain about how many poor people need government aid.
Hey, Mew, who do you think will suffer the most when the economy collapses? Where do you think the government's money comes from? Do you know what hyperinflation is?

Real question, FlusteredBat FlusteredBat , do you even know any poor people? Because I do.
I sure do, and they're the most dishonest, lazy, screwed up, insufferable people I've ever met. Are we done with meaningless anecdotes?

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
It's impossible to truly comprehend the idiocy of unrestricted immigration if you buy into the "all races and cultures are interchangeable" myth. Progressives love to label themselves scientific and rational when it comes to the lightweight task of debunking faith, though they turn into freaking Trigglypuffs whenever someone dares cite studies like "The Bell Curve" which strongly suggest a real IQ distinction between the races (On average!! Never judge an individual by their race!). IQ is extremely important to consider when dealing with millions of potential immigrants, especially since it affects factors such as productivity, criminality* and fertility.

One needs at least 90 IQ to do well under our philosophically developed western traditions. Did you know the current average IQ in Syria is 83? Mexico is 88. No doubt these numbers have already been influenced by brain drain. Do you support more brain drain? What hope do these countries have as their standards continue to drop?

Those Hispanic and Muslim friends you might have--pretty cool guys, right? Well they're the cream of the crop for the most part.

Black pride = empowered
Asian pride = empowered
White pride = racist
First of all: Intelligence is subjective. It's a social construct. Just like beauty or race, it can mean something completely different depending on who you ask. An IQ test only measures one type of intelligence out of them. IQ test are not an accurate way to measure the capacity of the human brain. More and more research shows that our IQ test arenot very good at its job and is in bad need of a redesign. Overall, I think using such a controversial and shaky science like this to "prove" people of third world countries are beneath us (because that is as sure as hell what it sounds like to me) is a poor choice.

People don't have a problem with white pride at all. There is nothing wrong with white Americans being proud of who they are. White supremacy is what is racist, and has been a fundamental problem within this country. It is really perplexing you don't know the difference.

I think you are dangerously flirting with racism right now, Bat.

:150:

Last edited:

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
1. A nation of European Christian immigrants, originally without systematic welfare!

History of Welfare

Apparently even Romans had welfare. Neat.

It's impossible to truly comprehend the idiocy of unrestricted immigration if you buy into the "all races and cultures are interchangeable" myth.
I agree, it's impossible to debate you if you believe that on some fundamental level "3rd world" inhabitants are on average, dumber than the rest of us, and so therefore, not worth allowing to live here.

Islam is no more a banal spiritual belief system than Nazism or Communism--it is first and foremost a political movement bent on world domination.
Islam isn't a political belief system. It's a religion. What you're referring to is RADICAL Islam. Islam itself is protected by the 1st amendment the same as Christianity. And no immigrant should be denied access to the US based solely on their religious beliefs.

How many more innocent people have to die?
Innocent people die every day. How many innocent people die of gun violence in other countries compared to the US? And what does immigration have to do with the fact that there's just too many guns in the US?

Black pride = empowered
Asian pride = empowered
White pride = racist
Uh, yah. Believing yourself better than someone else by virtue of skin color alone is racist. "I may be ______, but at least I'm not black." If you're white, well, you've never felt the sting of being a minority. So how could know what it's like?

FlusteredBat

Smash Journeyman
First of all: Intelligence is subjective. It's a social construct. Just like beauty or race, it can mean something completely different depending on who you ask. An IQ test only measures one type of intelligence out of them. IQ test are not an accurate way to measure the capacity of the human brain. More and more research shows that our IQ test arenot very good at its job and is in bad need of a redesign. Overall, I think using such a controversial and shaky science like this to "prove" people of third world countries are beneath us (because that is as sure as hell what it sounds like to me) is a poor choice.

People don't have a problem with white pride at all. There is nothing wrong with white Americans being proud of who they are. White supremacy is what is racist, and has been a fundamental problem within this country. It is really perplexing you don't know the difference.

I think you are dangerously flirting with racism right now, Bat.
The progressive media always conflates white pride with white supremacy. Point me to a single mainstream article which celebrates white pride.

Assertions are not counter-arguments, Mew, let alone assertions I have already addressed. There's nothing subjective about measuring brain speed, accuracy, short-term retention and long-term processing. Stop blindly accepting the lies of progressivism and go do some actual research!

Here, I'll point you in the right direction.

Accepting average differences in IQ between the races is no more racist than accepting that Asians tend to be shorter than Caucasians.
"I KNOW A TALL ASIAN AND A SHORT CAUCASIAN!!"
Of course there are always exceptions, but exceptions are only as notable as the degree they have strayed from the average. We need to compare average measurements across multiple large samples if we are to be well-informed regarding the likely consequences of mass immigration from any particular ethnic region.

Accepting that Asians possess a higher IQ than Caucasians is not to say that Asians are a superior race, only that they evolved under a different circumstance which required a bit more intelligence for survival rather than brute strength. It was crucial to think long-term and defer gratification in order to endure the onslaught of northern winters.

The capacity to defer gratification also happens to be an integral part of financial success in the modern world. For example, I could immediately spend all my disposable income on hedonistic endeavors, or I could save/invest that money so that I might have more to spend in the future. The former is a low-IQ trait, the latter is a high-IQ trait. AGAIN, we're talking averages here, not exceptions.

Racism:
To assume characteristics of an individual solely based on their race. In other words, to treat an entire race as a mass of uniformity. It usually also means having different moral standards for different races.

Do you hold others to the same moral standards regardless of race or do some races deserve more or less consideration based on their assumed individual circumstances?

Remember SJW law number two? SJWs always project! Keep that in mind as they try to inappropriately link what I'm saying to racism, lurkers.

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
How does welfare motivate people to not leave poverty?
Reasonably simple to understand. If you make more money / get more benefits from not working or searching for employment, then why look for a job? I had plenty of friends from high school in that position.

The longer one is out of the job market, the less relevant they are. That was the primary problem with Obama's emergency welfare programs after the market crash; he kept extending it for so long the people it was meant for were effectively unhireable. Which was also dumb, seeing how there were other welfare programs that would have taken it's place naturally like actual unemployment benefits had it simply been the six months it was suppose to be.

Why do you believe these two things are mutually exclusive? Government aid is paid for by taxes, after all. Taxes in most places are absolutely insane and will probably get higher, especially as employers are responsible for a lot of the benefits, financially.

Also, when the country is also attempting to push for a type of European safety net, the people most likely caught in it would be the most important thing. Can't have a single payer health care system or something like basic income without having some handle on population.

I live in Memphis, the poorest metropolitan city in the United States. For the most part, poor people are hard working tax payers just like everyone else. The truth is blue collar jobs can't support families like they used to, this has nothing to do with people's work ethic.
*shrugs*

And I worked with Section 8 housing for a few years up in the greater NYC area. My grandparents were largely penniless refugees, etc,etc. I mean, if we want to talk about anecdotes I have plenty.

People don't work contrary to their best interests, Y2Kay Y2Kay .

The poor in the US also don't pay nearly as much in taxes. Over half the country IIRC don't pay federal tax, and states and municipal taxes depend on where in the country you live.

It's most certainly true that (some, as factory jobs out of high school don't exist anymore, but a good plumber / carpenter / handyman / electrician / especially welder are in worrying short supply) of the old blue collar jobs can't support families like they used and what's left is or in some cities has already dried up, but that's mostly because most cities in the US are dying and a lot of the people there would rather it die than move out. When that became a thing was pretty much when "Globalization" morphed into "Gentrification".

For the cities that did change from industrial to another industry and have the jobs and are reviving, you need gentrification, else you get something like Oakland. $$$ to live there, but there's literally nothing around because you've prevented any money from going into the city.

*raises hand*

Hey, over here. I have a problem with white pride. First off, what the **** is white even supposed to mean?

We gonna throw a Russian and Ukrainian in the same room together and call them the same thing now? Lump together an Irishman and a German American and say "now be uniform and proud based off your skin tone"?

It's an artificial construct, and a laughable one at that. Same thing as white guilt and black guilt and german guilt, etc.

If you're white, well, you've never felt the sting of being a minority. So how could know what it's like?
You...can't possibly believe that.

Just to put my mind to ease, define minority for me, if you will.

Note: IQ is not synonymous with accrued knowledge, it refers to one's innate intellectual capacity based on the efficiency of their brain.

Yeeaaahhh....what?

It sounds like I stepped back into the old anarchist threads I used to go to, about how all cops are ******** and the majority of the south are ******** from that logic. Or what the British were saying about the Irish until about a century ago. Or the Germans about the jews. Or the Chinese about the British. Or the Japanese about the Chinese and Americans. Or the Chinese about the Chinese. Or...well, I mean, a whole lot of bull**** people typically say for moral superiority to whatever people/tribe/country/city-state/religion/etc they don't like. Gotta make them Barbarians somehow, amirite?

First off, where are those tests being taken and where is the source?

Second off, what in the bloody hell are you even going on about?

IQ tests are worthless. You can't put it on your resume or job application, it has no correlation with projected income or putting food on the table.

What matters are accomplishments, even if it's as simple as, say, the SATs.

Take those Syrians you mentioned, take those Mexicans you mentioned, put them in the US school system and what do they do? They typically succeed.

Holy **** dude, I thought you were going on about welfare states, not whatever this is supposed to be. The fact that they succeed at the rate they do, that immigrants have historically done so (look, among other examples, at basic Italian, Irish, and Asian American history), is the entire point that the US welfare system (among other reasons, obviously) needs a complete overhaul.

Children imitate their parents. When you have stuff like mexican children to two immigrants on minimum wage and Somali refugees scoring higher on the SATs than African-Americans in the highest income bracket, that's what most people are saying the difference the current welfare system makes. When you have leaders in the african-american community actually saying it's come to the point that it's stagnated them, and why we've learned time and again through countless school systems and overseas aid that you can't just throw money at a problem to fix it. (and, in the case of some of that overseas aid, screws over the country. Hard to be an African farmer, for one example, when you have to compete with overseas food aid).

The same is also true for lowest income bracket white Americans, and dark skinned Jamaicans, Africans, and Indian immigrants for the same tests.

Not only are African-American scores on the SAT far below the scores of whites and Asian Americans, but they also trail the scores of every other major ethnic group in the United States including students of Puerto Rican and Mexican backgrounds. In fact, few people realize that American Indian and Alaska Native students on average score 118 points higher than the average score of black students. On average, Asian American students score 225 points, or 19 percent, higher than African Americans.

But there is a major flaw in the thesis that income differences explain the racial gap. Consider these observable facts from The College Board’s 2006 data on the SAT:

• Whites from families with incomes of less than $10,000 had a mean SAT score of 993. This is 130 points higher than the national mean for all blacks.

• Whites from families with incomes below $10,000 had a mean SAT test score that was 17 points higher than blacks whose families had incomes of more than $100,000.
http://www.jbhe.com/features/53_SAT.html

And before you go on some crazy tangent, the problem is and has always been cultural. Single vs two parent households, how the parents and children interact with regards to school work and work in general, etc. Put those same students in the same environment of the people getting better scores and, who'd of thunk it, they increase dramatically.

http://www.brookings.edu/research/articles/1998/03/spring-education-jencks

Now, I will contend on a single point you seem to be trying to make; there are some things that skin tone does actually state about a person or people. We're all human, but evolution does have it's quirks. A lighter skin tone makes you far more susceptible to skin cancer. Europeans digest dairy products significantly better than other groups, with Asians being the most lactose intolerant. It's been shown that some medications work better for African-Ameicans with regards to heart disease and blood pressure than people of European or Asian descent.

But absolutely none of that has to do with the mind. It's just as racist, and largely identical, to what you're asserting your opposing side is doing.

...Nor do I really understand what any of this has to do with the topic title.

Last edited:

ARISTOS

Smash Ace
What matters are accomplishments, even if it's as simple as, say, the SATs.

Take those Syrians you mentioned, take those Mexicans you mentioned, put them in the US school system and what do they do? They typically succeed.

Holy **** dude, I thought you were going on about welfare states, not whatever this is supposed to be. The fact that they succeed at the rate they do, that immigrants have historically done so (look, among other examples, at basic Italian, Irish, and Asian American history), is the entire point that the US welfare system (among other reasons, obviously) needs a complete overhaul.

Children imitate their parents. When you have stuff like mexican children to two immigrants on minimum wage and Somali refugees scoring higher on the SATs than African-Americans in the highest income bracket, that's what most people are saying the difference the current welfare system makes. When you have leaders in the african-american community actually saying it's come to the point that it's stagnated them, and why we've learned time and again through countless school systems and overseas aid that you can't just throw money at a problem to fix it. (and, in the case of some of that overseas aid, screws over the country. Hard to be an African farmer, for one example, when you have to compete with overseas food aid).

The same is also true for lowest income bracket white Americans, and dark skinned Jamaicans, Africans, and Indian immigrants for the same tests.

http://www.jbhe.com/features/53_SAT.html

And before you go on some crazy tangent, the problem is and has always been cultural. Single vs two parent households, how the parents and children interact with regards to school work and work in general, etc. Put those same students in the same environment of the people getting better scores and, who'd of thunk it, they increase dramatically.

http://www.brookings.edu/research/articles/1998/03/spring-education-jencks
Interesting topic that should probably get it's own forum topic. Be careful about using immigrant groups, as they are mixed demographics, with some being of low status while others coming from wealth and education.

Are you saying welfare has led to a stifling of a hard work ethos among African Americans? Not sure if I'd agree with that.

We should probably go back to talking about Donald Trump

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Interesting topic that should probably get it's own forum topic. Be careful about using immigrant groups, as they are mixed demographics, with some being of low status while others coming from wealth and education.
For the most part, I did; Irish, Italian, and Asian (though this term is obviously vague) immigrants, when it was happening, were comparable when talking about Civil War and Railroader eras. German immigrants, as a counter example, from that same time period typically came with more wealth and as such could move more inward to fertile midwest farmland over staying in whatever city you arrived in.

Then when I was dealing with modern day immigrants, it was mostly based off of income bracket and, in some cases, origin compared to current citizens.

Are you saying welfare has led to a stifling of a hard work ethos among African Americans? Not sure if I'd agree with that.
No, I would say that that's a not entirely accurate generalization of an incredibly complex issue, nor do I agree with "among African Americans" as much as I would "Urban", as the mass migration to cities (and said cities current decline) is a significant historical, economic, and cultural component that don't exist (generalization) with more rural African American communities. It would not be unreasonable, I would say, to assert that that migration tied the health of the community to the health of the cities themselves.

And other things would would require at least some expansion to properly explain it's significance obviously, but, as you pointed out, this is all a tangent. I'm happy to go further in depth via PM or in a separate thread if you're like, though.

Regardless, the point I was making was that the other poster's claim that some nationalities are genetically stupider is (a) false and (b) a claim as old as time.

Last edited:

Iceweasel

Smash Ace
I'm disappointed in all of you. The moment FlusteredBat started making a modicum of sense is the point when the rest of you should have realized that somehow the debate went very, very wrong

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
You...can't possibly believe that.

Just to put my mind to ease, define minority for me, if you will.
Same as the census data collected at most jobs. The one where you check a box White, Hispanic, African American, Asian/Pacific Islander, Other. If you check White, then you're not a minority. As to someone who checks that White box being subjected to the same level of racism as the other categories, by their own White constituents.... I can't think of a single instance that's been the case, but I'm open to correction. Really I think it's plain and simple. If you're White, you just don't really know what it's like to be black.

FlusteredBat

Smash Journeyman
I'm disappointed in all of you. The moment FlusteredBat started making a modicum of sense is the point when the rest of you should have realized that somehow the debate went very, very wrong
What the hell is that supposed to mean?

Whatever--It's obvious that they're rejecting my position on an emotional basis, there's no desire to comprehend anything outside of the progressive echo chamber because facts are socially uncomfortable. I'm just a convenient target for their incessant virtue signalling (as is Donald Trump).

Sensible lurkers are more important anyway. I'll take the bullets for them.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I managed to keep politics out of my family which was hard considered that I am a centrist Democrat and tend to side with the establishment while my whole family are borderline alt-right. They knew I voted for Hillary but we kept things skin deep - never really discussed it. Sure, conversations would get stale and I know they would often hold back lashing out at me. For that, I commended them. Especially since they know I am no longer Christian and my wife isn't Christian. (btw my wife just got her fifth Bible sent by my mother in the mail last week highlighting various scripture).

Well, got a call from my ol' dad today at 6 am Ohio time, 8 pm Japan time to tell me to "Go to hell, ****ing commie" and "Tomorrow I am going liberal hunting". I tried to talk to him but he hung up before I could. Apparently he was drunk according to my sister but the whole family is ashamed of me. My grandmother apparently wants to disown me....

My wife and I decided to postpone returning to America until 2024 and hope to God that Trump doesn't pull out the US military from S. Korea and Japan if they don't pay 100% (Japan pays around 70%...they also constitutionally can't have an army...something the conservative nationalist pro-imperialist pro-take-over-manchuria-again nanjing-never-happened factions trying to fix). Hopefully, we don't get nuked by N. Korea with the absence of the US military influence.

The other teachers and I were watching the news in the staff room at my school when we saw Donald Trump won. It was a mixture of gasps, mild laughter, awkward silence, and people looking at me as the only non-Japanese in the room as if it was my fault. The Japanese people took the Trump win extremely personally. They hate Trump.

Last edited:

FlusteredBat

Smash Journeyman
I managed to keep politics out of my family which was hard considered that I am a centrist Democrat and tend to side with the establishment while my whole family are borderline alt-right. They knew I voted for Hillary but we kept things skin deep - never really discussed it. Sure, conversations would get stale and I know they would often hold back lashing out at me. For that, I commended them. Especially since they know I am no longer Christian and my wife isn't Christian. (btw my wife just got her fifth Bible sent by my mother in the mail last week highlighting various scripture).

Well, got a call from my ol' dad today at 6 am Ohio time, 8 pm Japan time to tell me to "Go to hell, ****ing commie" and "Tomorrow I am going liberal hunting". I tried to talk to him but he hung up before I could. Apparently he was drunk according to my sister but the whole family is ashamed of me. My grandmother apparently wants to disown me....

My wife and I decided to postpone returning to America until 2024 and hope to God that Trump doesn't pull out the US military from S. Korea and Japan if they don't pay 100% (Japan pays around 70%...they also constitutionally can't have an army...something the conservative nationalist pro-imperialist pro-take-over-manchuria-again nanjing-never-happened factions trying to fix). Hopefully, we don't get nuked by N. Korea with the absence of the US military influence.

The other teachers and I were watching the news in the staff room at my school when we saw Donald Trump won. It was a mixture of gasps, mild laughter, awkward silence, and people looking at me as the only non-Japanese in the room as if it was my fault. The Japanese people took the Trump win extremely personally. They hate Trump.
Anyone who voted for Hillary gets no sympathy from me :4myfriends:

Seriously, do you really think the US could even afford to keep funding its military along Obama's catastrophic trajectory? That psycho witch Hillary was poised to permanently cripple any semblance of prosperity for her own personal gain. Get your hands out of other people's pockets and recognize that the world is not entitled to the goddamn slave labour of US taxpayers. Take some freaking responsibility.

Last edited:

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team

Woah nice to see you Venus, been a long time. We miss you!

Dude, wtf with your dad tho, or your family in general. Trump won, why would they get all gangster on you now if it'd been calm up to this point? It's like kicking someone when they're down? I dunno, drunk tho, I guess that's an excuse though to me it doesn't excuse the way he treated you. I think politics should never come between family that's so inane. I mean they're your family forever, at most Trump can serve 2 terms.

Anyway, good to hear from you ^w^

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
My mind is struggling right now. I've seen Trump as being an arrogant and hot tempered person, and that just doesn't feel like president material. And then there's Hillary and her private e-mail ordeal.

However, my biggest concern is not just the US's future, but also the future of the countries that are being affected by climate change right now, along with the wildlife that's being threatened by habitat destruction for the selfish gain of humans.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Anyone who voted for Hillary gets no sympathy from me :4myfriends:

Seriously, do you really think the US could even afford to keep funding its military along Obama's catastrophic trajectory? That psycho witch Hillary was poised to permanently cripple any semblance of prosperity for her own personal gain. Get your hands out of other people's pockets and recognize that the world is not entitled to the goddamn slave labour of US taxpayers. Take some freaking responsibility.
I pay both Japanese and US taxes and even though there's sometimes stories of american soldiers ******/killing locals, I appreciate them being stationed here to serve as a threat to N. Korea. Japan's Constituion, which was drafted by the Americans, states Japan cannot have an army. The only people wanting to change this amendment are the right wing nationalist who believe they have the right to govern China and Korea. The kind who seem foreigners in Japan like me as an eyesore and a problem. Trump knows very little about global policy and judging from the friends and people I have made around the world and the connections I have, America is the global laughing stock just like how the U.K. was during Brexit.

Oh but I forgot. American first, the world last, right? That's the new way of thinking in America. At least I feel happy that an overwhelming amount of expats like me chose to vote Democrat. As we always have. And will always do.

Woah nice to see you Venus, been a long time. We miss you!

Dude, wtf with your dad tho, or your family in general. Trump won, why would they get all gangster on you now if it'd been calm up to this point? It's like kicking someone when they're down? I dunno, drunk tho, I guess that's an excuse though to me it doesn't excuse the way he treated you. I think politics should never come between family that's so inane. I mean they're your family forever, at most Trump can serve 2 terms.

Anyway, good to hear from you ^w^
Yeah, I've been pretty busy changing jobs, moving, and helping my in laws out. There house was severely damage done in the Kumamoto earthquakes so We've been going to help out periodically. I've been struggling about making a post about being the only democrat in a 20+ member family who are either alt-right or close to alt-right. My dad apparently wants to see dismantlement of the liberal news media and see Fox News elevated as the official State news. I told him that's censorship and toltarian and he said that's progress.

Well, hopefully undeserving Republicans don't get their way again and manage to impeach President Obama months before he leaves. That would be good. And then we just get four years of Trump. Hell, I would have taken Rubio, Paul, Kasich, or even Cruz over this hyperbole entertainer.

Last edited:

Dan

Smash Lord
The election was so comparable to the final Direct.

FlusteredBat

Smash Journeyman
I pay both Japanese and US taxes and even though there's sometimes stories of american soldiers ******/killing locals, I appreciate them being stationed here to serve as a threat to N. Korea. Japan's Constituion, which was drafted by the Americans, states Japan cannot have an army. The only people wanting to change this amendment are the right wing nationalist who believe they have the right to govern China and Korea. The kind who seem foreigners in Japan like me as an eyesore and a problem. Trump knows very little about global policy and judging from the friends and people I have made around the world and the connections I have, America is the global laughing stock just like how the U.K. was during Brexit.

Oh but I forgot. American first, the world last, right? That's the new way of thinking in America. At least I feel happy that an overwhelming amount of expats like me chose to vote Democrat. As we always have. And will always do.
Does that have anything to do with my contention? Nope. Progressives never shut-up about guilt and reparations, though it's only ever applied to whites because they're the ones most likely to cough up free stuff. "Give me a break" as Trump would say.

You're not truly welcome in Japan because their mentality is "Japan first"!! They are staunch nationalists just like every other non-western country on the planet.

It's pathetic that you would be concerned about escalating global conflict yet vote for Hillary who openly wished to start war with Russia.

I encourage you to abandon that self-destructive, cowardly, sentimental, mainstream mindset--learn how to think critically. Reclaim your balls as Trump has invited you to do so.

Last edited:

wiiztec

Smash Journeyman
NNID
wiiztec

This election you really needed to pay more attention than usual in order to make an informed decision, for instance I'm sure you had no Idea that you voted for a blood ritual occultist with ties to child sex trafficking rings https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9itWsqzFMVo

FallenHero

Smash Ace
As someone who never liked Trump or Hillary (I'm not happy Trump won, just happy Hillary DIDN'T win) I am not really sure how to feel about the result of this election. Right now I am less frustrated with the fact we ended up with two of the worst possible candidates, but more that right now the US is easily the most divided it has ever been in a long time (it is even very evident in this thread alone). No matter who you voted for you probably had your reasons, and even though I would probably disagree with a lot of them, I think that we shouldn't look at others as bad people just for differing opinions. Anyways most people consider themselves to be "the good guys" when there really is no black and white, especially in politics.

Also, I don't really think there is that much to worry about even though Trump is now president. He says he will kick out Mexicans and Muslims, and build a wall at the Mexican border, but Trump certainly doesn't have enough money to do it himself and Congress will never allow him to use the Country's money for that. Even if Trump brings someone he chooses into congress, they won't be able to influence the entire congress alone. The system of checks and balances used here in the US will prevent Trump from doing a lot of the extreme things he wants to do with foreign policy and immigration.

wiiztec

Smash Journeyman
NNID
wiiztec
Kicking out "mexicans" (actually illegal immigrants) was a stance to be negotiated down from. His current position is deporting the ones who are criminals for more than just their immigration status and figuring out what to do with the others later (basically saying they won't be deported without admitting it) And he never said he would kick out muslims, his initial stance was temporarily banning all new muslim immigration which was negotiated down to temporarily banning all immigration from countries with a radical Islamic terrorism problem

Iceweasel

Smash Ace
My feelings are very mixed. On one hand, Hooray! Hillary lost! On the other, Oh ****. Trump won.

All I can say about this election now is what I've said for about a year, something that everyone except the most hardcore partisans can agree with: No matter who won the election, America lost.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Man, **** Donald Trump.

I guarantee that America will go downhill once he becomes president in January. It's no surprise Hillary Clinton lost the election but I will say that she was the only hope that undocumented immigrants have at staying in this country but with that racist ******* now elected president, their days here have been numbered. Other than that, despite the fact that I'm a supporter of the Democratic Party, I've had a difficult time trusting her especially with this whole private email **** that's been plaguing her and her campaign.

Overall, I really don't like Trump and I never believed anything Clinton has said during her campaign, hence why I didn't vote for neither one of them. Had Bernie Sanders been the one running for president instead of Clinton, he definitely would've gotten my vote.

Last edited:
Top Bottom