• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dolphin Lag

SmashfanXD

Smash Cadet
I wasn't sure what thread to post this in, so sorry if I'm in the the wrong one. I was just trying out Dolphin for the first time, and when I start a match in Melee, the game and audio lags. I've tried many solutions with no success. I'm using the current 4.02 version of Dolphin, what should I do to fix the lag?

Last edited:

Team Plasma N

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3952-8297-3456
What are your computer's specs? If your computer isn't powerful enough then it might be your hardware.

Cho

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0018-2392-8423
Just googled it real quick: apparently downloading those 2 .dll files should already do the trick. Look it up for yourself - finding some download links shouldn't be that hard :)

SmashfanXD

Smash Cadet
Just googled it real quick: apparently downloading those 2 .dll files should already do the trick. Look it up for yourself - finding some download links shouldn't be that hard :)
So, I downloaded the files I needed and the audio in Melee was high pitched and distorted...

EDIT: I fixed the high pitched problem, but I'm still experiencing lag and distorted audio.

Last edited:

Cho

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0018-2392-8423
I'm afraid this is where I'm running out of ideas. It seems to me that your computer might not be strong enough - could that be the case? ( This FAQ here explains it better than I ever could: https://www.smashladder.com/guides/view/2584/dolphin-faq )

Taken from Smashladders Desync Guide this quote might be of some value: (but I'm just guessing here, sorry)
***Skip EFB Access From CPU in Graphics > Hacks is not on***

Under Graphics > Hacks, make sure the top 3 checkboxes are checked. This includes: Skip EFB Access from CPU; Ignore Format Changes; and Store EFB Copies to Texture Only/

Good luck figuring it out- don't give up! Alot of people struggle to get it running for the first time.

Top Bottom