• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dolphin 4.0-7840 - Controller Issues (Wii U Adapter)

Rory

Smash Rookie
Hey, guys. I've been a lurker on the forums for a while and I have recently started to come across an issue while playing friends locally on my Dolphin Emulator. I have a pretty decent laptop that can run Melee in higher resolution through dolphin, so my setup is pretty popular because it is easily moveable and looks nicer than GC + CRT setup. The problem I'm coming across is that some controllers seem to have an issue where the L/R triggers tend to get stuck and continuously input a button press, so sometimes people get stuck in light shield and are forced to roll or spot dodge until they do a full digital click of one or both triggers to reset. I'm using a Wii U adapter, and I own 2 controllers that seem to have this problem when playing through dolphin but when I play through a Gamecube or Homebrew Wii this problem does not arise. Granted I also have another controller I use in Dolphin that never has this issue.

I believe it is a combination of the Dolphin controller settings and the controller itself. Maybe with the Wii U adapter the button presses are much more sensitive and the triggers on the controllers have a tendency to stick anyway (Smash logo controllers) from what I've heard. Is there anyone who can assist me in fixing this issue? I also notice that it only affects players on ports P2-P4, so is it likely that I just need a new Wii U adapter?

Thanks for the help in advance.
- Rory

Top Bottom