• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dolls-->Torphies--> ?

Croco

Smash Lord
SSB64- Dolls
SSBM- Trophies
SSBB- ?

So what is next?
Do you think it will change again?
I am guessing action figures or some sort of card game.

The action figures or cards could work with a shop.. just as Starmanclock's idea mentioned in his thread- LINK

This of course concerns the new game's fmv intro, 3d model gallery, and if character in-game intros are brought back. (Cards are thrown down and the characters pop up out of them from wireframe to the fully textured model.)

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
im pretty sure a thread about this has already been made...
i think that the characters from brawl will be the real thing. after all, this is supposedly the last SSB game sakurai is going to make

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
trophies again I hope, I've spent tons of time looking through trophies and reading the descriptions. Or ya know, costumes would be a cool thing to win this time

KidHellion

Smash Apprentice
I never was confortable with the whole trophy/doll thing, hoenstly. I think that it's "for real" this time, what with Snake being "invited" and such. Not canon, mind you, but the characters don't appear to be any kind of effigy. If I had to pick a medium, I'd go with cards. It just seems natural. Hell, if there was a real TCG for Smash Bros, I'd buy some.

Croco

Smash Lord
Try searching next time. Many topics exist already.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=74857
That's completely different then what this thread is actually about.
This is about what would be next after the trophy statues which where used in Melee.
It's not even really just about unlocking trophies..
It's more about the intro "story" and if Nintendo will change it again.

Tsukuyomi

Smash Journeyman
Well, it would be somewhat nice if you were to place this in the Brawl Discussion Forum instead of the Brawl Character Discussion Forum...

Though, I am a big sucker for card games... In-game TCG would somewhat be weird but I somewhat oddly think it would work in a way...

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
maybe they should have short videos of things that feature what they are like, like in F-Zero GX with the unlockable character videos. they could feature what the characters or objects are capable of.

spjd

Smash Apprentice
I hope it's something as detailed as the trophies, because I love to just look through all the details.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
It would have to be some kind of collector's item so... what about coins? When you select the coin, a 3-D image of the character/object comes out, and on the back is the information that the trophies would have. On the screen you'd be able to see both sides at once, and when you press a button, the 3-D images makes a little action, taunt, or something like that. They'd be bigger than normal coins, but I suppose using coins to get a coin would seem weird. Maybe they could change it to Smash dollars, tokens, chips, something.

Though I'm still all for the "real-people" idea.

Destruction_King

Smash Ace
Trophies still work for me. They're 3D and spectacularly detailed without moving so you can view them at your liesure without having to act around the character's actual movements. Plus, trophies give you that vague collector's feeling, perfect for anyone on a Pokemon withdrawal.

spjd

Smash Apprentice
It could be like a model of the character, maybe the real character standing idle, and then you could choose the different attacks from a list, and see the character perform them. And you could also be able to pause it anytime..
Well, it's a rather odd idea, I know...

Top Bottom