• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Doing arials while floating

Siglemic

Smash Journeyman
I want to use the C stick of course. But how am I supposed to do it? The method I've been using for the last couple of weeks has been using the palm of my hand (near my thumb) to hit the c stick while holding Y, but is there a more practical way? As much as I love peach, I'm not going claw for her.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
What I do is this

jump with y, float

use A for aerials and control stick+A for directional aerials.

i press Y with the top part of my thumb and A with the middle

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
What I do is this

jump with y, float

use A for aerials and control stick+A for directional aerials.

i press Y with the top part of my thumb and A with the middle
This is exactly what I do. The bad part about it is that you can't go straight backwards/fowards while doing a fair/bair (as far as i know). I like it better than the claw, because I actually R-Cancel insteal of L-Cancel. So if I want to like float into a dropped R-cancelled fair, I can just use my thumb to press y/a, and my left thumb for the control stick. When I drop the float and fair, I can easily press R when I land with my right index finger. If I used the claw, I would have to shift my right index finger from Y to R, which takes a long time, or use like my ring/middle finger, which is kinda hard to do

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Well in those cases i use the c stick with my thumb

It's uncomfortable but I can do it.

Cia

das kwl
I use Z for my aerials. It's pretty convenient because my while my index finger triggers the aerial, my thumb is right on the C-stick for a seamless transition.

My Bair > Dsmashes are pretty much always frame perfect :)

Siglemic

Smash Journeyman
That's odd, I thought there would be more C-Stick users around here. It seems to be working well for me, but it's impossible to do uair or dair with the palm of my hand while holding Y (at least to me) so I just use A for it. Works well for bicycle -> float canceled down smash

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
I have large hands, so what I do is actually hold X with my middle finger and daintily flick the C-stick with my thumb. I'm flipping myself off the entire time.

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
I use 'the claw' and I usually flip the c-stick with my thumb. However, during the course of the match, my grip may shift a little and I may use my index finger sporadically. I generally use my index to press the a button, though.

The-Guy

Smash Cadet
Press Y with the top of your thumb, and A with the center or base of your thumb. E-Z P-Z

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Yeah, Y w/ A is gg. Using the c-stick while floating would be impossible xD

Top Bottom