• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does wavedashing immediately make you a pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
Just curious. I doubt it, but I just wanted to know.
Putting on the accoutrements does not a pro make. If you put on boxing gloves, you're certainly not ready to become a boxer, since you have no guarantee of experience or skills. Meeting the requirements (knowing what you can do) means nothing when compared to having the experience (knowing what you SHOULD do). As you get more experience, you should learn when and how you should use wavedashing.

Since other threads have asked: Being "Pro" means you have proved yourself in tournaments of high enough calibur. To do this, you NEED tech skill + the experience on how to apply it. Both are essential, and neither is sufficient in of itself. Really, spacing is the most important smash skill, in that it refers to the experience of where and how you should be, and the technicality to do it as you should.

Evil E.

Smash Ace
NNID
Elmoyounasty
ALL of you are newbies becuz its 5 consecutive wavedashes.. duh!

Repryx

Smash Champion
Does Everyone think they are Pro now??? Wasnt there another thread on this???
Go read the other guys thread.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Wavedashing makes you capable of wavedashing, nothing more. I don't really think doing 'maneuver X' makes you a pro either. You just need a certain level skill altogether.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
i went to smash camp and i got hit by a wavedash and i and i woke up 3 days later

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom