• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does the game feel balance?

nb4real

Smash Rookie
I feel like when i'm facing a bigger character, it's beyond unfair. You have to play the perfect game or they will send you out at like 100. I"m playing falco against browsers. I have to get him to 200 just to smash him where he is getting me at 100. I think it' sso silly now pepole are getting to 250 with ease.

IT's so frustrating playing someone smashing the hell out of them and they won't die.

I don't think it makes sense when people don't want to use a character becuse they can't smash when the game is called smash bros.

Is anyone else going thru this?

LouisLeGros

Smash Journeyman
For casual play I feel like it is fairly balanced.

For competitive play there are a lot of characters that have huge advantages over a majority of the cast.

rockmace

Smash Apprentice
well, unfortunatedly melee got most people thinking wrong, that powerful characters can be light and have awesome killing moves. (marth, fox, sheik, peach)

As far as I can recall, a big characters alwas has had more defense, and more power, with limited exceptions, like zangief and akuma in SSF2.

otherwise, is pretty balanced, since my bro already found a way to overcome the nerfs of his peach.
He got wrongly used to the unstoppable bulletproof tank that peach was in melee, with my bowser having the same power in the tackle but half the speed and colision boxes.

Now, in brawl, whenever he tries frontal colisions like that he obviously has to get punished, taking more damage or even not hitting at all, of course peach shouldnt be the powerful thing she was. But, my bro found that she still has her speed, and abilities, so all he does, is "fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee" a hit and run technique, this levels up a lot the play, so I'd say is pretty balanced-

plato2

Smash Rookie
It Is Balanced but in a diff way

Brawl is a lot more based on character matchups then melee. Its hard for one character to dominate all the others everyone has a weakness. If you get pwned with falco try switching to a more ranged/def char or go with a big one like the other person, but this game is very balanced but that doesnt mean there isnt broken moves.

MorpheusVGX

Smash Journeyman
The thing here is that heavy characters can now compete against light ones.
The "I am strong AND speedy" thing is not here anymore. And I am glad for that.
You should consider that speedy characters can get items more easily, and can avoid hazards, pokemons and final smashes easier too. So to balance that, heavy characters needs to be powerful and tough to kill. This balance is better seen in the Core Smash ( a match with items and final smashes ). In a 1 vs 1 no items, I think heavy characters have the upper hand in this game. But maybe, speed can be used to overcome that somehow.

6footninja

Smash Ace
Its not that hard, im ridiculously defined as a "casual", but I can still beat big guys like Bowser or DK fairly easy. Even when im using a light character like Falco or Sonic.

Riolu

Smash Apprentice
Really now? I have no problems sending a Bowser or DK off the screen with someone like Kirby or Lucas. It's easy.

Kuroneko

Smash Apprentice
After playing it, it certainly feels the best characters are way better than the worst characters. In melee they were closer together compared to Brawl.

demonpanther

Smash Cadet
Really now, it seems like you people have never fought a decent large character. The game is way more balanced. And it would make since for a big character to be durable or else there would be no point in playing one.

Rash

Smash Ace
Oh yeah, without a doubt. The balance in this game is astounding. I'll probably end up liking Brawl more than Melee on that basis alone. Not only are all characters relatively fun to play now, but it also never feels like one character has a serious disadvantage against the other. Kudos to Nintendo, Sora, and Game Arts for putting together such a well-balanced, complete package.

ph15h

Smash Cadet
The game feels balanced (Save for Ike...) Everybody can fight equally if they are at the same skill level. Although DDD is like a god if used inexperienced more than used experienced (a noob used his UpB like the whole game and managed to KO everyone playing... Yet people that used all his skills couldn't get a hit on Kirby.)

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
The game feels balanced (Save for Ike...)
ya im getting the feeling ikes a little too good also

but anyways big characters i think are better in a 4 person game because theres less room to dodge and you can just sit back and pummel dudes but in a 1v1 i think a quick character should have no problem using some hit n run until eventually you can ko em.

Senshuu

Smash Journeyman
I'm sad Ike seems to be unbalanced, because I really like him. Figures that I'd like the unbalanced character!

But anyway, it does seem more like characters can stand a chance against each other now--any of them, depending on how they're handled! For example, Lucas beat the living snot out of me the other day--Ike and Snake and whoever else I was playing 'til I used Lucas, too. :B And then he still won, but not by such a huge margin...
It was amazing.

I also find it very easy to KO large characters with small characters this time around. Like, very. Many heavy characters like Dedede and even Bowser can be sent flying at 90-120% if you do the right thing (well-timed up-smashes yaaahahh!).

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
balance exists in brawl, it has a sort of rock paper sizors thing going as to who is good against who. its very balanced, and that is why I like it WAY more than melee. I havnt even gotten started on the other many many features it got that melee didnt...

Top Bottom