• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does the Dog know the Duck is on his back?

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Sure he is supposedly looking at him in his artwork, But does he know this duck is about to hop on his back?

During his recovery the dog looks very confused and during his hand-stand taunt the dog almost notices him, But during gameplay he NEVER looks at him or even gets phased by the duck.

Maybe they really are still enemies.

Doomie

Smash Cadet
NNID
curyoschriz
3DS FC
1306-7597-1662
ye, one of his moves is that he chucks em at the other brawlers

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Were they ever really enemies? I mean, maybe its more like a Tom and Jerry relationship, the cat's supposed to hunt the mouse but they work together for the greater good.

I feel like Sakurai just really wanted to put Banjo&Kazooie in and found the closest thing he could.

Last edited:

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
ye, one of his moves is that he chucks em at the other brawlers
What move is that? I've never seen that.
Up Special: Duck carries him.
Side Special: Clay Shooting.
Neutral Special: Can.
Down Special: Wild Gunman

Up Smash: Get Shot.
Side Smash: Get Shot.
Down Smash: Get Shot.

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
He turns to let the Duck attack in his jab combo. Pretty sure he's fully aware of it.

Booster

Smash Lord
What move is that? I've never seen that.
Up Special: Duck carries him.
Side Special: Clay Shooting.
Neutral Special: Can.
Down Special: Wild Gunman

Up Smash: Get Shot.
Side Smash: Get Shot.
Down Smash: Get Shot.
People DID want to shoot the Dog, now they can and there's shrapnel to affect the other fighters! Some people would even go as far as to ROM Hack the game to where you can shoot him and he explodes in a Bloodsplosion.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
People DID want to shoot the Dog, now they can and there's shrapnel to affect the other fighters! Some people would even go as far as to ROM Hack the game to where you can shoot him and he explodes in a Bloodsplosion.
Well that's off topic.

He turns to let the Duck attack in his jab combo. Pretty sure he's fully aware of it.
He was probably planning on using a fart attack.

But i would have to see the attack first to know if it isn't a coincidence.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Were they ever really enemies? I mean, maybe its more like a Tom and Jerry relationship, the cat's supposed to hunt the mouse but they work together for the greater good.

I feel like Sakurai just really wanted to put Banjo&Kazooie in and found the closest thing he could.
You are even more awesome just for that Tom & Jerry reference. So many childhood memories watching those old cartoons with my late father.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
I noticed this apart of his hand-stand taunt that the only time he gets a look at the Duck he is surprised but then forgets about it.

The duck does the same, Gets gives the dog a mean look right when he notices him for some reason.

Last edited:

TheRealLegit StevenSeagal

Smash Apprentice
I noticed this apart of his hand-stand taunt that the only time he gets a look at the Duck he is surprised but then forgets about it.

The duck does the same, Gets gives the dog a mean look right when he notices him for some reason.

Ha he does look really pissed off, might just be cause The dog is goofing around though. I like the dynamic of the duck being serious and the dog being a bit goofy.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Ha he does look really pissed off, might just be cause The dog is goofing around though. I like the dynamic of the duck being serious and the dog being a bit goofy.
Your probably right, The duck actually quacks at him and quickly nods "No".
Also:

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium

The look the Duck's giving reminds me so much of Kazooie. Wonder if these two have the same type of relationship Banjo and Kazooie have? :p

Luigi580

Smash Apprentice
You know, now that I think about it, the Duck Hunt duo certainly do seem to be like how Banjo & Kazooie act with each other.
I betcha Sakurai was upset that he couldn't fulfill the hopes of Banjo & Kazooie being in Smash (and it was said that in an interview after Smash 64 that Sakurai did want them in... then Microsoft happened), so Duck Hunt was put in because 1. they're memorable old characters that nearly everyone knows and 2. they were the closest we could possibly get to Banjo & Kazooie without them actually being Banjo & Kazooie.
I mean, the duck is always on the dog's back, helping him fly, giving a few pecks to his foes, and even seems to act more serious than him. How many more comparisons could you make???
And let's not forget the Brown Dog, Red Duck skins they have.

Last edited:

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
The dog turned traitor, aligning not only with the ducks but other enemies from lightgun games. His smash attacks are dodging the hunter's attempts to get back at him for his treachery.

So basically they're Donald & Goofy?

Last edited:

Luigi580

Smash Apprentice
The dog turned traitor, aligning not only with the ducks but other enemies from lightgun games. His smash attacks are dodging the hunter's attempts to get back at him for his treachery.
Admittedly, the shooter's aim is pretty horrible to miss a still target so many times.:shiro:

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks

Someone should totally make a Tom and Jerry style comic with the dog and the duck.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
From the animations it seems to be that the Duck is the Brains and the Dog is the Brawn. Pretty cute personalities :)

Top Bottom