• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does Project M screw up the Brawl save at all?

Spellbinder

Smash Rookie
I just want to check before I go about setting it up. When I take the SD card out with project M on it, will Brawl go back to normal?

Last edited:

Bellioes

Smash Lord
Didnt want to create a completely new thread for this and the question is slightly related to OP so yeah.

Is it just me or the PM replay saves dont work. I tried saving a couple matches ( 3-5min long on average) but the problem happened when I went back to watch them in the replays menu. The characters play normally for maybe 5-10 seconds and then something weird happens and they all just kill themselves. I tried saving shorter matches and still got the same result.

Anyone know whats happening?

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Didnt want to create a completely new thread for this and the question is slightly related to OP so yeah.

Is it just me or the PM replay saves dont work. I tried saving a couple matches ( 3-5min long on average) but the problem happened when I went back to watch them in the replays menu. The characters play normally for maybe 5-10 seconds and then something weird happens and they all just kill themselves. I tried saving shorter matches and still got the same result.

They certainly don't work. I'm not aware of the technicalities, but they aren't accurate. At all.

You could get the Wi-Fi safe version of the game, which does have working replays.

Last edited:

Bellioes

Smash Lord
Oh ok, that makes sense. I have the USB version of the game without brawl disc lol

Thanks for the info. Guess ill have to find another way to record..

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof

Project M Site said:
The Full Codeset takes advantage of all that Project M has to offer. However, for WiFi and replays to function properly, the WiFi-Safe set must be used. The WiFi-Safe set does not differentiate between L/R lightpress and full press or have C-stick buffering, nor does it have Stock Control or Stage Strike. The PMBR recommends you play with the Full Codeset unless you're specifically using WiFi/Replays. You may switch between these two builds simply by replacing RSBE01.gct, the menu2 folder, and the system folder.

Bellioes

Smash Lord
So if I understand correctly, even without the disc, I can set-up and use the wifi-safe version to save replays?

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
So if I understand correctly, even without the disc, I can set-up and use the wifi-safe version to save replays?
Yep! Just on Project M's website download the Wi-Fi safe Homewbrew Set, and replace the files on your SD card. I use a USB Loader too, and it works fine. But keep it quiet about USB Loaders, we're not really supposed to talk about them.

Top Bottom