• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does Lucas benefit a lot from wavedashing and L-canceling?

Danbo99

Smash Rookie
NNID
danbo6464
Im new to PM and i main lucas and i want to know if he benifits a lot from wavedashing and l canceling and which attacks should i use with these techniques?

CORY

wut
BRoomer
everyone benefits from lcancelling.

everyone.

use it with every aerial, unless a lucas main knows when you can autocancel stuff.

don't worry about wave dashing until later. you'll need it to jump cancel magnet for effective followups, but it's more important to learn the aggregate of SHFFL and basic character control first. if you can't utilt consistently when you want (as opposed to accidentally usmashing or jumping), you don't need to worry about wavedashing.

Danbo99

Smash Rookie
NNID
danbo6464
everyone benefits from lcancelling.

everyone.

use it with every aerial, unless a lucas main knows when you can autocancel stuff.

don't worry about wave dashing until later. you'll need it to jump cancel magnet for effective followups, but it's more important to learn the aggregate of SHFFL and basic character control first. if you can't utilt consistently when you want (as opposed to accidentally usmashing or jumping), you don't need to worry about wavedashing.
Thanks!

ChiePet

*~About That BASS.~*
NNID
ChiePet
Lucas has iirc the 3rd best wave dash in the game, and L-cancel combined with DJ Cancel makes him a very fast very scary touch-and-die character on the ground. I'd say they're both preeetty important to him. Double Jump Cancelling and Rising Aerials as well. All just muscle memory; rinse and repeat

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
I'm pretty much reiterating here, but dammit. I like to reiterate.

If you're trying to reach 20XX Lucas Nirvana, I would personally practice DJCs initially. They are crucial to Lucas's combo game, and if you can't throw at those DJC Aerials you won't get far from a technical standpoint. DJCs can be hard to get used to, and you're going to want to learn and memorize the timing for each aerial. It's also worth mentioning that you can DJC your PK Freeze to put it at ground level without having the end lag of a grounded PKF. Once you have DJCs down, you'll be able to combo with fairly solid success. That's when I would practice L-Cancelling normal aerials. And once you have timing down there, incorporate it to the end of your DJC's.
All you have to do from there is learn how to string those moves together for maximum pwnage.

Lucas's wavedash is gahlike. You can slide in and out very easily with good distance. It's spacing, it's pressure, it's gahlike.

That might be a lot to take in, aha. I tend to throw it all out there even though you're probably looking for a much more simple answer. Feel free to PM me if you want, I don't play much anymore but I know the technical ins and outs of Little Boy Luke and I'd be happy to answer any more questions.

Top Bottom