• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does it Insult You When People Play Brawl Horribly?

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
It only insults me when they're complete pansies about it.

I get challenged a lot when I'm in college, in both offline and online, and I usually win. I usually get that oddball who whines about losing and there was one in particular that told me that I "killed his competitive spirit".

Playing brawl horribly in general doesn't affect me much. People have to start somewhere.

kupo15

Smash Hero
No, What insults me is when an opponent who knows nothing about the game is a challenge or is close to beating me because of how effective camping is and how simple the game has become for anyone to do relatively well. Then they think they are at the same level as you.

brinboy789

Smash Champion
i dont feel insult. i just feel like "ok this kid thinks hes good whatever" i dont say anything to him and even if i play someone i usually dont taunt unless its funny or i know the person. and if i play someone who plays like **** at a smash tourney, tourney or friendlys, i still shake thier hand and say good game because you respect your opponents and you learn from them even if they suck. so no, i dont get insulted.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Not so much insulted as I am annoyed. I told my friend, who is a Captain Falcon main, to use his Forward Air for bosses, and he was like, "What's a Forward Air?" I had to say "The Knee." Then I had to explains all about how it sweetspots and does bigtime damage, this, that, and the other thing. It just bugs the crap out of me to have to explain simple things like that.

kupo15

Smash Hero
yea, i guess I get more annoyed than insulted. I get really angry when they say, "Wavedashing is not needed" or they laugh when I talk about missing an L cancel or saying I dont use yoshi because his strategy relies on the Double jump cancel. Ignorance annoys me...

Archmage_flash

Smash Rookie
No, What insults me is when an opponent who knows nothing about the game is a challenge or is close to beating me because of how effective camping is and how simple the game has become for anyone to do relatively well. Then they think they are at the same level as you.
You took the words out of my mouth.

Projectile spam is too hard to dodge when there is a quarter second lag online. Offline I can usally dodge spam easily.

Uffe

Smash Hero
LOL! Most Kirbys that attempt Kirbycide get footstooled to their death as the person breaks out of swallow.
QFT.

Just a few days back I got whooped by someone who doesn't main Ness. Could you tell I was pissed? I main Ness night and day and suddenly lost to this guy! Of course I can see why this happened. I was playing stupid... And online. :laugh: But in all seriousness I know why I lost to this guy and if I come across his Ness again I'll make sure I win.

Col. Stauffenberg

Smash Lord
If being a challenge and coming close to beating you doesn't mean they're at or near your level, what does?

Karptroopa

Smash Apprentice
Insult me? It depends. If you're a beginner, and you want to learn, then of course it doesn't! Very few people are extremely good on their first try.

If you're a beginner, and you don't really want to improve, that's okay too. (Unless you're in a tourney.) (Unless that's a tourney for beginners.) A game is just that, a game. Meant for fun. Though, if you want to play with other people, you'd better improve if you actually want to have some brawlin' fun

However, if you're just bragging about your non-existent moves, and you spam A LOT, then... I'm still not insulted. However, I do feel annoyed, and the urge to just beat your character to 4th place.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
If there New It's cool...but if they been playing the Game for like a month and there's no improvement what so ever....I will hit them with a Kamehameha Beam for insulting a Smash God such as Myself with there lack of Skill....X-[

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Yes, it does insult me if people don't play Brawl well.
I am very insulted because your not good at this game! >=(
STOP SUCKING! Your insulting me!!!!
Put aside the rest of your life to play Brawl and get good at it RIGHT NOW!
Idc if your good at other things, you have to be good at Brawl!

championj

Smash Rookie
I hate it when you play against people who have played brawl for a few months and they still do cheap *** moves. I also hate it when they consider a combo spamming a move like wolf/fox/falco's "b" and then using their side smash as soon as you try to go in to hit them. It pisses me off. Then they rub it in your face saying that you suck and that you have no skill.

GofG

Smash Champion
I hate it when you play against people who have played brawl for a few months and they still do cheap *** moves. I also hate it when they consider a combo spamming a move like wolf/fox/falco's "b" and then using their side smash as soon as you try to go in to hit them. It pisses me off. Then they rub it in your face saying that you suck and that you have no skill.
You are a scrub. You should read this: http://www.sirlin.net/ptw/intermediates-guide/introducing-the-scrub/

championj

Smash Rookie

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
Brawl is a fun game. TOURNAMENTS ARE FOR THE BETTER PLAYERS...On line play is for fun and for everyone. Even in tournaments, there is a curve or tier for players of various levels!

It is unfair to be judgmental . Be generous of heart and spirit : allow all players an equal opportunity to play, to learn, to improve their game.

Come on PEOPLE... treat others the way that you want to be treated.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
on the note of spam it is annoying when someone thinks they are good cause they can do a freebie move like spaming Marths DB, Pits AR, Pika Dsmash/Thunder, G&W mindless Bair, MK whorenado............ even if your beating their spam they still think their that good, especially online where lag/latency adds to it. you can't deny that makes you mad, or at least annoyed.

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
I find it so funny that 90% of the people here whining about people being bad at the game are, in reality, probably really horrible themselves and would get three stocked by anyone who could play.

RDK

Smash Hero
I phrased my last post kinda weird. What I meant to say is that I hate when people constantly do those two moves over and over again without doing any other move. I am not a scrub despite what you may think. You have never played me and you have no clue who I am so you have no right to judge what kind of person I am.
But you are being a scrub. Those people are just playing to win, no matter how "cheap" they may seem. That's what you do in a competitive setting. You do anything it takes to win.

Doing anything less is just limiting yourself (IE, you're a "scrub").

I don't like the definition the author gave when I read this on Pojo.

I like Yuna's definition better, "A player who claims they are good, but in reality completely suck." or something like that.
There's more than one definition. It really depends on the situation.

Kaabi

Smash Cadet
If they have not played it much, of course not. Everyone starts from somewhere.
It insults when they think they are better because they spam a certain move (notably when using G&W or Pikachu)

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
I get mad when I try to teach them... because they never seem to really understand what I am trying to say, and even when I show them they still don't understand. Its very frustrating...

JCMR-Brawler64

Smash Apprentice
If they have not played it much, of course not. Everyone starts from somewhere.
It insults when they think they are better because they spam a certain move (notably when using G&W or Pikachu)
:mad: Same here, this happens in Team Battles with Pikachu in Wi-Fi...

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Well, to be honest, it all depends on the attitude of the person playing. If they play and think that they are the shiz with CF while they are playing very, very badly, I find it insulting. If they have just started and they don't have that attitude, then it's cool.

If there is a kid at the local Gamestop doing crappy with that attitude, I just play against them to show them how to do it right by winning quite easily.

Dream Chaser

Smash Journeyman
No, being good or bad at something is a comparison. Someone has to be bad at it for someone else to be considered good at it.

People claiming to be good (that aren't) need to be beaten. Theres no need to worry about young kids though

arm

Smash Apprentice
Well, Im only offended when therye bad, and win. For example, the PIkachu spammer. In a with anyone match, there are usually 4 people, which means your attention id divede among 4 people. So, as the match goes on, the skilled players tend to rack up damage, with the occasional thunder thrown in. But, when everyones damage is High, that spamming pikachu becomes a problem. So, everyone tries to take him out, but, in doing so, they attack eachother and allow pikachu to pull off that thunder, sending everyone flying to their death. And tha, above all other spammers, make me rage.

tropewhat

Smash Cadet
NNID
NoonAim
it is total arrogance to be upset in the least about how anyone else chooses to enjoy a game.

Warp$tar Lover

Smash Cadet
I ESPECIALLY hate when someone spams your top player, like when I was brawling with anyone, I win one match with Kirby. The next round I decide to go with Wario as my main, and would ya know it player 2 decides to go with my player AND spam his F-smash. Well for the whole two minutes he's trying to kill me with that f-smash, and would ya know it? He manages to get one lucky hit duing the last ten seconds and then he runs to stall...

That alone discouraged me from doing the fighting with anyone option in Wi-Fi...

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
don't pick "Anyone" matchs then lol. i normally don't play them cause how many KO's can Peach get on FD in 2 minutes? not many and theres more than enough spam to deal with other places.

Toadsanime

Smash Journeyman
UK, England (We got Brawl late. Get over it.)
That definition is a little off-key. However, it's impossible to officially describe such an unofficial word such as this term 'scrub'.

Well, Im only offended when therye bad, and win. For example, the PIkachu spammer. In a with anyone match, there are usually 4 people, which means your attention id divede among 4 people. So, as the match goes on, the skilled players tend to rack up damage, with the occasional thunder thrown in. But, when everyones damage is High, that spamming pikachu becomes a problem. So, everyone tries to take him out, but, in doing so, they attack eachother and allow pikachu to pull off that thunder, sending everyone flying to their death. And tha, above all other spammers, make me rage.
The Pikachu player is therefore the smartest of you all, unfortunately. The aim of the match is to win, and he seems to be the only one willing to do that. He wasn't spamming for the whole match, anyway, only whilst your damage was high.
If I had an attack capable of wiping out players when they had high damage, I believe I'd use it, too. :bee:

Kirby Redux

Smash Journeyman
I know im not the best, and i know i never will be. I also know that i am fairly good for a casual player, but I dont brag about it. I think thats what I hate most, when they suck and brag about their UBER LEETNESS!!! *facepalm*

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
What annoys me is that when peoplle pllay Brawll horriblly, they stilll llook good pllaying it for the first stock. Unlless they're reallly, reallly bad.

PCHU

Smash Lord
The only thing that upsets me is people spamming with my mains Wolf and Ike.
Lucas annoys me a little bit as well.

But what annoys me even more is when they win in an online match.
Usually, if I start dominating for awhile with Ike/ Marth, I see a Pikachu come in.
And they ALWAYS spam.
I have NEVER seen a non-spammy Pikachu.
And that's ashame (unless that IS Pika's playstyle).

But when they win, that's a problem.
It just shows how little my opponents know about spam, and its flaw.

But it doesn't insult me.
It's just boring when you have no true rivals.

smallwolf24

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0834-2422-8954
Yeah, I just don't bother trying and leave immediately I don't like wasting my time. (-.-)

Top Bottom