• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does his up-B still have the super hit?

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
You know how if you Up-B right next to someone with Luigi, it would make a Home-run bat noise and have a lot more damage and knockback? Does that still hold true in Brawl?

Bishop_S

Smash Cadet
I hope so... I saw the video that shows Luigi's final Smash and it looked like the Luigi player went for the up B many times only to get the 1% damage.. I hope it is still there, and it was just because that Luigi player couldn't aim or time it.

Kruton

Smash Ace
It probably is. No reason to remove it when it was in all the way back from SSB64.

The animation is different when he does is up+b haha he kinda falls on his face.

Folt

Smash Ace
I recently saw some Luigi videos, and in one of them, he seems to connect with his super hit.
It was a bit hard to see though, but I think it was his super hit.

PoopLoop4

Smash Cadet
Yea, I have seen some videos, he also falles upodside down afterwards, its kind funny.

Losnar

Smash Journeyman
Before the N64 of my school was confiscated by the teachers, we used to be pretty loud while playing SSB. Mostly because every time Luigi did his upB, we all yelled "IT'S CRAAAAZY!!". Thank God it's still crazy.
You played SSB in school? What kinda school was this?

Vudujin

Smash Lord
Does anyone know if his punch can hurt someone as he's landing upside-down (when his fist is aimed towards the ground?

PimpUigi

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well the ching sucked in Melee anyway. I'm not surprised it still sucks in Brawl.

I was hoping they were going to make it easier to hit with at least...but of course they didn't.
Not surprising at all considering how bad they nerfed jiggly's rest, and that move puts you to sleep!

ROFL

Smash Journeyman
why are people thinking his up b is worse in this game?

its 10 times better for recovery.

and almost 3 times stronger for offensive purposes.

it has potential to kill the lighter characters in the game at 30%.

the only thing that was nerfed about this move was the physics of the game. without wavedash its going to be hard to do this.

PimpUigi

BRoomer
BRoomer
That's good if it's three times stronger for offensive purposes.

Is it easier to hit with than in Melee though, once your in?
His up B is close to impossible to get, even at point blank range, half the time, you still get the coin.
It was much much better in Smash 64.

Did they fix it to be like in Smash 64 again? Or no?

ROFL

Smash Journeyman

His up B is close to impossible to get, even at point blank range, half the time, you still get the coin.

luigis up b was easy to hit with in melee.........

Kirbilord

Smash Rookie
For those of you who are saying that Luigi's Up-B is useless, think of it in conjunction with his final smash.

Incapacitate nearby foes, then lay on the hurt. What with the constant damage the FS does, it should be easy to score 1-Hit KO's with his up-B while it's happening.

I think when the two are put together, it's usefulness goes way up.

Potato Keyboard

Smash Cadet
They should have changed it so it would be a useful move : \
I wouldn't say its useless. When I main Luigi in Melee I get many oppertunities to fire uppercut them. Particularly useful against Ness, Samus, Link, and anyone you can outrun. (samus and link when they try to grab u and miss)

Potato Keyboard

Smash Cadet
Oh this is sweet! Check out what smashbros.com has to say about this:

"Opponents who set foot in the Negative Zone are plagued by a random assortment of effects including:

Drastically reduced attack power
Greater launch distance when hit
Increased likelihood of slipping
Steady increase in damage percentage
Flower growth on head
Dizziness
Uncontrollable taunting
Sudden sleepiness
Decreased movement speed
...And so on.

If you fall asleep or get dizzy here, you’ll have no way to avoid the inevitable Fire Jump Punch that will seal your fate!!"-The Dojo

Andrex

Smash Apprentice
Yeah it seems like they wanted to come up with an FS that didn't do a lot on its own, but used Luigi's ph1r3.

PimpUigi

BRoomer
BRoomer
His final smash looks so awesome...yet I've heard from people who have done it in the four player mode, that as soon as you get hit once, that's the end of his final smash, for the character who got hit.

So Luigi starts doing his final smash, and then a samus missile comes and hits someone, and then the affects of his final smash are negated.

comboking

Smash Master
yes it does check the dojo and I found out what his final smash does from the dojo

<Final Smash: Negative Zone>​
When you trigger Luigi’s Final Smash, funky world music fades in and the immediate area gets wrapped up in the Negative Zone.

You’re on Luigi’s turf now!​
Opponents who set foot in the Negative Zone are plagued by a random assortment of effects including:
  • Drastically reduced attack power
  • Greater launch distance when hit
  • Increased likelihood of slipping
  • Steady increase in damage percentage
  • Flower growth on head
  • Dizziness
  • Uncontrollable taunting
  • Sudden sleepiness
  • Decreased movement speed
...And so on.

Potato Keyboard

Smash Cadet

Idk if this is just me but it's not hard for me at all to fire uppercut someone, even a lvl 9 comp (lvl9comps easier). You just either wait for them to accidently try to grab or use a laggy move that misses and *ping*. Or just R swivel around them and *ping* them real fast (more successful the other way, unless lvl 9 comp or person not as good as you).

Yeah in 64 it was so easy it was cheap! I kinda miss it actually.

Top Bottom