• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does Anyone's AI do this?

Aidebit

Smash Journeyman
Sometimes, when I play the level 9 Peach (I'm lonely) she floats above the ground and does aerials (bair and nair).
Falco sometimes does a SHSL. And probably some other crazy stuff. (chaingrabbed me once, I've been scared ever since.) Fox also SHDLs.
Do anyone else's computers do this?

Sobia6464

Smash Cadet
Peach has done that to me. I've never had the Fox or Falco incident, but I did have a situation arise where Captain Falcon, on Olimar's stage (forget the name), would literally jump on top of one of the leaves, jump down, immediately jump back on the leaf, and repeat. He did this until I walked right in front of his face, and this happened more than just once and in the same game.

Aidebit

Smash Journeyman
The crazy thing about the Peach thing is that she floats just right above the ground, and keeps on cancelling the float and doing it again, it's pretty odd. She just keeps on hitting my shield so much it's gonna break. I also had an incident of Marth repeatedly rolling to one side of the platform on Battlefield.

Sashimi

Smash Ace
Computer peach floats just above the ground all the time when I fight her. I've also been grab-released (at high percent, too) by many computers before, and just today I witnessed the computer as Fox use Shine to stall in the air. Yesterday, Snake grabbed me and did his Down throw choke thing, and stood there waiting for me to roll or get up.

Contrast this with Meta Knight, who refuses to use Shuttle Loop to recover against me. Every time he's off-stage, he jumps back and tries to grab the ledge with his Dimensional Cape. He usually misses and SDs, even when I'm nowhere near the ledge. If I'm shooting peanuts at him, he uses up all his jumps right next to the ledge instead of taking just one peanut hit and getting back onstage. Brilliant.

Onstage, though, Meta Knight often catches my peanuts and throws them back at me!

Aidebit

Smash Journeyman
Computer peach floats just above the ground all the time when I fight her. I've also been grab-released (at high percent, too) by many computers before, and just today I witnessed the computer as Fox use Shine to stall in the air. Yesterday, Snake grabbed me and did his Down throw choke thing, and stood there waiting for me to roll or get up.

Contrast this with Meta Knight, who refuses to use Shuttle Loop to recover against me. Every time he's off-stage, he jumps back and tries to grab the ledge with his Dimensional Cape. He usually misses and SDs, even when I'm nowhere near the ledge. If I'm shooting peanuts at him, he uses up all his jumps right next to the ledge instead of taking just one peanut hit and getting back onstage. Brilliant.

Onstage, though, Meta Knight often catches my peanuts and throws them back at me!
Okay, it's nice to know that Peach does that to you too. My computer Snake just does a tilt as soon as he can. Also, once the computer Marth did the up-b ledge cancel thing.

Also, when I play Falco, the computer MK just waits on stage and D-Smashes, I got caught off guard by it once.

The Falco chaingrab hasn't happened since, and I've been trying to replicate it.

eshu125

Smash Apprentice
It's not like it's a hard thing for the computer to do. It's just a simple input by pressing down on your analog stick and pressing jump.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Had to check this thread to make sure no one was spreading the lie about computer's learning, good job everyone!
It's tough, I used to be so convinced they did... :p

Anyway, i've had the Peach incident yep.

I've had a pretty crazy one - i've been Ness against a CPU Marth and gotten CGed before about 3 or 4 times in a row.

Yea that sucked. I think he used upB after the 4th one too iirc. Didn't kill me but it scared me as all heck.

I've had CPU Snake/G&W play the Dthrow mindgame on me before a few times.

I've also had CPU foxes spam Usmash on me when i'm trying to land. I've gone in thinking they'd do something different the next time and... oh look another Usmash. -_-

I'll letcha know if I get any other funny CPU stories.

GreenMunchkin

Smash Apprentice
As Climbers, the level 9 Diddy Kong literally sidestepped eight grabs in a row. Without moving. He just stood there, waiting, and when I grabbed, he sidestepped. I did a Blizzard to end it, but it gave me one more reason to consider Sakurai a troll.

tekkie

Smash Master
The Snake is now spamming uptilt to juggle me.
mine does that almost regularly - if you're in the air, he'll walk around under you and just wait until you're in utilt range. you can airdodge to the ground safely every single time.

stupid lvl 9 cpu snake doesnt knows his own options :\

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
In Mushroomy Kingdom World 1-2, I've seen a Level 1 Peach use the Parasol Glitch immediately after I activated my final smash. She stayed floating on the top row of blocks until the screen scrolled to the point that she was pushed into the left blast line and self-destructing. I think it happened by pure accident, but to see her pull it right after I activate the final smash was very interesting.

Top Bottom