• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does anyone prefer playing as Mighty Glaciers over Fragile Speedsters?

Quillion

Smash Hero
I don't, but there seems to be a definite bias towards playing as the light characters over the heavies. I can totally understand why because with the Speedsters, you can do whatever attack you want when you want. With the Glaciers, you have to pretty much fight their own speed while fighting the opponent. It's an issue of freedom.

Blablabug

Smash Cadet
I personally enjoy to play both. I don't really care about the weight if the character suits me well.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Well, I don't really play as the "Mighty Glaciers", but I sure as hell don't play as the lightweight, speedy characters. Terribly overrated IMO.

Last edited:

Blablabug

Smash Cadet
Well, I don't really play as the "Mighty Glaciers", but I don't play the Speedsters either. Terribly overrated IMO.
If you're talking about :4diddy: and :4sheik: they are not really overrated since they are very strong. I don't like them though...

MarioFireRed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MarioFireRed
3DS FC
5026-4457-8398
It depends on the game for me. In Smash 4 I prefer to strike a balance between the two though I have more characters that are slightly heavier (Shulk, Mega Man, possibly Mario) than characters who are slightly lighter (Fox, Diddy, and Sheik)

Lag Chan

Fastfall Nair Everyday
NNID
BlankaHondaShrek
I'm very much all about characters that pack a punch, so I'm inclined to agree. Nothing quite like getting a solid hit with Ike or Ganon and KOing someone at 70 percent.

SoBMudkip

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ROBIN_HYPE
I'm some **** with the speedy characters. I prefer the mid-range characters like Robin, Samus, and Captain falcon.

D

Deleted member 269706

I find it more entertaining and rewarding to win a match with someone like Ike over someone like Rosalina or ZSS. Those slower characters feel like they had more work and uniqueness about them, it makes you think about the game in a bit of a different way...well, for me anyways.

Eisal

Smash Apprentice
I play with Palutena. She feels a little bit like "Jack-of-all-trade" so to speak.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I actually like characters that are both slow and lightweight. Generally though, I do prefer the speedsters over the heavies, but I think much of that has to do with how few heavies there are, comparatively. I just don't think they've made one whose moveset I truly enjoy yet.

Top Bottom