• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does anyone play online ?

liamleash

Smash Rookie
See when i go to play on wifi it will search and not pick up anyone.
I dont know why it just doesnt.
Anyone had this problem or is it just no one plays online anymore ?
Thanks

_Tiamat_

Smash Apprentice
if you mean the ''with anyone'' mode, it can take up to 15 minutes to find a group, when I first tried this mode I thought it wasn't working for me but it seem this is normal...

PCHU

Smash Lord
Sometimes Team Battles works better than Basic Brawl.
Team Battles ALWAYS seems to have someone.
But when people just quit on me in TB, I usually go to Basic Brawl, hoping for a one-on-one.

komickid

Smash Apprentice
Yeah because in addition to all the lag wait times etc. Alot of the good players don't play on anyone brawl so there are way more mediocre/horrible players than good players.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Am I the only one that usually gets a group in under a minute and has basically no lag?

Seriously?

I've done With Anyone at the same time for three days consecutively. It always seems to work fine, for me.

Come on, I know I can't be the only one.

Right?

White Assassin

Smash Cadet
i figuered out that the longer you tr the better it works.
that means u search for a basic brawl, wait 8 minutes and have a game.
it laggs and you are ****ed up, so you try another game and in one minute you found a party.
next time you leve, you ´ll find a party very quick again, and laggs aren´t there anymore.

but i wonder, why i always find battle on spectator mode but have to w8 hours for a basic brawl.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
it laggs and you are ****ed up, so you try another game and in one minute you found a party.
next time you leve, you ´ll find a party very quick again, and laggs aren´t there anymore.

but i wonder, why i always find battle on spectator mode but have to w8 hours for a basic brawl.
Spectator Mode is just replays of online matches being streamed to your Wii.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
I'm pretty sure that in spectator mode your Wii downloads the match, and loses it once you disconnect from the server.

People do play in basic brawl and team battle. Sometimes you have to wait longer to find them than other times.

ddonaldo

Smash Journeyman
like serris I have no problem online. quickly find matches, no lag and even though my opponents are rarely any good they dont just muck about and I do find the occasional good player.

really wish nintendo could have at least made some sort of friend code exchange system in free-for-all like they did in metroid prime hunters for the DS

Greenstreet

Smash Champion

yer this works. once u get one game it gets quicker to get the next 1 it seems. i dunno some sort of priority system maybe.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
It works fine for me sometimes, although I got to hate the people that camp and do silly taunts while other people are trying to fight. It loses the mood of the fight real easily. T_T

Zwabber

Smash Cadet
I do play online from time to time. Unfortunately I always suffer from button-lag (as everyone else), which makes serious play almost impossible. Besides there's no 1 vs 1 option, you just have to be lucky.

Oh well, I'm glad Brawl at least HAS an online mode..

Top Bottom