• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does anyone get dreams about Smash 4?

Fluggerson

Smash Apprentice
had a dream last night that my friend got a demo of smash 4 with robin in it and i started playing it. played robin and kept spamming thoran (even tho ik u have to charge it)

Anyone? probably cuz im too hyped for this game, but i dont have a wii u so i'm hoping that target has smash 4 demo so i'll stay there all day

Hejjihoggu

Smash Rookie
I think I posted something like this in the Smasher's Hangout section.

I had a dream that I was kidnapped by these 3 guys and the 3 guys who kidnapped me just wanted to play SSB4 with 99 stock on a 300% mode with Mario, Sonic, Pac-Man, and Mega Man. Don't ask.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I dreamt Chrom was confirmed but he looked liked he was designed by Akira Toriyama for some reason. Every single time my favorite things in my dream turn into a bizarre crossover.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
One day I dreamed that Lip was playable... and on another I dreamed with pokémon Trainer being a solo character, he used Escape Rope as recovery move, and uses a bike for one of attacks and a rod for grabbing opponents

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
As for dreaming about new versions of smash being released, you bet I did! In 2000, I will never forget it.

They were hyping the "Nintendo revolution" (they always do before naming it but I thought that was the announced game) and I dreamt that my parents got a Nintendo revolution for my 11th.

Smash bros was 3D on surprisingly final destination like stages. Bowser was playable, as was Charizard and kadabra.

Yep. Lot of fun I will never forget it, and the "revolution" looked like 2 n64's stacked on each other and was cartridge loaded XD

"Even bigger for 8 players!"

Such a vivid dream and hilarious to remember.

Nightmares of it being delayed
This too, about GameCube once I knew what it was

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The other night I dreamt that my local GameStop had a Smash Wii U demo kiosk, and I played as Rosalina and tried to analyse while I had friend film the experience.

JCAndre

Smash Apprentice
I had a dream I was standing in for Mario was Delfino. I was jumping down from the area with the cave to the final level. I ran into Mewtwo and basically had a smash battle with him. Sh*t's weird.

Toadmode

Smash Rookie
I dreamt Roy was going to be in it with a new style. When I woke up.....man talk about depressed.

Fishbowl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Fishbowl22
The night before the live character reveal, I dreamt about waking up and watching the video. It started with Sakurai saying something to the effect of "Let's do some associations. " and then it showed a side by side of little mac and Rocky Balboa. And then it showed a couple more (I don't remember the specific fighters, but it was clear by the real world pictures of Bruce Lee and Anderson Silva that he was hyping up a competetive fighting-themed character. And then BAM Little Mac's Coach confirmed. I was so surprised, and the dream was surprisingly vivid, which is weird because I really don't give a damn about punch-out or its characters. There was gameplay and everything, edited together just like any other trailer.

And then I woke up and watched another bomb shell

Last edited:

Canuckduck

Smash Ace
Last night, I had a dream that I had a job as a parcel delivery guy who was delivering a box containing an old NES along with 2 games. One of which was an 8-bit version of Super Smash Bros. The guy popped it into his tv, and all of a sudden the floor started to levitate and transform into a "flying"-type stage. It flew all over my city, and me and the guy were fighting each other the whole time (I had Mario's moveset, while he had Ness's).

Yes, that has absolutely nothing to do with anything, and is barely related to the topic, but hey, there you go.

Also, I've not had any dreams about Smash 4...yet.

Last edited:

MachoCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MachoCheeze
The night before the Robin/Lucina livestream I had two dreams about it:

One was wHere they revealed Ridley.

The other was were they revealed Mewtwo, but for some reason he combined with all of the Kanto starters and became this big Pokemon abomination. It was... interesting?

Canuckduck

Smash Ace
The night before the Robin/Lucina livestream I had two dreams about it:

One was wHere they revealed Ridley.

The other was were they revealed Mewtwo, but for some reason he combined with all of the Kanto starters and became this big Pokemon abomination. It was... interesting?
When I read that last part, this image immediately popped into my head:

AncientBaby

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AncientBaby
3DS FC
4854-6493-8093
I've actually had a few, but the one that sticks out most to me was when I dreamed that the game came out, but the main game mode required everyone to play as Diddy Kong and the only moves people used were banana peels, his side special, and his down throw. I didn't know how to life.

Two Big Guys For You

Smash Cadet
Yeah actually. A reveal trailer for X from Mega Man. I just remember fighters on a beam, mega man was one of them, and they're running towards something off screen. And Mega Man falls off the beam, or is knocked off by someone rushing, as everything goes slow motion on him. Then it cut around to show that they were running towards X. I was basically crying with joy in my dream, I was like "how could this happen Sakurai thank you thank you so much"

Then I woke up.

Before Monday's reveal, I actually had a dream where the Guardians of the Galaxy were playable, and there was a 616 (marvel's universe name) option of a roster for Smash Brothers. It was for the Xbox One apparently

Seven years ago I dreamed about playing Sheik against Fox on that Star Fox level from Brawl, on my family tv. Even though I don't play Sheik at ALL. Funny. I think Sheik got revealed in late 2007 so that may be why.

Edit- I remembered one though it's tangentially related. A bit 2kinky as well but here we go.

I shall recount it for SFW browsers. I just know these guys are trapped in an alternate dimension, and they grow old while time is wonky outside. However, Kirby was there, and if I recall correctly, this alternate hell was like an office building. Wearing ties and everything.

They grow old there,and while some are peaceful, judging by the chess players, others fought over leadership for some odd reason. A door is kicked in, and CAPTAIN AMERICA SAVES THE DAY! Which is his tag line quote. Things get sketchy. Not wanting to disclose my dream in my log, I just said they wee all cartoon characters. But I think I recall that the guy, who was doing something near Kirby's legs, stands up and turns around to face Cap. But he's a young live action man. That's when I woke up.

Best I can gather, it is Lord of the Flies with Kirby providing the uh... Elixer of youth in Event Horizon.

Last edited:

Canuckduck

Smash Ace
Yeah actually. A reveal trailer for X from Mega Man. I just remember fighters on a beam, mega man was one of them, and they're running towards something off screen. And Mega Man falls off the beam, or is knocked off by someone rushing, as everything goes slow motion on him. Then it cut around to show that they were running towards X. I was basically crying with joy in my dream, I was like "how could this happen Sakurai thank you thank you so much"

Then I woke up.

Seven years ago I dreamed about playing Sheik against Fox on that Star Fox level from Brawl, on my family tv. Even though I don't play Sheik at ALL. Funny. I think Sheik got revealed in late 2007 so that may be why.
Ah yeah. 2007. The good 'ole days.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I once dreamt that Bandana Dee was revealed. Then I woke up.

Day was depressing.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
This won't surprise certain people but I did dreamt last May about a trailer with a bunch of Mario characters and the end was Paper Mario getting sort of hp and flower points to then splash screen and I woke up of happiness.

Though, I loved that dream :)

Kirks21

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kirks_43
3DS FC
1848-1728-8218
I had one shortly after Mac was revealed. The dream was of me playing with Mac. The scary part was that when I did play with him at Smash Fest, he played pretty much exactly how I imagined.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
I will never forget my Land Arwingly.

Basically, I dreamt of being at some huge Japanese mall, Sakurai cameon this huge screen on the wall, and basically said that Ridley WAS too big, so he combined him with an Arwing, Landmaster, and F-Zero car.
Heck, someone here even has an avatar of Landmasterly, if you want an idea.

Alakaslam

Smash Ace

Then I woke up.

Before Monday's reveal, I actually had a dream where the Guardians of the Galaxy were playable, and there was a 616 (marvel's universe name) option of a roster for Smash Brothers. It was for the Xbox One apparently

Edit- I remembered one though it's tangentially related. A bit 2kinky as well but here we go.

I shall recount it for SFW browsers. I just know these guys are trapped in an alternate dimension, and they grow old while time is wonky outside. However, Kirby was there, and if I recall correctly, this alternate hell was like an office building. Wearing ties and everything.

They grow old there,and while some are peaceful, judging by the chess players, others fought over leadership for some odd reason. A door is kicked in, and CAPTAIN AMERICA SAVES THE DAY! Which is his tag line quote. Things get sketchy. Not wanting to disclose my dream in my log, I just said they wee all cartoon characters. But I think I recall that the guy, who was doing something near Kirby's legs, stands up and turns around to face Cap. But he's a young live action man. That's when I woke up.

Best I can gather, it is Lord of the Flies with Kirby providing the uh... Elixer of youth in Event Horizon.
Have you heard of forum mafia?

Don't do it here, they do not welcome CHUPAZI. But thy skill in the art is yet greater than mine

lilt

Smash Journeyman
I often dreamed of Ridley. He was fun to play.

However, the most awkward dream was about playable Skull Kid in Smash 4.
Design-wise he was basically a brown, fat Shy Guy with Majora's Mask on.
Quite like a big unshaped bag of potatoes. This took place in Melee's Yoshi Valley,
but was somehow 3D. Skull Kid ran around like a psychopathic, ran against everything.
That was his only attack though, bumping into his opponents.
I remember that I was pretty unhappy wiht Sakurai's
decisions about how to include him.
:i6rkW:

In Melee days, I dreamed about Kraid being in the background of a typical Metroid Stage with lava etc.
That was before we even unlocked Kraid's Lair. I think it was one night before.
So I was quite surprised to see my dream come trough the next day.

Last edited:

Tenchi Boom

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TenchiBoom
I had a dream before Brawl's release that I was having a battle in the Dark Chao Garden from Sonic Adventure 2 as Captain Falcon lol. I woke up a tad confused and a little sad.

J04KlM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pichu4SSB4
3DS FC
4940-5417-1674
I have had several hype dreams about Smash 4. First dream i had about it was it being playable on the 3DS, and not long after it was announced to be coming for 3DS. Bingo!

The second dream i remember was right before E3 2013, the game was named "Super Smash Bros 4: Nintendo VS Capcom". Funny how Megaman was confirmed at E3.

And recently, i've had dreams about Palutena and Lucina... Sakurai i blame you.

Hong

The Strongest
Well, I posted it in the Villager forums...

But I had this dream where I was playing on this stage that was kind of like a ship on the sea. I was the Villager, and I think I was against a Bowser? I was playing like you would expect the Villager to play: Running away, firing off Lloids, firing my slingshot. Probably going to be one of the most exasperating characters in Smash history.

Eventually my opponent
'd out of the game. They stood up and shouted in fury. After a short moment we were both laughing at it. :D

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
The day of the Lucina reveal, I had a dream where Samurai Goroh was revealed, I'm not even an F-Zero fan so I don't know where it came from, the reveal trailer had him eating a burrito while waiting for a bus on a bus stop, then suddenly Ganondorf walks up to him and sits besides him, Goroh looks at him angrily and they suddenly fight...weirdest dream ever...

I also had a dream about Professor Layton being revealed for Azran Legacy :(

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
I had a dream last night about Sm4sh.

It was Smash Run, but it was 3D can move left and right, but in a house. So, it was like a team. My team had 4 random people and me (I was Shulk.) A girl asked "Where could they be?" It was like hide and seek and we were the seekers. I proceeded into fired a yellow light from my hand and it led me to my opponents. The opposing team was my brother and his friends. The orb would put them to sleep. When I found my brother, he was over a leather, gray recliner. Appraently, there were more of these orbs and stuck to me. I tried pulling it off, but I couldn't as it switched from yellow to red. It turned red and switched from 1st person and 3rd person as I saw someone who wasn't Shulk laying on the floor where I was. Maybe it was Robin. A girl came in from my team she said "Oh,no" and I woke up.

I can remember my dreams pretty well.

Nstinct

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3626-0477-8909
I had a dream I had a 3DS XL (which I don't own currently) and I had Smash 4 3ds, of course as soon as I started the game I woke up. Dreams are jerks like that.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Dreamed that I was at the midnight release for the Wii U version and they had a demo station outside to play before midnight came. The line was ridiculous to get a copy come midnight. It felt like years. Come my turn to get one I finally left gamestop. The drive home was probably the most hype part so far prior to Smash 4 release. When I got home, I ran upstairs not caring about waking anyone in my house. I tore off the plastic and opened the case. Light arose from the case, but I could barely see the disc. I put the disc in the Wii U and went selected the icon.

It booted up

I saw Shrek

The game froze

I awoke, pissed.

This may sound like complete BS for a dream, but I have a screwed up head.

Nintendrone

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nintendrone42
3DS FC
2535-3781-8442
Switch FC
SW 3369 4102 5813
I actually have frequent dreams about this game.

One time I had a dream where I was at a big tournament (I guess EVO or something) and I was playing against some top pro player, M2K I think. I was WFT and he was MK. I won, ecstatic, and then it ended.

IT MUST BE A PROPHECY.

sunshinesan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
sunshinesan
3DS FC
2836-1118-8472
I actually did have one. Shows how much I'm hyped about it, ugh. Nvm, I should be proud!

The dream had this premise that there was going to be a reveal or something. And everyone got into this venue and was getting ready for the reveal in this movie theater like setting. I sat down and it started playing. It was revealed that Mona was in Smash (from Warioware) and it was this trailer and she did some umbrella move (which didn't make any sense.) Anyway, then it gets blurry and I'm walking around this venue. Than I was standing by a pillar, and I realize I was in a dream and then it gets lucid! I never get lucid dreams btw, maybe once every 3 years or something. I then decide to fly, but I could only hover, and I flew passed the roof upwards but then it was more of the same area, like repeating ( I went through the ceiling but came up from the floor of the same room.) Anyway, it was a relatively memorable dream. (Sorry, not much of it was of Smash :p)

bigbro2233

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure we all dreamed of this game before it was announced.

I've had a dream where I was watching a Ridley trailer. Samus was running up to him from behind, and he turned around... He had flowing golden hair, green eyes, and was smiling. Samus stopped and looked in awe at Ridley as he slowly approached. :yeahboi: (Oh no, please no Samus x Fabio Ridley, please)

I woke up screaming that night and spent half an hour crying into my hands.

Born in 1839...

Smash Apprentice
I had one dream about Sm4sh, so far. I had received a copy of the game for the Wii U. I was playing as the default colored Charizard, on Hyrule Temple. I was fighting a CPU playing as the default Charizard, as well. :4charizard:

Last edited:

CaSTEELO

Smash Rookie
NNID
CaSTEELO
3DS FC
0963-0535-1293
I had a dream that I got Smash Wii U and right as I was about to play it I woke up :upsidedown:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
My Smash 4 dreams?

The night before Pyrosphere's reveal, I had a dream about Ridley being confirmed. He looked like his Metroid NES artwork (search it up) and the site began to look like the Smash Crusade Forums.

I also remember others, one of which revealed Little Mac, Shadow, R.O.B. and ZSS, the other Pokemon Trainer (as a stand-alone fighter) and Pac-Man.

Otherwise, none come to mind.

Opossums3

Smash Rookie
Smash dreams are a common occurrence in my life. Playable characters have included, but are not limited to, Mewtwo (but horribly disfigured), Snake, Krystal, Paper Mario, Haxorus, the Incredible family playing all as a single character, and the four penguins from Madagascar playing as a single character as well.

I think I'm smash obsessed.

Top Bottom