• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does anyone find it ironic that all of snake's tilts are bs?

ADHD

Smash Hero
Idk, its just funny that... out of all the character roster there is this one with ridiculous range on not one or two, but ALL of his tilts. Not only that, the tilts have amazing KO power.

Cecilanius

Smash Journeyman
1. Stop whining.

2. It compensates for his lack of instant smashes I guess. Which every other character has. Up smash is sort of an exception though.

ADHD

Smash Hero
God dammit when does this turn into a complaining thread, I learned to deal with snakes a very long time ago I'm just questioning it because its strange.

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Threads like these neither have a purpose nor are they a positive contribution to our boards.

Please don't feel the need to post things like this.

Esoteric

Smash Apprentice
Dead horse.

People seem to complain to us, the Snake mains, as if it's our fault his tilts have ******** hitboxes. You think we don't know this already ffs? None of us developed this game and I'm sure none of us really care about the constant whining. Stop wasting people's time with these redundant threads, please.

Seriaxe

Smash Apprentice
I have vowed to only kill with my tilts.

Well not really but most of my kills are either up tilt or f tilt.
Man, I can never kill people with f tilt only at really high damage. Up tilt is my main killing move. I use F-tilt alot though it great for racking up quick damage.

On-topic: Why does everyone complain about snake, and his moves, stop complaining and deal with it.

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
The only thing cheap about those tilts is that it can hit out of the physical reach. otherwise they are like his smashes to me.

DarkRunner00

Smash Journeyman

THAT'S NOT IRONY!
Love it...

but its not irony, and I suppose it could justify Snake's slow Smashes... but

Every character has certain moves that people use more than others, and moves that collect dust...

some smashes should never be used (for any characters) because lag sucks for the pay off of % and knock back...

I like the fact that Ftilt, Utilt, have a sonic boom effect cuz There's a huge non-contact distance... for a CQC character...

That is the irony... CQC but his attacks have invisible reach... Though it could be considered complaining, there is irony in that...

And so does Nair... Nair's first 3 doesn't connect, but amazing the most important hit fourth has invisible reach... I like it...

I exploit it...

Snake kills and so that's what he should do... Utilt is my finisher... Ftilt doesn't always kill... I'm not sure what a good edgeguard for snake is... so ya...

mr_kennedy44

Smash Journeyman
Just a quick question for all the people who think Snake's tilts are cheap because of the range.

If you think Snake's tilts are cheap then do you also think Bowser's f-smash is cheap? Bowser doesn't have to connect with his head to hit the opponent. It doesn't seem logical to think one character is broken while saying that another character with the same qualities isn't.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Snake is a much smaller target than Bowser though, and his tilts come out as fast as jabs...but do like the same damage as Smashes if not more.

I mean seriously, one of those qualities of his tilts needs to go, then it would be okay. He's also quite unfair with grenades. <<

mr_kennedy44

Smash Journeyman
I understand that but the main reason that people complain about Snake's tilts are the range. All I'm saying is that he is not the only one with hitboxes off of his body.

DarkRunner00

Smash Journeyman
there's lots of disjointed hitboxes...

you can't half speak of the truth of you know something...

Snake's tilts as someone mentioned already, comes out pretty fast... that goes to say... Ike's jab does auto jab like snakes, nor is his tilt as fast...

Compare those 2 if you will... the power of snakes and Ike's ftilt (i compare them because they have slow Fsmashes too) if Ike's ftilt came out fast... or had disjointed hitboxes -- wouldn't that be something?

And having both traits... would completely make it the "Ike Finisher"

And... Ike and Snake... and Bowser can't be compared... that's really ridiculous... Snake out plays Ike and Bowser anyday...

Cecilanius

Smash Journeyman
Ok, how about this, DK's front smash? A lot of his attacks are pretty crazy. I'm not complaining, I'm just helping kennedy get his point across.

FatalX

Smash Journeyman
You'd be surprised how easy it is to punish a Snake for a messed up tilt. A simple spotdodge lasts the length of both tilts, which you can punish right after.

Snake isn't as broken as everyone thinks he is, you just need to be patient and space properly against him.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
DK front smash has more range yeah...but doesnt come as fast, doesnt havethe stupid priority and above all..doesnt havethe silly hitboxes from snake. How you dare to compare both attacks?. Sbake can "teleport" in front of people witht hat move and hit them(F tilt).... while DK needs to mindgame the smash because while powerful, is not as cheap as snake`s tilt. Now, round that tilt with all the arsenalof fast-high proritymoves he has...and to mention he is the harder character tokill in the game....and WE are into something.

LP4Life666

Smash Journeyman
Threads like these are the reason why I don't check the Snake forums often. The popular thing to do is ***** about the character, and it ends up becoming multi-page threads for reasons beyond my understanding.

On a side-note, Chromepirate is nub.

DarkRunner00

Smash Journeyman
DK front smash has more range yeah...but doesnt come as fast, doesnt havethe stupid priority and above all..doesnt havethe silly hitboxes from snake. How you dare to compare both attacks?. Sbake can "teleport" in front of people witht hat move and hit them(F tilt).... while DK needs to mindgame the smash because while powerful, is not as cheap as snake`s tilt. Now, round that tilt with all the arsenalof fast-high proritymoves he has...and to mention he is the harder character tokill in the game....and WE are into something.
your missing out that lot of projectiles stops mortar slide... but... what's even better is jab out of mortar slide... haha... it comes out faster...

also the fact that... mortar slide acts like Ike's Quick Draw (mode of movement, the way I use it at least is never to make contact)... but Mortar slide is even better... is protects you from people who air-dodge... unlike Ike's... (which is also vulnerable to projectiles)

but this going away from the original point of range... range is good... its not like snake has any other projectiles... I mean Marth has his tipper... and a long reaching shield breaker right?

Melee1

Smash Journeyman
There are no broken characters. Snake is easy for some. Hes very predictable and easy to edgegaurd. Just counterpick him with ROB or falco, or even iceclimbers. :)

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Every topic on Snake boards ends up turning into the same stupid discussion while there is plenty of room for intelligent discussion in my stage topic (which goes ignored) or match up threads.

I don't mean to sound like I'm complaining but...

Says a lot about you Snake players.

We need a mod. :"/

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
this really has nothing 2 do with snake players. its often other people for different character boards who simply want to bash on snake. So dont be a moron. do you really think the snake mainers would start a thread talking **** on their own character?

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Oh, this has nothing to do with Snake players? Last time I checked we are in fact on the Snake boards. Correct me if I'm wrong, big shot.

When did I ever state that the Snake mains on this board are bashing their own character? Lemme check... right, never.

It's the fact that everyone succumbs to the same discussion in every single thread.

Everyone here is so easily provoked into topics like this and feel the need to defend Snake when we should be ignoring people like this because we know that there will always be whining and complaining about Snake.

For whatever reason we play Snake, we do, and the more the merrier IMHO.

Let's leave it at that. -___-;

LP4Life666

Smash Journeyman
Oh, this has nothing to do with Snake players? Last time I checked we are in fact on the Snake boards. Correct me if I'm wrong, big shot.

When did I ever state that the Snake mains on this board are bashing their own character? Lemme check... right, never.

It's the fact that everyone succumbs to the same discussion in every single thread.

Everyone here is so easily provoked into topics like this and feel the need to defend Snake when we should be ignoring people like this because we know that there will always be whining and complaining about Snake.

For whatever reason we play Snake, we do, and the more the merrier IMHO.

Let's leave it at that. -___-;
Truer words have never been spoken, Cat. This is why the Snake and Metaknight boards are a no-fly zone for me most of the time. Nothing going on but disillusioned players that are so tier-obsessed they don't even make an effort to better their own character. It's just so much easier to complain than it is to take action yourself.

Program

Smash Apprentice
Snake is a ****ing man, He deserved everything Sakurai gave him, Play an MG game...

However, back on topic: Yea sure, Snake's tilts are broken, but as a competitive smasher, you should embrace and understand the qualities of every character. Learn to Counter every character and their strengths, and capitalize on weaknesses. For example, Did you know MK can easily gimp space animals by nairing their up-b? Or did you know, if you main Snake, that Cypher gets gimped BADLY by Thunderstomp?

In harsher, mote blunt words: No Johns and Step your game up.

Watkins

Smash Journeyman
Snake is a ****ing man, He deserved everything Sakurai gave him, Play an MG game...

However, back on topic: Yea sure, Snake's tilts are broken, but as a competitive smasher, you should embrace and understand the qualities of every character. Learn to Counter every character and their strengths, and capitalize on weaknesses. For example, Did you know MK can easily gimp space animals by nairing their up-b? Or did you know, if you main Snake, that Cypher gets gimped BADLY by Thunderstomp?

In harsher, mote blunt words: No Johns and Step your game up.
How many times have you guys heard that before?

These forums are mostly full of the "Snake is good, learn to counter him even if you're fighting uphill because we don't care" types and the "Snake isn't imbalanced, he's just different" types (which are arguably more annoying and even more idiotic).

It's amusing watching every thread start and end the same way. Snake players trying to get the respect they think they deserve and trying to convince others they're not just bandwagon jumping (which some of them aren't, but they might as well be since some won't be convinced otherwise); then you have others trying to convince them that they're somehow lesser beings for playing him and hope to make them change mains.

Then you have the people complaining about how each thread turns into complaining about whether or not Snake is broken and how it's pushing the non-existent threads of value with useful Snake information farther down the line and dissolving the just as non-existent "intelligent discussion".

Why summarize Snake forums in one post? So people will learn new arguments so things stay entertaining. I mean come on, mentioning that Snake's cypher has a hard time against Ganondorf? Let's all use the Dorf as a secondary then right?

Yeah, poor Snake players, we wouldn't know of the desperate struggle of playing Snake vs Ganon.

/facepalm

Continue.

Top Bottom