• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does anybody use aerial force palm? And Force Palm L-Cancel

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
I was using it a bit in training mode. Usually, I start off with a string of f-airs during a full hop, then I double jump, and do a reverse aerial force palm, it does anywhere from 7-10 percent damage. Force Palm does 3 different types of damage
1. Force Palm Grab
2. Force Palm on the ground, counts as a projectile.
3. Aerial Force Palm, does more damage than the grounded one.

Would you guys think it would be worth looking into?

Fizzle

Smash Journeyman
Aerial force palm is bad... very bad. Luc always has a better option than using aerial FP. In your example, a nair or dair following the fair string is safer and could actually finish your opponent off.

Although, on very rare occasions I'll run off platforms and FP flame. Try it on Lylat. Right when the match starts, run off your platform and FP flame. Sometimes it's just so random that it'll catch your opponent off guard.

And, yes, I know I stole that from Milln. xD

Raiken

Smash Cadet
I use it every now and then and it's not bad for mixing stuff up, but i don't think it's really worth looking into much.

Rebonack

Smash Apprentice
Sadly it's just too slow to be useful in most circumstances, Lucario has better options in the air, as has already been pointed out.

Throwing it out as a short-hopped approach can catch people off-guard now and again, but it really isn't much in the way of a staple.

Lots of start-up. The hit-box doesn't really linger at all. And an uncomfortable amount of cool-down at the end. Pretty much always better off with Bair if you want an air attack with reach.

Sad but true.

Ilucamy

Smash Journeyman
The only way it can be utilized is though B-sticking / Wavebouncing and that's just for the momentum change, otherwise, due to lag it's pretty much useless in the air. On the ground is a different story (yes, the flame part)

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I only use it at high %'s on occasion due to the trajectory and for being moar unpredictable, but it's not recommended for use, as it's pretty crappy and laggy.

Timbers

check me out
Retreating fair to forcepalm flame is seriously the only remote use I've found for it, and even then it's nothing amazing.

Saki Zatoichi

Smash Ace
I managed to kill someone with an AFP before. They were trying to get back on the stage and I meant to AS, but accidentally hit > B.

Silvran

Smash Apprentice
I was about to say, I think I've seen someone (Milln?) Edge guard with it fairly well. Other than edge guarding, I don't see much use for it though... someone please prove me wrong and find a use.

M@v

Subarashii!
main thing I use force palm for is to combo with a-a-forcepalm. If they are a heavy guy, you can get off the a-a-forcepalm chain. I use fair any time you could use aerial forcepalm.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
I managed to kill someone with an AFP before. They were trying to get back on the stage and I meant to AS, but accidentally hit > B.
What percentage was Lucario and your opponent at?

Also grounded FP, it may me a good edgeguarding move, on certain stages like Lylat if the ship tilts at the right angle and if your opponents edgehog isn't too low.

Regarding FP, I came up with a good starting combo for it. Attack with a string of f-air, land behind your opponent while they shield, press side b FP grab, the instant you use it as soon as you touch the ground, it cancels your landing lag. I did this a few days ago and tested it out some. It seems like right when you use side b as you touch the ground it registers it as a aerial force palm, then the frames you touch down on the ground cancels the lag because it overides the landing lag changing the move into a grab rather than a aerial FP. Its like L Canceling, but you hit side b instead of L or R.

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
Doesn't fair end before you land anyway? I don't think that counts as lag canceling.
I'll test it out when I get the chance though.

Samuelson

Smash Lord
I use Aerial FP as a mixup when i'm on the ledge on FD and FD only. I might use it on BF at the very start of a match...run off the platform and use FP, there's a chance you might hit your opponent with it. Other then those 2 very situational things i don't ever use FP in the air unless it's on accident.

Raiken

Smash Cadet
I'm not going to try and pretend like i know much about technical stuffs, but even i'm wondering what the deal is with the L-Cancel part of it.... > _>

Top Bottom