• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does Anybody Else Have This Problem??????

Smash Journeyman
I tried searching for this on the boards and google, and could not find any solutions. If it has been mentioned already, I appolagize. Please send me a link for the original thread.

PROBLEM- When I'm playing brawl online and on AIM or AIB chat at the same time, it kicks my computer offline. I used to be able to do both at the same time at my old apartment with the same equipment and had no problems at all. The only difference is I have a new Internet provider and my router, wii and computer are in different positions. What happens is; I'll be online finding matches on AIM or AIB, I start playing my online match and my computer kicks me offline. I can continue playing brawl, almost as if it is stealing the wireless signal from my computer. Its really annoying because I cant talk to my opponite or report scores for ranked matches. wtf is going on??? Nobody has had this problem that I know of, but if anybody has any suggestions, please let me know.

Smash Journeyman
Thanks guys, you all were extremely helpful... not! Anyways, I figured out my problem by asking yahoo answers. So it turns out my Wii and Computer have the same IP somehow. Now I just have to figure out how to change one of them.

mzink*

Smash Ace
Yes I have the same issue sometimes, only it's switched. If I start up something on the computer, smash wifi kicks me off. I guess it just depends on how strong your signal is that day. So far I haven't found a solution other than to just do one thing at a time.

Smash Journeyman
Yes I have the same issue sometimes, only it's switched. If I start up something on the computer, smash wifi kicks me off. I guess it just depends on how strong your signal is that day. So far I haven't found a solution other than to just do one thing at a time.
Try rebooting your router. Wait a few minutes and then get online with everything that you want online. You router should assign new IPs for the computer, wii and anything else you want to get online with.

Top Bottom