• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DoDu Tournament - Salem, Oregon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eggz

Smash Hero
Thryx, if you think you can get good at smash by playing alone, then why are you bad? =o

Tips for running future tournaments -

1: Make sure people bring enough money for entry.

2: Take payment for Singles and Doubles first, and then extra tournaments. Take all entry before any events start, and set the various pots aside separately, in envelopes or something.

3: As soon as everyone is entered for everything (which you should do in the beginning), generate the brackets for all of the separate tournaments. This will make things run much faster.

4: Seed the best players in opposite sides of the bracket. This should be pretty high priority, especially if they are all from the same state.

Thats all I could think of.

Thryx

Smash Apprentice
I'm bad at smash because.

1. I do not own any Nintendo material.

2. Don't really care.

3. Because being bad is fantastic.

Yet again I didn't say anyone can get good at SSBM, better is not good.

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
Thanks for the tips Shane.

Also, just for your guys' information, I tried out for tenor for the school choir and I made 2nd bass. Discuss.

Eggz

Smash Hero
I'm bad at smash because.

1. I do not own any Nintendo material.

2. Don't really care.

3. Because being bad is fantastic.

Yet again I didn't say anyone can get good at SSBM, better is not good.
Then why are you here? lol fro'd.

Thanks for the tips Shane.

Also, just for your guys' information, I tried out for tenor for the school choir and I made 2nd bass. Discuss.
I was bass in choir. Bass MM?

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
Because I have a really large range? And I enjoy singing tenor more than bass regardless of which one I'm better suited for.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
Yeah I remember hearing you speak and sounding like you probably have a low E. Which is better than most high school kids can muster up and integral to a bass-baritone. You're probably a baritone with a flexible high range - just assuming, since I haven't heard you speak or sing high. What's your range?

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
That is oddly observant of you.

I can actually sing to C2 (the C two octaves below middle C) lololol I just hate singing bass, it is so monotonous and simplistic.

Concerning my upper range, I can sing up to G4 (the G above middle C), sometimes A4 on a really good day.

Oddly though, I have the passagio and premo-passagio of a tenor but I can just sing hella low for a tenor.

I've taken voice lessons for years and my school is really competitive because we have won state for 5 years in a row and Best in the Northwest 10 years in a row.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
That's pretty sweet. Yeah you don't need to explain the number system to me :p I sing "professionally" so I'm always paying attention to things haha. But wtf singing bass is the best, it's not monotonous O_o

Wait, you're not going to Sprague, are you?

joshisrad

Smash Lord
Haha, I went to Gresham. We were like RIVALS LOLZ. Gresham blows ever since I left because they lost the majority of their key players. Not saying I'm the only one, but you know. Some people took the Sprague vs Gresham thing too far and others just thought it was fun and were friendly and chill with eachother school about it. I'm the latter of course :D But I thought you lived in Salem? And Sprague is in Eugene..?

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
Sprague is absolutely in Salem.

That's funny though, I'm sure if I asked all the choir members they would be like,
"Gresham is our rival?!"
We are pretty much unrivaled in the department of choir.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
Yeah you are now, but back when I was in high school (2 years ago, I'm college soph now) we were competing big times.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
More like mezzos FGT
chicks looooove basses. it's quite excellent. everyone sing bass now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom