• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you want another patch update?

Should there be a patch 1.1.7?

• Yes, the game is still unbalanced and needs more changes.

Votes: 23 34.3%
  • No, the game is fine the way it is.

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Yes, but only if the next patch contained only buffs and no nerfs

Votes: 39 58.2%

• Total voters

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
@Zmac122 ROTFL! If I did have that many mains if secondaries and characters for fun counted as such, I would indeed probably need to go to the hospital. In a way, I'd probably even put 3/5 of the cast in the "4 Fun" section, but that would be too big; bigger than even Ridley.

Ridley really isn't that big. C'mon Mashpotato Samurai. :(

Considering what @Axel311 is saying about Diddy nerfs, it's amazing at how this game would end up without 1.0.6 and 1.0.8 to nerf Diddy (though Sheik could have potentially ended up better with her not yet nerfed Bair that killed off the ledge and more damaging Fair).

I think some of the only things to be nerfed would include Mario's up smash, Diddy's down tilt or Bananas, and Cloud's ridiculous air game.
If Diddy and Shiek were at their peak, I would only play as Diddy to **** with my friends and maybe against Shiek in any form of competitive play. Hey guys! What's the chant of the day? HOO HAH!

I'd also add Ryu's TSRK on the list of moves that needs to be at least slightly nerfed. Even though it does take skill to use, it's still a dumb move.

C3CC

Smash Lord
YES.

Mario's Up Smash and Dash Attack need a HUGE nerf.

Palutena, Charizard and Zelda need more buffs.

That's all I'm asking for.

C3CC

Smash Lord
Erm,
I can kinda understand Mario's Up Smash to a certain extent, but...
his Dash Attack?...
His Up Smash definitely needs more ending lag because it's way too safe, or at least remove the invincibilty frames. His Dash Attack's duration is ridiculous.

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
His Up Smash definitely needs more ending lag because it's way too safe, or at least remove the invincibilty frames. His Dash Attack's duration is ridiculous.
His Up Smash is pretty safe and hard to punish, but not exactly impossible. His Dash Attack lasting a long time isn't even that big of a problem, it's a really situational move in any case.

Shady Shaymin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4098-3217-2048
Learn how to develop counterplay instead of just always asking for stuff to be toned down. Let me ask you this, C3CC. Before you came here and started asking for things to be nerfed, did you explore raw frame data and numbers to see if either of these moves give you a frame advantage if blocked? I'll give you a hint: one of them gives you a lot of frame advantage. When attempting to play around a powerful kill move that is well known to have invincibilty, did it occur to you that mindlessly challenging it aerials or repeatedly attempting to block it might not have been the best idea? Nearly everyone has some kind of busted stuff in our current meta. At this point you can either whine about it or you can learn how to play around it.

Top Bottom