• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you think the new SSB will be more than PG rated? Would you like/accept it?

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Considering how much time time has passed since the first episode, and how the fans of the series has grown up in the meanwhile, do you think it's reasonably expectable that the new SSB will be at least teen rated?
Which means: less eufemistic violence, more giggling phisic, occasionally hard talking and maybe someone dying in the story mode. Just to point out four things.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I mean... Brawl was rated Teen. So yeah, it's both possible and expected.

I don't think things will get more "mature", though. Honestly, most of the time when you see things like that thrown into video games for no reason it makes the game seem a lot less mature. I think the developers want the game to appeal to as many people as possible, and that means keeping it pretty tame... Nintendo and the Wii are for the entire family and it'd be pretty pathetic if Nintendo's All-Star game couldn't be shown to kids.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
Brawl (and I think Melee) were already rated Teen.

As for adding more mature themes to the game, I highly doubt it. The current family friendly theme works fine. No need to change it.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
I mean... Brawl was rated Teen.
It was?? *Check* yeah! Technically you're right. But I think it was more a precautional label than a serious thing, which could be this time.
Looking at the evolution of the series I think I foresee another halfstep forward. And no, nothing mature at all. Or at least I hope so. Thought, if Namco is gonna put their hands on Zero Suit Samus I think I have the right to be worried.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
It was?? *Check* yeah! Technically you're right. But I think it was more a precautional label than a serious thing, which could be this time.
Looking at the evolution of the series I think I foresee another halfstep forward. And no, nothing mature at all. Or at least I hope so. Thought, if Namco is gonna put their hands on Zero Suit Samus I think I have the right to be worried.

... Oh dear lord, I hope they don't turn Samus into Ivy.

I think it's important to note that none of Nintendo's other core franchises have gotten more mature to keep up with the aging audiences. While a lot of the people on the boards are 20-30, a lot of the target demographic is going to be 12-18.

Of course, it can be fun imagining what it'd be like if Nintendo did make their games more mature...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I think it will be PG/T/12+ as Brawl was. I highly doubt it would rank higher than that.

Unless you give all characters chainsaws. :troll:

D

Deleted member

No because Nintendo has been kid friendly since the 80s. Even though there are couple teen rated Metroid games. The only mature rated Nintendo game I can think of is Eternal Darkness. If the violence becomes as intense as Mortal Kombat, then there will be a controversy related to Nintendo.

I don't think Nintendo wants fans to see Peach and Zelda wearing panties underneath their skirts. That's why Zelda has been wearing tights.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I was thinking more about Taki honestly, which is already hardcore. But now you me think about... Also considering she has worn a bikini.

Unless they make Greyfox playable.

Ivy and ZS Samus both have the whip... Sheik can be Taki. And Peach can be Cassandra, and Zelda as Sophitia.

Heh. Anyway... I do think that, if anything, they'll make it less gritty. I've heard a lot more people saying it's weird how dark it is than people saying they wish it was more hardcore.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
I doubt they're going to up the rating any T for Teen seem the be the best rating for it I doubt they're going to bump it up to anything higher than that there wouldn't really be any point to it. Plus they would be alienating a sizable chunk of their fan base and potential new fans.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Considering how much time time has passed since the first episode, and how the fans of the series has grown up in the meanwhile, do you think it's reasonably expectable that the new SSB will be at least teen rated?

Which means: less eufemistic violence, more giggling phisic, occasionally hard talking and maybe someone dying in the story mode. Just to point out four things.
Jiggle physics? As long as it doesn't apply to a girls' top and bottom. It would just be out of place and awkward. Plus that could alienate the fans and potential new fans as well.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Jiggle physics? As long as it doesn't apply to a girls' top and bottom.
I meant exactly that. Mostly top. And I think it would be actually probable. Bouncing **** are old news by now.
The real question is: Will it be appliead realistically or exageratedly? What of the two would be more awkward?
Personally I think it's all up to the kind of female character.
Realistic jiggle phisic works fine with her:

Exagerated jiggle phisic suits better her:

Obviously even the other applications of the jiggle phisic will follow the same logic.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
I can't really see them adding a jiggle physics to smash it doesn't really suit smash. If they were going to do it, it would have been done in Brawl or Melee.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
I can't really see them adding a jiggle physics to smash it doesn't really suit smash. If they were going to do it, it would have been done in Brawl or Melee.
When Brawl or Melee were released there it wasn't a standard yet. Now it is. Plus, the game is on Wii-U and people would be disappointed to see the console is not able to menage any jiggle physic effect. And if the game was having all the jiggle effects but bouncy ****, it would look weird too.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I think Jigglypuff should have jiggle physics.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
And so Kirby. Just hope some female boss doesn't decide to kidnap the both of them and use them as brest implants...
Wait a minute! I told that as a joke but on a second thought it could be a interesting and funny plot. Just visualize it:
Link, Kirby and Jigglypuff enter in a dark room inside a piramid. Then suddenly bandages pops from nowhere and grabs the Kirby and Jigglypuff, pulling them into the deep darkness. Then the torches turns on and Link sees a giant Gibdess (female gibdo) holding Jigglypuff and Kirby bound and gagged (you know they both have a reason to be gagged) by bandages on her chest. So, while attacking her, you have somehow to avoid hitting Jiggly and Kirby, or else you will add damage to your character (that's how bonds of friendship work).

P.S. This is a gibdo:

While they looks and act like just zombies, when you approach them disguised as one of their kind (you need a Gibdo Mask in order to do so) you find out they are perfectly sentient and they know even the chimic composition of water and milk.
You have to wonder how so smart creatures can't see past your disguise.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Teen rated at most. Smash will lose its appeal if it goes higher than that.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
I agree.
Question: Does my latest idea sound still teen rated or is it slipping into mature?

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
SSB4 definitely won't exceed a T rating, but I wouldn't mind if it did more to earn that beyond "Comic Mischief and Mild Violence." (I think you know what I mean.)

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I at least know that the ESRB is a strictly-moderated organization. They may raise a game's rating to T simply because the violence looks more 'realistic' han 'cartoony'. Though the previous Smash installments are T rated, I always though of the style as being cartoony.

I see SSB4 as being T rated as always. Anything further would ruin the Nintendo charm.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Let's say that some secret characters might die in the story mode and they wont be playable in the other modes unless you finish that mode with a A, AA or AAA final and you get them saved. Do you think that would push the game too much forward the mature zone?

Bedhead

Smash Rookie
I honestly think Brawl is as dark as Smash will ever get, both in terms of looks and tone, what with the hyperrealistic character textures, desaturation, and sacrificial R.O.Bs.

smashbrolink

Smash Journeyman
The rating of a game has never turned me away from it except in the case of AO-rated games and EC-rated games.
Everything in-between those two is fine by me.
Next thread......

Top Bottom