• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you think shulk return in SSB5?

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
I don't see why not. He's clearly a character that Sakurai put a lot of work into, and he'll probably become the Marth of Xenoblade. A face for the series, even if he only appears in the first one.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Yes. Though, in my opinion, the real question being: Would Shulk bring someone else from Monolith Soft along with him?

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
i don't think XC is the better representation of MS like FE is for IS.
I am not saying Xenoblade Chronicles, but Monolith Soft as a whole. I said Shulk, because he is likely to come back to the fifth installment of Super Smash Brothers, but we might get another character from a game that Monolith Soft Owns/Makes.

ToonAdri

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Toonadri
I am not saying Xenoblade Chronicles, but Monolith Soft as a whole. I said Shulk, because he is likely to come back to the fifth installment of Super Smash Brothers, but we might get another character from a game that Monolith Soft Owns/Makes.
mmm...maybe but i think a 2ND xenoblade rep it's more likely.
but seriously i don't want Xenosaga or Xenogears in SSB...

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
mmm...maybe but i think a 2ND xenoblade rep it's more likely.
but seriously i don't want Xenosaga or Xenogears in SSB...
I should have also added a series that Nintendo owns. Since it is unlikely that Nintendo will add Pacman and another character from Bandai Namco into Smash 5 at the same time.

We are more likely to get either:

1. A second XC rep.
  2. XCX rep.
  3. A rep from the newest game that Monolith Soft is making for Nintendo.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Yes. Maybe with another rep. I don't know much about Elma, but she seems important to the seriers...soher.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Shulk is here to stay. Not only is he THE Xenoblade rep, but Sakurai's team apparently worked really hard to get him in the game. Why would they throw away that work next game? We will probably get an X rep too.

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
Yes, Shulk will be to Xenoblades as Mario to Mario, Marth to Fire Emblem, Ness to EarthBound, etc.

Blue Fang

Smash Cadet
NNID
RedIdol82
If and only if he's with a XCX rep. SSB5 is either going to have a XCX rep or have both of them, I hope its the later!

D

Deleted member

Marth is to Fire Emblem as Shulk is to Xenoblade. And Marth has ben in 3 games! Hmmmm… Yeah, Shulk is a lock.

x-Ace-x

Smash Cadet
NNID
x-Ace-x
I think Shulk is here to stay really.
Actually I was thinking about it this morning, and I came to the conclusion that he will stay for many reasons.
As some people said higher in the topic Sakurai worked very hard with MonolithSoft to put him in. He is already a pretty unique character. There is nobody quite like him.
I was watching the E3 Nintendo TreeHouse of the next Xenoblade this morning, Xenoblade X, and one thing I noticed is that the main character is not like Shulk and the first Xenoblade. The main character is a player's creation, at the begining of the game the player create and customize his own character (sexe, skin, voice, hair etc...) so I think Shulk will stay the face of Xenoblade even for the years to come. A bit like Marth is for Fire Emblem.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Personally I think Shulk will stay and if Xenoblade Chronicles X gets a rep it has a very high chance of being a Nopon since they look like they're going to be the "Moogles" of Xenoblade.

Although it should be pointed out that the next Smash Bros probably won't be until 2020 or 2021, so there could be another Xenoblade game by that point.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Threads like this should be locked. This game isn't even out yet, stop with this heedless worrying.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Bit too soon to be determining this. But I think he will stay for SSB6.

Also, I'd probably expect a character from Xenoblade Chronicles X and as for which one, that I cannot say as the game is not out yet.

PS. Just to correct you, I believe Sakurai did state that the 3DS and Wii U versions are literally Smash 4 and 5, if that is right.

Last edited:

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
I'd say Shulk is here to stay. It seems that Nintendo might be trying to push Xenoblade Chronicles as their own equivalent to Final Fantasy (which is rather ironic, considering Xenogears was originally proposed as a concept for Final Fantasy VII), so it would make sense to keep the series original hero on board in Smash Bros. to serve as the face of the franchise, much like how Marth serves as the face of Fire Emblem. for Smash 5 we're most likely going to get Shulk along with an Xenoblade Chronicles X representative (unless there's an even newer Xeno(blade) title made by then). I just hope that if the new Xenoblade character is a Nopon, he/she comes with a Riki alt (eh, if he can already be both an assist trophy and a final smash, why not offer a way for him to be playable as well :p ).

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Lol time for Smash 5 speculation!! (We don't even know if this game will exist yet)

Anyways, I suppose so. Xenoblade X and stuff.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
I'm really feeling Shulk in the next Smash. The Xenoblade franchise logo is the Monado, and the remake makes him technically appear in 2 games (not counting smash). He's got this.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
He'll be in smash 5 sure.
Really doubt a 2nd rep for X though.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Shulk along with most of the cast is guaranteed 5mash. Sakurai said himself he considers Smash 4 the 3DS version, & the WiiU version Smash 5. That said he's absolutely guaranteed 100%
http://kotaku.com/an-in-depth-chat-with-the-genius-behind-super-smash-bro-530744390
Sakurai: No, actually, there was never any consideration to having him in previous games, and if you think about it, there hasn't been really a precedent for third-party characters joining other than very special cases like Sonic, during the last game. It's something that wasn't even possible. We're now going into versions four and five within the series—this is only something that's now possible.
Kotaku: When you say four and five, do you mean the 3DS and Wii U versions? Those are separate?
Sakurai: Yeah, exactly.

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
If the arbitrary "Marth will be replaced by Chrom/Lucina!" arguments prove anything, "Shulk will be replaced by the most recent protagonist!" will doom itself to repeat history.

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
If the arbitrary "Marth will be replaced by Chrom/Lucina!" arguments prove anything, "Shulk will be replaced by the most recent protagonist!" will doom itself to repeat history.
Only this time it's looking to be even more ridiculous, as it doesn't look like anyone in X will even play like Shulk due to the lack of the Monado. Shulk's in Smash for the long haul now. At this rate, I can't wait to main him in Smash 10!

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Shulk is essentially the "Marth" of Xenoblade. He'll be back in the next Smash, and the next Smash, and the next.

Xigger

Smash Lord
My thoughts about cutting characters goes back to Sakurai's quote on "what a character adds to the game", and a stat-changing character like Shulk seems especially unique to me. But of course, we can't tell which characters are appreciated and will be wanted to return until AFTER the game is played.

(But we CAN tell which franchises Nintendo will force Sakurai to advertise)

D

Deleted member

Isn't a bit too early to discuss Smash 5? Hahaha!
Anyways, I think Shulk is here to stay. He'll be the Marth of Xenoblade; the famous protagonist from the first game. Seeing as how Nintendo is promoting Xenoblade Chronicles lately with the New 3DS version and X, I can see ourselves get another Xenoblade rep in the next game alongside Shulk.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Isn't still too early to think about Smash Bros. 5, assuming if there is gonna be one?

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I feel this thread should be locked because 5mash is the WiiU version. Any character that's confirmed this far is already 110% for the 3ds Sm4sh & WiiU's 5mash. My past post here elaborated on that.

EDIT: But for the OP's sake, I'd like it to be Reyn Time!:awesome:

Last edited:

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG
I feel this thread should be locked because 5mash is the WiiU version. Any character that's confirmed this far is already 110% for the 3ds Sm4sh & WiiU's 5mash. My past post here elaborated on that.

EDIT: But for the OP's sake, I'd like it to be Reyn Time!:awesome:
Just because Sakurai said that he considers the WiiU version Smash 5, doesn't mean that I, or other people, do. They were announced at the same time, they get updated at the same time, and have the same exact roster. To me, both versions are Smash 4.

Saying a thread should be locked just because you don't consider the WiiU version as Smash 4 as well comes off as really rude.

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Just because Sakurai said that he considers the WiiU version Smash 5, doesn't mean that I, or other people, do. They were announced at the same time, they get updated at the same time, and have the same exact roster. To me, both versions are Smash 4.

Saying a thread should be locked just because you don't consider the WiiU version as Smash 4 as well comes off as really rude.
That's fine if you don't consider it, more power to you guys. But Smash 3DS & Smash WiiU are different games. They can have the same content & were announced together, but they don't have the same full stage layout, graphics, or the same control variety. They aren't released at the same time, making Smash WiiU the later version, not to mention you can't be on the 3DS & play against anyone from the WIiU. If we're not able to cross-platform play between the versions playing on equal ground, then I wouldn't think they're the same game.
I apologize for coming off as rude (didn't mean to). I don't know about "really rude" unless it rubbed you that wrongly. I just feel that way. Implying that Smash 3DS & Smash WiiU are both Sm4sh, then it seems much too soon to think about 5mash when they're at least 2 - 7 years apart. I won't take it any further in this convo.
For the OP, yes I do think that shulk will return in ssb5.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
This reminds me of those "Will Marth be in Brawl" threads.

Shulk is basically XenoMarth as far as Smash.

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
I don't really see why he wouldn't, seeing as how he is currently the only Xenoblade rep in the series. With the upcoming Xenoblade X and all, the series won't really be forgotten so there's no real reason for him to be cut.

Top Bottom