• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you know anyone famous?

Negi-Kun

Smash Lord
Sort of. My aunt used to have a friend who was friends with John Cena like forever ago. So I got to meet him twice before he was like wicked popular in the WWE scene. (2004-ish) He's a cool guy.

But I don't like him for making WWE as kid-focused as it is today. Ugh. :mad::mad::mad:

Edit: I forgot about this. Sully from Godsmack comes down to the Texas Roadhouse (its a restaurant, idk if its a local or nation-wide thing or not) regularly. I swear, 4/5 times I'm there, he is. Must be his favorite place or something. One day I walk up to him like it was my first time seeing him there all like "Hey, aren't you Sully?!" He's like "Yeah, you a fan" or something like that. So we just kinda talk for a few minutes. We aren't really "friends" but whenever we're there together we just talk then and go our separate ways. :p

SmashCentralOfficial

Voice of SmashCentralOfficial
Russel Peters used to be considered "family" by my friend.

...Well...I guess he was a close family friend. Apparently he came to family gatherings and stuff, birthdays, etc. But once he got famous he stopped, and now they kinda hate him. =P

Also, my girlfriend is related to the drummer of Billy Talent somehow. I think they're second cousins or something, although he doesn't know of her existence...well, he might, but they've never had any sort of personal contact. Her parents also founded 241 Pizza, but I don't think that makes them Celebrities LOL.

I'll post more later if I can remember others.

Edit: I don't know why I didn't think of this before, but probably because he's not a celebrity. I'm friends with Dave from the radio station Z 103.5 He does the morning show. Also, my sister and her circle of friends used to hang out with the drummer from Our Lady Peace.

My bands going to be famous some day too, so grab on now while you have the chance guys! LOL!

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I went to the same school as Rihanna and her brother but I only talked to her brother a few times.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
my stepdad is a master of kum sung taekwondo and also retired airforce and trained with chuck norris a lot. he has more than a few signed pictures of the two of them together, both in suit and ties and then also in training clothing. Grand Master Kum Sung, my stepdad's instructor and close friend, also did a lot of work as Splinter in the live action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movies, working stunts and helping the fight stuff.

Hobs

Smash Journeyman
Ummm...distantly...
some friends go to the school Billy Talent members went to...

My old math teacher was friends with Kris Draper and baby-sat his kids.

That's all I can think of for now.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I've talked to Dan Brown multiple times, he graduated from my high school and would come back every year to talk to the students.

Mark Zuckenberg also went to my high school and he came and spoke at the school once. Wasn't a very good speaker though...

I also had a friend back in like middle school who said that his grandma was best buddies with will smiths mom, and that he got to go to the Smith's family's bday parties. I didn't believe him at first until he showed me a couple of pics of him with Will Smith.

n88

Smash Lord
I have a friend who claims that he's related to the guy who invented chocolate chip cookies.

Aside from that, I think I'm a descendant of some long-dead famous British criminal.

M.K

Level 55
I know Tyler Hansbrough, Ty Lawson, Marcus Ginyard, Danny Green, and Mike Coplin from the UNC Basketball Team. My sister is good friends with them and I'm over at her house alot to see them.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
My aunt is a relativly famous Irish actress.

Ger Ryan is her name and she has her own wikipedia.(For those interested)

She did intermission with Colin Farrell.

Also my great grandfather was one of the head men behind the 1916 Irish Easter rising.His name was Eamon Kent.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
well one of my teachers auditioned for american idol. didnt make it though

i got an autograph from daddy yankee (i really hate him my friend just really wanted me to get one)

hmmmmmmm i think thats it

ps. by the way now that we are talking about famous people i wanted to know if there was any way i could look at my family tree online just in case one of my ancestors was famous. every time i go to one they dont show my ancestor (or me by the way) and they say that they couldnt find him/her. i dont know if you have to register or something

slave1

Smash Lord
ps. by the way now that we are talking about famous people i wanted to know if there was any way i could look at my family tree online just in case one of my ancestors was famous. every time i go to one they dont show my ancestor (or me by the way) and they say that they couldnt find him/her. i dont know if you have to register or something
the LDS church has a flippen ton of things on genealogy so you might be able to find something through them.

a local journalist,big budda, (he has huge hands) lives in my neighborhood along with Sean White, the gold medalist and x games guy. he could have moved though.

DUB

Smash Lord
I know Tyler Hansbrough, Ty Lawson, Marcus Ginyard, Danny Green, and Mike Coplin from the UNC Basketball Team. My sister is good friends with them and I'm over at her house alot to see them.
Nice. UNC all dai.

I know Julius Peppers. I met him several times at UNC during football season and randomly at an airport. He would remember me if he saw me.

Tacel

Smash Lord
My sisters boyfriend is related to the guy that shot Abe Lincoln.
my 4th grade math teacher is related to Abe Lincoln.
*Dials phone*
Hollywood? I have an idea for a new movie. It's called Relatives Re-enact History.
When a boyfriend's 4th grade math teacher makes him redo 4th grade, boyfriend seeks revenge! Fast forward 20 years later, when 4th grade math teacher becomes president of the United States, boyfriend plans to assassinate him/her. BUT WAIT! At the end, there's a twist! We find out that the boyfriend is related to John Wilkes Booth, and that the 4th grade math teacher is related to Abe Lincoln! There you go. Oh yeah, and make it a Romantic Comedy.
*Hangs up*

GTA_Hater_331

Smash Journeyman
I never asked anyone this question, so I don't know anyone famous, nor am I related to any celebrities. My great-grandparents were in the bottom social class, IIRC. The closest I've ever come to such a thing was my dad's friend claiming to be friends with a man affiliated with a member of Quiet Riot.

I have more potential for fortune than fame.

★Malik★™

Smash Ace
naw not me

my 7th grade teacher told me that
everyone is connected to the president somehow

through something..it was like a 8 person chain or something

like you know someone, that knows someone, that knows someone, ect

that knows the president....

but that's kinnd of eh old though...and cartoony..

kinda

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
John Edwards Booth?
*Wilkes

I'm good friends with a lot of influential players in the paintball community, mainly Oliver Lang and Brian Cole.

And I was actually right behind John Cena at a Wal-Mart about a month ago. He bought about 15 Hot Wheels cars and some milk.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Im so pathetic... I only know one famous person (who I really hate) for an autograph and I know for a fact that all my friends arent related to a famous person one way or another. And that person I mentioned? Daddy Yankee all I got his autograph for was for Ebay. Let say I made a ****load of money in that site

Does a letter from bush count as knowing someone famous? All I got it for was for good grades

day-day

Smash Ace
Im so pathetic... I only know one famous person (who I really hate) for an autograph and I know for a fact that all my friends arent related to a famous person one way or another. And that person I mentioned? Daddy Yankee all I got his autograph for was for Ebay. Let say I made a ****load of money in that site

Does a letter from bush count as knowing someone famous? All I got it for was for good grades
Lol Idk cause I've gotten the same letter before as well. I already knew it wasn't really from Bush it just had his signature on it.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Where I used to live in Mexico City, the house next to us for some reason would always be inhabited by famous soccer players. One is now the Director for the Mexican National team, another one we know is in the Italian national team.
Most of the famous people ive met have been soccer players:ohwell:

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
*Wilkes

I'm good friends with a lot of influential players in the paintball community, mainly Oliver Lang and Brian Cole.

And I was actually right behind John Cena at a Wal-Mart about a month ago. He bought about 15 Hot Wheels cars and some milk.
Wow looks like John Cena has an obsession with hot wheels doesnt he?:rotfl:

I have had the honour of having my father meet Prince Charles of England.
We have also seen Her Majesty the Queen driving by us.

I have also seen the Sultan of Oman in person. What an incredible experience I have had with royalty...
But no one other than that.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Oh god I remember people crowding J. timberlake once at the mall. I really hate him but I remember getting a glimpse of his face. Does that count? lol

Richie3341

Smash Rookie
Well my friend's cousin's boyfriend was the guy who played Superman in Superman Returns i think his name was Brandon Routh.

and I talk to a country singer all the time on tagged and yahoo IM his name is Marc Fox hes pretty well known in a few states he has a website with pics of me on it (marc-fox.com) pretty nar nar and i was offered a contract from his caompany ting for my singing which there are vids also on the site so yea one day i mite be famous C:

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Oh I got one. Does having your aunt being mayor of a city count as famous. Caus yeah my aunt was mayor of a city in Costa Rica

D13

Smash Ace
I've met Austin Carty from Survivor: Panama, and my parents met James Doohan once at a winery. I wish I could say more.

Top Bottom