• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do the physics on FLUDD need adjusted?

Vidd

Smash Cadet
I've noticed in a lot of matches that FLUDD only sends the opponent upwards because it's adding to their vertical momentum. In most cases, I don't think this has any benefit for Mario.

Do the physics for FLUDD need adjusted slightly to compensate for this? Or is this desirable in some cases?

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
The physics definitely seem counterintuitive at first, but the important aspect is killing horizontal momentum. Even if they push up (which is not what we want), we can still attack from underneath. As long as our target is unable to do what they want it continues to be an advantage for us.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I thought the purpose of F.L.U.D.D. was to **** up physics? You want to readjust the physics of something supposed to readjust someone else's physics?

EZdelFresco

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaliKid_E
F.L.U.D.D. is fine as is. It's reasonable and situational for me. If it could just rocket people horizontally, there would be a new army of Mario mains just edge camping, back throwing and then F.L.U.D.D.'ing people into oblivion.

Vidd

Smash Cadet
I'm not not saying that it needs to rocket people horizontally. I'm not even necessarily saying that horizontal physics need to be adjusted.

It's having characters being shot up, aiding their recovery and making their landing more ambiguous with which I have an issue.

Top Bottom