• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do People Ditto You On For Glory?

Pikalink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shining-Chi
3DS FC
1547-5757-5622
A and B I'm pretty sure has never happened. I've had C happen quite a bit and I would say the W/L for those are 50/50. Also, if I may add a "D" option to this discussion, "have you even been beaten by someone using your main while you're fooling around and decide to switch to your main to show them who's the boss? I'm sure it happens to all of us, but I'm curious to see what comes from this. =)

Uhh, I'm not 100% sure, but I'm pretty positive I just saw myself get absolutely wrecked in the Wii U Ganondorf disrespect video. Watching that Weegee get destroyed gave me this strange feeling of nostalgia O_o.
Ohh I forgot about the other way around. Yeah I'll add a D option then. I thought I had all the situations covered.:dr^_^:

Morbi

Scavenger
No, not really. I have yet to encounter anyone willing to switch to Falco. If I did though, I would probably just switch to Fox after that. I am not a big fan of mirror matches. It is always a 6-4 MU in favor of whoever I am up against. :awesome:

TotallyNotMikey

Smash Cadet
Warrington, Cheshire, North West of England.
I only ever found TWO decent Shulk users in FG.
"Vanilla Shulk, Backslash only, Final Destination."
Maybe one was me :O. I usually stick to Vanilla Shulk until stock 2, where I begin to weigh up my options on what arts I could use to keep an advantage.

Literally every other Shulk is 'BUSTER' as soon as you begin :c

And they wonder why they get KO'd early.

RBreadsticks

Smash Apprentice
Got Rob dittoed yesterday. The guy was definetly better than me he beat me pretty decidedly in Rob vs bowser jr. Then he switched to Rob for the salty or im better than you ditto. It came down to last stock he had me up in percent followed me off stage real deep and tried to up air me, he fell to his death while I casually flew back to ledge :).

Comet Knight

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ben.Y32
3DS FC
2208-6123-2254
A happens to me all the time because people think Villager is just lloid spam and tree camping. I generally play an offensive Villager and it pisses me off becauseit comes off as "the character you play is super easy and I could do so much better, you aren't all that good." Then I kick their :GCA::201s::201s: and leave. B has happened twice, 1 guy I think he maimed Villager and we were about the same skill level and the other one is just like what happens all the time to me with A, therefore just giving me a win.

Squaddle

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gaulderdash
As a samus main I have fought less than 15 dittos in at least 1000 online matches on the Wii U & 3ds...

Worst part is that only four of them were actually any good! The rest were spamus or counterpicked to samus after losing to try and make a point or something and still lost.

Saclam

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Boofa_man
3DS FC
1719-4228-9638
I usually expect a ditto whenever I play a marth online,i beat them then they immediately pick lucina.i don't get to play dittos that often since marth and lucina's are not common online at all.

Pikalink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shining-Chi
3DS FC
1547-5757-5622
Maybe one was me :O. I usually stick to Vanilla Shulk until stock 2, where I begin to weigh up my options on what arts I could use to keep an advantage.

Literally every other Shulk is 'BUSTER' as soon as you begin :c

And they wonder why they get KO'd early.
I don't think so. One went to speed as so as the match started and the other one I friended is female.
I'm more of a speed at the beginning of a match user. Helps grab the momentum quicker.

Last edited:

NovemberMan

Smash Apprentice
As an amateur, yes. And B. has happened to me on many occasions. Because of it, I have mixed feelings toward dittos.

Last month, this one dude was giving me a hard time with a lot of characters. He eventually tried to give me a Palutena ditto, but I switched to Duck Hunt. Through an SD from his part, I beat his Palutena with Duck Hunt, but on the rematch, he beat my Duck Hunt (I was terrible with Duck Hunt anyway, which made it all the more embarrassing), while taunting for every KO he got. After a few more matches, he finally struck me with a Falco ditto and to my dismay, I lost (it was close though, and I made him stop taunting after he got the 1st KO). Fortunately, however, he didn't leave. Still using Falco, he then switched to Yoshi which scared me at first, but at the same time I was still kind of pissed that he beat me in the Falco ditto that I didn't even care anymore. As I expected, he pretty much had me with one stock left and 84% of damage, and he still had 2 stocks with high damage as well. However, I still beat him, thankfully, because after that he pretty much left. So at least I was able to give him a piece of my mind.

Metalex

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mettalex
3DS FC
2509-3509-1078
I main Captain Falcon so of course i have been in more ditto matches than i could ever count, though i understand why the opponent might choose Falcon against me since the Falcon ditto matchup is some of the most fun you can have in this game.

As my other mains i haven't been in many dittos at all though, maybe only twice with Bowser Jr and a handful of times with R.O.B and one of the times i played at least 20 games with the other person cause we were so even.

Last edited:

Gonzaloren

Smash Rookie
I usually expect a ditto whenever I play a marth online,i beat them then they immediately pick lucina.i don't get to play dittos that often since marth and lucina's are not common online at all.
It`s the opposite for me, they chose marth and when they lose they change to lucina

Last edited:

Pikalink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shining-Chi
3DS FC
1547-5757-5622
Welp had a strange ditto happen twice today. One person was playing Dark Pit and two playing Pit. Twice in one day.:awesome:

Storm Erion

Smash Cadet
People always want to prove that Link is an easy character so they either choose him or Toon Link if I end up beating them the first time around, but not before calling me a scrub or something like that.

Herr Director

Smash Rookie
NNID
Herr_Director
A has happened the most, especially with Ike/Shulk/Zero Suit Samus. I've had one or two occasions where the dittoing was actually justified, and they put on a good fight as a result; but mostly I think they've done it to gain a win without much practice with the actual character, a conclusion I come to when I end up beating them.

Shadow23

Smash Cadet
NNID
OmegaShadow23
3DS FC
1091-8017-0832
I usually do if I want to teach a bad player how to actually use that character but that's pretty rare. I also don't get why people want to ditto me after they already know they're better than me. Yeah I get it you won, don't have to rub it in afterwards. This all is just annoying and arrogant to me at least. But hey that's the epitome of For Glory. Spammers and arrogance.

Last edited:

1FC0

Smash Lord
I see so few R.O.B.s. Maybe R.O.B. really is the last of his kind.... =(

tru.

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
Yes... All. The. Time.
I two-stocked someone today with Sheik without taking any damage. Next battle, I'm faced with a Sheik, same color and everything. They camped with Needles but I just punished with Bouncing Fish the whole time to teach them a lesson. :laugh:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I've had a Dark Pit ditto, a Pit vs Dark Pit "Ditto", and a few Link dittos that I can remember.

One time someone copied my Charizard. He flare blitz off the edge. Twice.
I dunno what was up with that. He hadn't spammed with any of the other characters he copied. I guess he just didn't know how to deal with approaching as a heavy weight.

SatoshiM

Smash Cadet
I see so few R.O.B.s. Maybe R.O.B. really is the last of his kind.... =(
We must stand together, brobot.

Though rare, sometime people do choose ROB after me. They usually run away and spam laser/gyro. Not really challenging to deal with...
If they stick around after that I usually switch to someone else though, I'm not much for projectile wars.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
No, but I ditto other people if they happen to be playing as my mains.

Melonfrog

Smash Apprentice
I once encountered another Game and Watch player, we both started out as him and the matches we had were some of the best I have ever played. I lost 80% of them but I learned a lot.

Another mirror match experience is a Charizard Vs Charizard, I was the original Charizard and I strongly believe my opponent picked him out of spite as all he did was Side B. I won, but he was on the results screen for a while so I suspect he was blocking me.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
If I see somebody playing Pit(too) or Palutena and I'm not, I'll switch to that character next match and show 'em what I've got.

You can really tell the difference between a decent Pit(too) and Palutena player and a poor one, so it's nice to be able to share tips with them and help them improve. :3

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I'll ditto someone if they play:4kirby:
But :4link: dittos suck, they can go either way most of the time
I only get mirror matches if I'm messing around with :4shulk:

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
I don't think those moves are disrespectful. If anything, those moves are the best cause when smashers do pull them off its incredible
its "disrespectful" in the sense that, to actually get hit by them, the opponent had to do something very very very very VERY stupid(mostly in in regards to ganondorf's up tilt and warlock punch), practically having to walk right into it.

A player trying to land these ridiculously difficult to hit with moves, are usually doing so because they've already seen enough of their opponent to know they can beat them easily normally, and are at that point not even trying seriously anymore, and rather are just curious if they can actually land a extremely hard to hit with move on em for lolz.

Neiman Doeee

Smash Cadet
NNID
NeimanDoeee
Dittos get me so hype, because its a rare occasion that I lose a Mario ditto. Such a good way to learn the ins and outs of your characters. That being said, it doesn't happen often enough on FG. If I do come across one its most likely teeming of lag :glare:

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
After reading this thread earlier yesterday, I commented. Last night, I had three guys ditto me... I won 2 of them even tho I'm bad in Link dittos. The one I lost was close and I SDed.

Animekey

Smash Cadet
NNID
Animekey
3DS FC
2277-7760-6665
In my Villager ditto matches, most of them were all good with Villager. Usually, it was whoever messed up and was open to an attack. Or, you dared to cut a tree down and play hot potato. That gives me a heart attack more or less.
I play ditto matches on someone for fun, just to see how they would counter their own character. Sometimes it goes awry for them, or it goes very well for the both of us. Also, just spamming taunts during those, especially Shulk or Captain Falcon.

Octagon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Firefly62813
3DS FC
4768-7531-8428
its "disrespectful" in the sense that, to actually get hit by them, the opponent had to do something very very very very VERY stupid(mostly in in regards to ganondorf's up tilt and warlock punch), practically having to walk right into it.

A player trying to land these ridiculously difficult to hit with moves, are usually doing so because they've already seen enough of their opponent to know they can beat them easily normally, and are at that point not even trying seriously anymore, and rather are just curious if they can actually land a extremely hard to hit with move on em for lolz.
Ohhhhhh....well that's just disrespectful haha

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I remember beating this one guy as Rosalina and then he switched to Rosalina, whom I ended up 2-stocking him once again.
And as far as the rest, I rarely get those these days...mainly because I haven't played much of For Glory and I would get so redundant to even go back to it.

Arrei

Smash Lord
I like to do dittos if I catch people using Ike. It's so rare to find other people using my main on FG, maybe we could learn a bit from each other.

Also, I have a higher chance to go ditto against Villagers so we can play hot potato with the tree. But no one has taken me up on my invitation so far. :(

Nexin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nexinitus
It depends on who I'm playing as. If I'm playing Bowser, Ganondorf, or Ike, then I'll usually get a few people who want to ditto me, but if I'm playing Palutena or Olimar, then I'll be lucky to get just one person to ditto me.

Duck SMASH!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
C.Piglet
I don't mind dittos if it's for fun.
And as Captain Falcon I'm used to awesome Falcon dittos.
t I get really pissed when someone who's been beating me consistently switches to my main and beats me again and taunts unnecessarily... that's just salt on the wound, and you're not proving anything except you're a big douchebag. -_-

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
I rarely get a ditto with my pains/secondaries
(Kirby,Peach,Jigglypuff,Zelda,Yoshi)
I main Kirby and Peach mostly while I sometimes go for jiggly and Zelda, but not oftenly Yoshi.
I already see these characters rarely, with mostly Jigglypuff being seen the most,
Much of the time... They are pretty bad and there were few exceptions.
The ones who go Jiggly I do actually ditto for fun.
I generally win a lot because I show them that rest is not useless ;) and because I just love jiggly.

Rinkario

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rinkario253
3DS FC
3780-9024-1899
Yesterday I had a couple of ditto matches with this one guy as Robin. Then I switch to Palutena and in that same match he also thought to used Palutena. Guy must've been psychic.

GameFile

Smash Rookie
I just love dittos - I have days where I just ditto all my opponents on For Glory :D I don't care if he/she thinks it's disrespectful or if I suck with the character - I just wanna have my fun, because it's just For Glory lol.
On the other hand I don't find many people who ditto me - Probably because my mains DHD, Zard and Jr are so rare...

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Had a Dark Pit/Pit ditto match in my 1st FG team battle (the 1st match both teams had a Dark Pit (I was the brown/yellow alt, while my foe had the red alt) we were pretty even (we kept electroshocking 1 another till kingdom come), then someone swappped to Pit and he happened to be paired up with me (while the person who was on the red Dark Pit's team used Jiggs) and went Sudden Death on the Pac-maze stage (the 2 people using Dark Pit/Pit KO'ed each other with their arms which caught me by surprise and led to me getting KO'ed by Jiggs' rollout, seeing that embarrasing moment it should have been me that shoulda KO'ed the red Dark Pit instead of my partner my team probably would have stood a better chance.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom