• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do moves "stale" in PM?

moonfolk

Smash Apprentice
If so, how, why, and to what degree? Can you tell when moves are stale? I've heard that up-b being stale is the reason for Link not being able to bomb jump as effectively. Is that also true? Anything official about stale moves? At what rate do moves become less stale?

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
it works (mostly?) as it did in melee, where the damage stales a certain amount with each use, which affects knockback due to damage being a factor in the knockback formula.

i don't know how much it stales at max or the percent as it goes, but iirc, a move is fully staled after 4 uses.

the way staling/unstaling works is that there is essentially a list in the game's memory that shows the last 9 (is this correct?) moves that connected to an opponent, so not their shield, not whiff. actually hit. as the moves hit, they just move down from slot 1-9 sequentially, so eventually they fall off the list and are no longer used to calculate staleness.

i believe this is correct, but if someone has some data to show it concretely, feel free to put it up.

Top Bottom