• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do CPU levels increase as you continue attempting single player modes?

duckypwns

Smash Cadet
Not continue as in, select continue when you get a gave over, but continue as in, accept the game over and try again (as though you are trying to beat it with no continues)

I play a lot of single player and I personally believe that this is the case. Can someone confirm this?

Silent crisis

Smash Cadet
I do NOt think This is The case. I Believe If you select a level it will not increase in difficulty

brayan

Smash Rookie
i think they do because when im playing training they start counter attack and doing combos and etc

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I don't think they do. It might seem like it to punish you, but apparently you're punished by losing coins and points IIRC.

They feel the same to me.

Splice

Smash Hero
I always though that

Throughout the one match that your a playing in single player, the CPU will learn little things.
Say a level 9 keeps walking into your smash attacks for whatever reason. If you keep doing this it will find a better approach although it takes a while. However I am not sure if it resets every match.

Afropony

Smash Lord
I do NOt think This is The case. I Believe If you select a level it will not increase in difficulty
That's not relly what he means, he's asking whether the computer picks up on little things that you do and then changes the way that they play so that it is different next time although not actually more difficult.

Holty

Smash Apprentice
That's not relly what he means, he's asking whether the computer picks up on little things that you do and then changes the way that they play so that it is different next time although not actually more difficult.
Ahh, I misread the OP's post... :laugh:

Silent crisis

Smash Cadet
Oh sorry I Misread. Okay then I may have to Say yes. It seems the characters do actually play "smart". If i do some Trick a Few times they do catch on and stop falling for it

Paladin77

Smash Journeyman
Oh sorry I Misread. Okay then I may have to Say yes. It seems the characters do actually play "smart". If i do some Trick a Few times they do catch on and stop falling for it
Like one time, i was gannon trying to kill 2 lvl 9 falcons with just neutral b. They ran into it the first few matches, so i won. But after that, it was incredibly tough to hit them with neutral b, And they started to use their falcon punch more.

CPs do adapt

Terrador14

Smash Apprentice
Funny enough, my CPU's have started teabagging. No joke. Seriously, it's crazy. THEY TEABAG.

sman5093

Smash Apprentice
I don't think so, but it could be true. when i battled luigi on lv.9 i beat him easily the first few times but then suddenly he could dodge the attacks like never before. He knocked me from the stage and when i wanted to recover he hang onto the ledge!!

Top Bottom