• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
why are people suddenly saying doomguy doesnt have a chance

did something happen
Not suddenly at all. Ever since that interview, Doom Slayer's chance was shot down dead.
And go argue against those who bring Japan argument. Since it's Nintendo Japan picking the roster, it's highly unlikely that they will pick someone who has no appeal in Japan. Not my argument.

Dukefire

Smash Master
I still wonder why we Smash fans trust leaks from 4chan and go mad and rabid over it when it was fake or doesn't happen?
Burning some time away. Patience is becoming impatience slowly with each passing day.

Which is going to be the biggest storm once we arrive to the Final Destination in one of these three categories from the image from twitter.
E325vpLX0AopCwc.jpeg

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I think the Ahri charms would be really hard to balance in Smash. Being able to pretty much control your opponents movement would be extremely strong in a platform fighting game, especially in a game like Smash where you can charge your Smash attacks while your opponents is just walking slowly towards you.
It would probably either last half a second or be percent based and do basically nothing until high percents. It would also be semi-difficult to land in most scenarios.

I still wonder why we Smash fans trust leaks from 4chan and go mad and rabid over it when it was fake or doesn't happen?
We...don't?

Some people look for them for entertainment, but they don't get mad when it's inevitably disproven. In fact those that do actually care about leaks go in expecting them to be fake.

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
I'll update when I figure out how to add in the Autoplay

But use this link

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – The Final “Mr. Sakurai Presents” - Nintendo Switch - YouTube

Or if you want to do it yourself, go to the Sakurai Presents video, perhaps bookmark it for later. When you go to the video, go to the Sharing option and Click on Embed. You should see something like this

It's the youtube link, but it's changed to have Embed in it. This will put the Video on Full Screen

From there, if you on Phone, click on the Screen to have it play, if it's on Computer, Click on the video to have it Play. Also make sure after you hear the Video playing, don't move or click anything else (try and put the Mouse cursor in the Middle so it's not hovering over the Options at the bottom, and wait like 5-10 seconds.

The reason to the that is because Nintendo is likely gonna update the Video with the name of who the Character is, and we don't want that

Hopefully, Someone will make a version of the video to not spoil it in advance, after the video is done. but you would have to wait for after the presentation is done and go look it up without coming across the Character's Name. I either suggest going on Smash Reddit, or maybe Smashboards will have a thread that put's spoiler tag on everything for those that can't make the viewing live
This sounds like it could work. What's been Nintendo's previous policy on the Sakurai Presents livestreams? Like if I click on that link in your post after the event already airs, will the thumbnail spoil me or is the regular Youtube upload of the presentation just going to be a different video entirely and the actual livestream will be unlisted?

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
This sounds like it could work. What's been Nintendo's previous policy on the Sakurai Presents livestreams? Like if I click on that link in your post after the event already airs, will the thumbnail spoil me or is the regular Youtube upload of the presentation just going to be a different video entirely and the actual livestream will be unlisted?
They made a version with auto play:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I hate even when people joke about stuff like that. It’s not funny and I’m sick of it. I’m tired of these jokes about his status in smash.
I'm sorry madam. I have sinned. I have seen the glorious god that is funny purple guy's mustache and will now convert others to join our cul-cause.

zumaddy

Smash Ace
I checked what time the Smash presentation will be on for me in Australia and it's midnight on the dot. Beautiful.

Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
10:00 AM for me.
I'll be in the middle of an Electric Circuits lab but I'll try to watch it with my friend until AT LEAST we know who the fighter is lol.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
It is officially October for me and other east coast people. Gonna be a exciting week. Now all I have to do is avoid Dread Video leaks. Don't think I can stop myself from reading text leaks though.

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
It is officially October for me and other east coast people. Gonna be a exciting week. Now all I have to do is avoid Dread Video leaks. Don't think I can stop myself from reading text leaks though.
Thanks for reminding me that I need to get my new PFP ready. I've got the picture all nice and installed, now I just have to crop and apply it everywhere.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Honestly though I find it much more respectable when people just don't want a character simply because they don't want or like them.
What if I just don't want Waluigi AND I have good reasons why he shouldn't be in?

If you have to do mental gymnastics to disqualify a character, that's pretty cringe ngl
Does "his series is stupid and Nomura ruined Final Fantasy!" count as mental gymnastics?

Barf.

Bye, nerds!
/waves

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Does "his series is stupid and Nomura ruined Final Fantasy!" count as mental gymnastics?
I don't think he was attacking people who simply didn't like the character, in fact both him and the user he was replying to said that was perfectly fine. What he was saying is stupid is when people who obviously don't like the character come up with all sorts of excuses why they "objectively" can't be in, instead of just coming out and saying they don't like the character/series.

You know, like you just did.

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I didn't want Steve at all. One of the few characters I genuinely truly disliked. Then it happened. I was like, oh...I know why, but why tho???

Next character on that list is Fortnite guy. Genuinely do not want him, but I'd get why he's in. Although my reaction would be more laughter than anything. Jonesy Fortnite and Amogus mii costume LESSS GOOOOO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom