• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Why would he not shoot down Waluigi though? He's implying that Waluigi has a higher chance than Master Chief and Crash who are 2 heavily speculated characters.

That's the only thing I brought up, I wasn't even talking about the arguments against Waluigi. Just the fact that Nate considers him a possibility.
He could just think that he's the only one out of the three that is likely/possible.

Last edited:

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I personally would rather find out about new game news through the actual trailers themselves than some plain text. The wait is annoying and all, but if stuff gets leaked, you're still waiting for the trailer to drop. So its a wait either way. I'd rather wait for new stuff than something I already know.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Sorry to derail this even further but it really seems like a Waluigi leak to me.

First he says he knows characters in advance

Second he says Waluigi has a percentage of a chance (while also shooting down other characters)

Third he says it is wise to expect someone nobody else is expecting

That kinda sounds more like a super unexpected character when you toss in that last part tbh.

Waluigi still has a very strong and vocal fanbase online, so I wouldn't call him 'unexpected', even if the small amount of users here think he's not super likely.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
He could just think that he's the only one out of the three that is likely/possible.
And he is someone with inside information, this tweet came after he said that he knows some characters in advance. I don't know why he would publicly say that Waluigi has a chance of coming to the game if he really doesn't. If he was just likely/possible I don't know why he would say this at all.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
And he is someone with inside information, this tweet came after he said that he knows some characters in advance. I don't know why he would publicly say that Waluigi has a chance of coming to the game if he really doesn't.
Mate, I get you're excited, but let's all take a step back and look over all the info.

Waluigi has a chance, yeah, absolutely.

But Nate really ain't a Smash leaker, and PracticalBrush12, the guy who leaks entire Directs, usually in order, can't get Smash info anymore.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
That kinda sounds more like a super unexpected character when you toss in that last part tbh.

Waluigi still has a very strong and vocal fanbase online, so I wouldn't call him 'unexpected', even if the small amount of users here think he's not super likely.
Waluigi supporters don't think he's coming to the game, Waluigi haters don't think he's coming to the game. I've seen tweets everywhere with 100's of likes saying Waluigi won't be in Smash, almost every time he's brought up on almost every board people mention how unlikely he is due to various fan rules. There's a news article like every week talking about how Waluigi won't come to Smash, he even had a fan trailer with 2 million views because people really don't think he'll come to the game.

He's a heavily requested character, but not a predicted one.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
And he is someone with inside information, this tweet came after he said that he knows some characters in advance. I don't know why he would publicly say that Waluigi has a chance of coming to the game if he really doesn't. If he was just likely/possible I don't know why he would say this at all.
shrugs

It's easier to figure out who it isn't than who it is. Perhaps he knows that Nintendo hasn't made any deals with ActivisionBlizzard or any extra deals with Microsoft. He could also just think that it's so unlikely that it's not worth entertaining.

Shroob

Sup?
Waluigi supporters don't think he's coming to the game, Waluigi haters don't think he's coming to the game. I've seen tweets everywhere with 100's of likes saying Waluigi won't be in Smash, almost every time he's brought up on almost every board people mention how unlikely he is due to various fan rules. There's a news article like every week talking about how Waluigi won't come to Smash, he even had a fan trailer with 2 million views because people really don't think he'll come to the game.

He's a heavily requested character, but not a predicted one.
That sounds more like people WANT him to come to the game tbh.

Invisible Shiny Bulbasaur

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BigUglyMan-Doll
It's a little bittersweet knowing that soon SSBU speculation season will be over.
Wondering who's next has been fun, but I'm also looking forward to just enjoying the game, unlocking the last few spirits and knowing that it's finally complete.

It's been such a wild ride that I honestly don't even know what to expect tomorrow.

For me, the general theme of fighters pass 2 thus far has been fighters from games that I thought were extremely likely to have content in base or pass 1, but had stopped actively predicting by the time they were revealed and so ended up being surprised, anyway.

Sometime between E3 and TGA 2018, I jotted down a list of predictions in my notes app.
I predicted Tekken and new FFVII content for the base game, and that the first five DLC packs would consist of Xenoblade 2 (Rex & Pyra/Mythra), ARMS (Spring Man and/or Ribbon Girl), Minecraft (Steve / Alex), Fire Emblem: Three Houses (Byleth), and Pokémon (Gen 8).

Of course, the only one of those that actually happened during the first pass was Byleth.
Piranha Plant completely took me by surprise, and as for Joker, I never saw it coming. After initially expecting Dragon Quest content in the base game, Hero was an obvious choice (though I figured it'd be either Erdrick or Eleven, not both of them plus Solo and Eight).
Banjo & Kazooie were my absolute most wanted, but I didn't dare to hope they'd make the roster before Steve.
Terry was a character I had never considered prior to the SNK leak.

The second pass has felt like a remix of my early predictions. We got Min-Min instead of Spring Man and/or Ribbon Girl, Steve after Banjo, Sephiroth along with the FF content I would have expected in the base game, Pyra and Mythra as fighters on their own instead of the reverse-Pokémon-Trainer setup I expected for Rex, and Kazuya instead of Heihachi or Jin, a full year after the Mii-hachi disconfirmation.

If that remix-of-old-predictions theme holds true to the end, I suppose the next fighter would have to be a Pokémon, but not one I expected.

But it could really be anyone. Euden, Arle, Crash, Rayman, Hayabusa, Phoenix. I could go on.

I'd be ecstatic if it were the Doom Slayer or Dixie Kong. Those might be the last two characters (not including assists) that would make me jump out of my chair and cheer. But at this point, I'm so happy with the roster that I think I'll be okay with anything.

The best thing about the DLC so far is how unexpected much of it has been. Lots of these characters have been dark horses that seem obvious in hindsight.
If I had to throw out a few predictions, I might say Pokemon, Splatoon, Fortnite, or Undertale seem likely as the final challenger pack.
But honestly, now that we're here, I just don't care as much about who the last fighter actually is, or whether I was right, as much as I care about being surprised. As long as I'm surprised, I'll consider it a fitting end to a great ride.

Here's to Super Smash Bros.

Last edited:

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Mate, I get you're excited, but let's all take a step back and look over all the info.

Waluigi has a chance, yeah, absolutely.

But Nate really ain't a Smash leaker, and PracticalBrush12, the guy who leaks entire Directs, usually in order, can't get Smash info anymore.
What makes him "not a leaker" I know he's had correct inside info in the past. He claims that he's known a lot of the Smash characters in advance. So why can his claim that "Waluigi has a chance" not be believed?

It really seems like leakers are only true when people want to believe the info that they are sharing. If Nate said this about Crash people would lose their minds. The fact that he acknowledges Waluigi is a possibility for the last character definitely should mean something considering how much the community believes he won't come to the game. He wouldn't acknowledge a character so unanimously agreed on as unlikely as a possibility if he didn't have reason to believe he could come to the game.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
What makes him "not a leaker" I know he's had correct inside info in the past. He claims that he's known a lot of the Smash characters in advance. So why can his claim that "Waluigi has a chance" not be believed?
I don't think anyone doubts Waluigi has a chance(Well, I don't, but I also think anything's likely).

But he's also saying Waluigi has a chance, not that he's confirmed.

Let's take a step back and put the champagne and hookers away until the party actually starts.

Nate's like, never leaked Smash info, period. He's leaked games yes, but Smash? No. And considering PracticalBrush12, the guy who actually has a flawless record pretty much has told us straight out how hard it is to get Smash info nowadays, consider me wary.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I immediately disregard any "Leak" that is just the person listing off things that aren't in or things that could be in without ever directly saying who is in. Those are like the epitome of Attention seeking.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
So why can his claim that "Waluigi has a chance" not be believed?
No insiders in their right mind, even more someone like Nate who has close tie to Nintendo and review codes would openly says.
"Yeah, X character has a chance" and then have X character happens.
Nintendo Ninja's are real

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
No insiders in their right mind, even more someone like Nate who has close tie to Nintendo and review codes would openly says.
"Yeah, X character has a chance" and then have X character happens.
Nintendo Ninja's are real
As long as it's just a text post with vague wording, Nintendo won't care. Which makes me almost believe his tweet was intentionally worded to make Waluigi seem only like a slight possibility. He's one of the only commonly talked about characters he didn't completely shut down.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I've got no real solid expectations for the last fighter and I like it better that way. Keeps me from getting emotional about it one way or the other, if it's someone I don't care for then I go back to business as usual and if it's someone who blows me away then I'll be extremely happy and excited again. To be honest it hardly feels like we may be reaching the end of this (very long) chapter tomorrow and I haven't really processed that yet.

If you held me at gunpoint I'd still say a sort of lowkey character from Sega or Capcom seem like the safest options to get new characters. Still not feeling any first parties really, but always kinda silly to count that possibility out. Honestly I'm not even convinced we'll see the final character tomorrow and might just get an announcement for Sakurai's final presentation instead.

If you hold the gun even closer to my head and ask me to make a decision, I might tell you Phoenix Wright. Then I'd probably get shot... but that seems pretty reasonable to me right now. My heart will always say Arle but I don't trust it.

Last edited:

rychu_supadude

Smash Journeyman
sees Direct announcement (lttp)

AAAAH

AAAAAAAAH

AAAAAAAAAAAAH

It's been a hell of a ride, but I can't wait for it to be over!

...now I need to stop dragging my heels on getting my SD slot repaired so that I can actually play the damn game 🥴

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
As I've said before, always be mindful of (even unintentionally) painting bullseyes around arrows that have already been shot. It's remarkably easy to make conclusions about one's most wanted and conclude certain observations are evidence when it's in service to games or characters that are of personal interest.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
For the record, I think it's entirely believable, just has a high chance to be pure speculation. Perhaps more informed speculation compared to the rest of us, but still just speculation.
Even if it is that, I'll take "informed speculation" as a good sign for Waluigi coming to the game.

Technomage

Smash Champion
Our track record with PotD conspiracies are

Let's just say

Not good.

I remember when Arle was likely for the 2019 TGA due to a rando PotD Sakurai posted.
Can I see the pic you're talking about? It'd be fun to dissect it and learn how someone crafted that theory.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Maybe they're not technically leaks, but both Kazuya and Pyra were hinted at in private discord servers. A twitter user with Monolith Soft connections knew of Pyra a week in advance and brought them up when they otherwise never talk about them, and Kazuya was hinted at on a friend's server of all things by someone spamming the Tekken 1 ending of Kazuya's face leading up to E3.

So there ARE leaks, they're just not being shared with you or me. Except this one. Master Chief.

Shroob

Sup?
Maybe they're not technically leaks, but both Kazuya and Pyra were hinted at in private discord servers. A twitter user with Monolith Soft connections knew of Pyra a week in advance and brought them up when they otherwise never talk about them, and Kazuya was hinted at on a friend's server of all things by someone spamming the Tekken 1 ending of Kazuya's face leading up to E3.

So there ARE leaks, they're just not being shared with you or me. Except this one. Master Chief.
Wait

How do you know this info?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom