• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
This is the first Bamco DLC character we've ever gotten.
We don't know if we'll get ONLY Bamco costumes or if we'll get a mixx of Bamco costumes and non-banco costumes.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I wonder if there’s any chance that Nintendo/Sakurai is not currently planning on any more DLC but decide to make more later after taking some time off (maybe a year or so). It’s kind of sad that there’s only one character left but so many great options that won’t make it.

Technomage

Smash Champion
I wonder if there’s any chance that Nintendo/Sakurai is not currently planning on any more DLC but decide to make more later after taking some time off (maybe a year or so). It’s kind of sad that there’s only one character left but so many great options that won’t make it.
Because of Japanese work culture, Sakurai and Nintendo will never be taking any time off work. However, maybe they could take time off from the next Smash game (as in Sakurai working on a different game before moving onto the next Smash)?

Also, Sakurai can still stay true to his words about not working on Ultimate DLC after FP2 finishes, while having someone else take his place and make more DLC for the game.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
I'm definitely expecting at least 2/3rds of the Mii Costumes in this wave being from Bamco.
Me too
In fact I'll throw in my Mii predictions now

Lloyd - Swordfighter
Scorpion - Swordfighter (surprised as hell not as many people are predicting this one)
Sol Badguy - Swordfighter
Nightmare - Swordfighter
Yoshimitsu - Swordfighter
KOS-MOS - Gunner
Jin - Brawler
Chun-Li - Brawler
King (Tekken) Hat

I'm also predicting a deluxe Mii this time. We haven't had one since Round 7:
The Knight - Swordfighter
MAYBE a FNAF Brawler costume
Shovel Knight - Swordfighter
Dovahkiin - Swordfighter
Rayman - Brawler

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
This is the first Bamco DLC character we've ever gotten.
We don't know if we'll get ONLY Bamco costumes or if we'll get a mixx of Bamco costumes and non-banco costumes.
I think we’ll get a mix
Me too
In fact I'll throw in my Mii predictions now

Lloyd - Swordfighter
Scorpion - Swordfighter (surprised as hell not as many people are predicting this one)
Sol Badguy - Swordfighter
Nightmare - Swordfighter
Yoshimitsu - Swordfighter
KOS-MOS - Gunner
Jin - Brawler
Chun-Li - Brawler
King (Tekken) Hat

I'm also predicting a deluxe Mii this time. We haven't had one since Round 7:
The Knight - Swordfighter
MAYBE a FNAF Brawler costume
Shovel Knight - Swordfighter
Dovahkiin - Swordfighter
Rayman - Brawler
For Deluxe I’d also include Monokuma (Brawler), Ori (Brawler; song included), and if you only count the included song as being “deluxe”: Gunvolt (Gunner; comes with Beyond The Blue) or Zagreus (Swordfighter; comes with Hades Boss Medley)

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
Having a year long break would probably break the momentum of the current flow of DLC, which in itself feels already kinda dwindling away. Ultimate will be a three-year old game end of this year and interest on it will persist for only so long.

I could see DLC continuing in a hypothetical "complete" version of Ultimate for the hypothetical Switch Pro or something along those lines, but that's a lot of assumptions. I'd really like to see Sakurai tackle a new game.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Having a year long break would probably break the momentum of the current flow of DLC, which in itself feels already kinda dwindling away. Ultimate will be a three-year old game end of this year and interest on it will persist for only so long.

I could see DLC continuing in a hypothetical "complete" version of Ultimate for the hypothetical Switch Pro or something along those lines, but that's a lot of assumptions. I'd really like to see Sakurai tackle a new game.
Why make it DLC for this hypothetical “Deluxe” version of Ultimate when all the new stuff can just be on base?

Aerospherology

Smash Lord
What's going on with the Tekken trademark in Europe?
It made every single series name the name of the first fighter for the series on every European Smash website.

Staarih

Smash Master
Why make it DLC for this hypothetical “Deluxe” version of Ultimate when all the new stuff can just be on base?
I mean, sure, I dunno. I was just throwing it out there that a release like this could potentially justify more DLC/additional content in general, whatever form it'll take. Or then it could be just the base game + existing DLC in a nice little package and that's it.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I mean, sure, I dunno. I was just throwing it out there that a release like this could potentially justify more DLC in general, whatever form it'll take. Or then it could be just the base game + existing DLC in a nice little package and that's it.
Feel like the latter could happen at the bare minimum if SwSh getting “complete” (not “deluxe”) editions is anything to go by

Technomage

Smash Champion
I mean, sure, I dunno. I was just throwing it out there that a release like this could potentially justify more DLC in general, whatever form it'll take. Or then it could be just the base game + existing DLC in a nice little package and that's it.
Maybe in addition to all the DLC being in the base game, Ultimate Deluxe could also add more single-player content, modes, stages, bosses, etc.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Imagine if we get 100 numbered fighters, y'all..
That would be awesome. There are definitely more than enough potential characters left to easily make that number. It’s kind of sad we came so close but probably won’t quite get there.

As far as single player, I want that even more than another fighter pass. I’m in the minority that loved Subspace Emissary so something along those lines would be a dream.

Technomage

Smash Champion
Imagine if we get 100 numbered fighters, y'all..
Since Kaz is fighter number 81, that'd mean there'd be 19 more numbered fighters needed to reach 100. In that case, what 19 characters would people pick? My picks are:

1) Krystal
2) Chun-Li
3) Morrigan Aensland (with Lilith as an echo)
4) Scorpion (with Sub-Zero as an echo)
5) Dr. Eggman
6) Tingle
7) Doomslayer
8) Ryu Hayabusa
9) Kasumi
10) Master Chief
11) Sora
12) Sol Badguy
13) Rayman
14) Yuri Lowell
15) Agumon
16) Crash Bandicoot
17) Coco Bandicoot
18) Freddy Fazbear
19) Waluigi as the "finale" character (since it'd be "after all this time, Waluigi FINALLY gets into the roster")

Staarih

Smash Master
Now that I think of, should the bare minimum of a complete edition of Ultimate to come to fruition (base game + DLC), the "bonus fighter" idea could work well for an incentive for it: on-disc for those who get the complete edition, sold separately for the OG edition.

Then again, this reminds me of the "connect the 3DS and Wii U versions to unlock a character!" discussions back in the Smash 4 days. And this is going way ahead of things anyway haha.

Last edited:

2006ToyotaTacoma

Smash Journeyman
Since Kaz is fighter number 81, that'd mean there'd be 19 more numbered fighters needed to reach 100. In that case, what 19 characters would people pick? My picks are:

1) Krystal
2) Chun-Li
5) Dr. Eggman
6) Tingle
7) Doomslayer
8) Ryu Hayabusa
9) Kasumi
10) Master Chief
11) Sora
12) Sol Badguy
13) Rayman
14) Yuri Lowell
15) Agumon
16) Crash Bandicoot
17) Coco Bandicoot
18) Freddy Fazbear
19) Waluigi as the "finale" character (since it'd be "after all this time, Waluigi FINALLY gets into the roster")
If I could choose:
1) Amaterasu
2) Master Chief
3) Kazuma Kiryu
4) Sol Badguy
5) Dr. Eggman
6) Reimu
7) Doomguy
8) Grovyle
9) Officer Howard
10) Bandana Waddle Dee
11) Rean Schwarzer
12) Dante
13) Rayman
14) Yuri Lowell
15) Andy (Advance Wars)
16) Crash Bandicoot
17) Arle Nadja
18) Phoenix Wright
19) Waluigi

Gengar84

Smash Hero

1) Krystal
2) Chun-Li
5) Dr. Eggman
6) Tingle
7) Doomslayer
8) Ryu Hayabusa
9) Kasumi
10) Master Chief
11) Sora
12) Sol Badguy
13) Rayman
14) Yuri Lowell
15) Agumon
16) Crash Bandicoot
17) Coco Bandicoot
18) Freddy Fazbear
Here is my list:

1) Battletoads
2) Magus
3) Illidan
4) Sarah Kerrigan
5) Diablo
6) Scorpion/Sub-Zero
7) Bill Rizer
8) Gengar
9) Lu Bu
10) Fulgore
11) Zegram Ghart
12) Goomba
13) Velvet Crowe
14) Impa
15) Medusa
16) Pharaoh Man
17) Jena Anderson
18) H’aanit
19) Etna

Technomage

Smash Champion
I'm not entirely sure Thirst Theory has much of a leg to stand on when Steve is a thing lol.
Well, it is a joke theory to begin with. On the other hand, you could still make the argument that Steve fits the theory, since:

1) Steve and his alt characters have a sexual innuendo involving that piece of meat
2) There's plenty of Rule34 for Alex

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

1) Krystal
2) Chun-Li
5) Dr. Eggman
6) Tingle
7) Doomslayer
8) Ryu Hayabusa
9) Kasumi
10) Master Chief
11) Sora
12) Sol Badguy
13) Rayman
14) Yuri Lowell
15) Agumon
16) Crash Bandicoot
17) Coco Bandicoot
18) Freddy Fazbear
Ight lemme give this a spin. No echoes. Semi clones are ok as they still have their own number

82. Octoling (Inkling semi-clone, really only shares the ink mechanic and up B, all other moves are radically different like chargers, dualies and splatlings)
83. Ahri
84. Reimu
85. Elma
86. Neku
87. Crash
88. KOS-MOS
89. T-elos (KOS-MOS semi clone)
90. Arle
91. Phoenix Wright
92. Black Shadow (some of Ganondorf’s 4 move set, the rest (75%) are original moves)
93. Wraith (Apex Legends)
94. Violet (Joker semi clone; as per the “Jane” in his file)
95-100. **** it idc at this point add whomever

Ivander

Smash Legend
Since Kaz is fighter number 81, that'd mean there'd be 19 more numbered fighters needed to reach 100. In that case, what 19 characters would people pick?
1. Chosen Undead
2. Dixie Kong
3. Elma
4. Lloyd Irving or Yuri Lowell
5. Reimu Hakurei
6. Bill Rizer & Lance Bean
7. Bomberman
8. Lara Croft
9. Monster Hunter
10. A Phantasy Star character
11. Isaac from Golden Sun
12. Dante
13. Master Chief
14. Crash Bandicoot
15. Lyndis
16. Ryu Hayabusa
17. Dr. Eggman
18. Chun-Li
19. Waluigi

Kinda interesting how even if 19 characters were added, it's still not enough to really get all the top or popular picks/choices/etc.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I don't think porting Smash Ultimate over to the next console is as simple as say Mario Kart 8 or DK Tropical Freeze was. I'm no businessman, but I'm pretty sure every company involved in Smash will have to give Nintendo the thumbs up before their content returns in a Deluxe version. That's a lot of companies, and I can't help but recall Sakurai saying it might not be possible to have a crossover as big as the one in Ultimate again.

Maybe someone can enlighten me here. I see the idea of a Smash Ultimate Deluxe being talked about a lot. I think it could be possible that every company involved would be on board, but it's discussed almost as if it's an easy transition likely to happen.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I don't think porting Smash Ultimate over to the next console is as simple as say Mario Kart 8 or DK Tropical Freeze was. I'm no businessman, but I'm pretty sure every company involved in Smash will have to give Nintendo the thumbs up before their content returns in a Deluxe version. That's a lot of companies, and I can't help but recall Sakurai saying it might not be possible to have a crossover as big as the one in Ultimate again.

Maybe someone can enlighten me here. I see the idea of a Smash Ultimate Deluxe being talked about a lot. I think it could be possible that every company involved would be on board, but it's discussed almost as if it's an easy transition likely to happen.
Doesn’t every company involved get a cut of the profits, especially for DLC?

Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Since Kaz is fighter number 81, that'd mean there'd be 19 more numbered fighters needed to reach 100. In that case, what 19 characters would people pick?
1. Ring Fit Adventurer
2. Ayumi Tachibana
3. Crash Bandicoot
4. Waluigi
5. Bandana Waddle Dee
6. Jill Valentine (with alts based on Chris, Claire, and Leon)
7. Isaac
8. Spring Man (Min Min semi-clone)
9. Shadow (Sonic semi-clone)
10. Octoling (unique character from Inkling, shares the ink mechanic but otherwise uses weapons from Splatoon 2 and 3)
11. Officer Howard
12. Takamaru
13. Ryu Hayabusa
14. Mega Man X
15. Lloyd Irving
16. Dixie Kong
17. Andy
18. Geno (because **** it, why not)
19. Master Chief

Japan may hate that Smash Ultimate is ending on "Green Samus", but I think this does a decent job closing out most of the major requests and remaining Nintendo All-Stars left while adding some unique choices like Takamaru and X.

Last edited:

Technomage

Smash Champion

Well, why wouldn't all the companies be on board? It'd be easy money for them with no effort on their part (plus, Nintendo has made a lot of money off of Ultimate). The only issue I can think of is Konami's bad relationship with Kojima, which is what made Snake's return difficult; but even then, is the extra money really worth missing out on just because you don't wanna add a character created by someone you hate?

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

1) Krystal
2) Chun-Li
5) Dr. Eggman
6) Tingle
7) Doomslayer
8) Ryu Hayabusa
9) Kasumi
10) Master Chief
11) Sora
12) Sol Badguy
13) Rayman
14) Yuri Lowell
15) Agumon
16) Crash Bandicoot
17) Coco Bandicoot
18) Freddy Fazbear
1. Dixie Kong
2. Isaac
3. Impa
4. Phoenix Wright (Apollo Justice Echo)
5. Yuri Lowell
6. Advance Wars Rep
7. Rhythm Heaven Rep
8. Chun-Li
9. Krystal
10. Waluigi
11. Reimu
12. Arle (Amitie Echo)
13. Morrigan (Lilith Echo)
14. Lara Croft
15. Sora (Roxas Echo)
16. Jill Valentine
17. Leon Kennedy
18. Ryu Hayabusa
19. Kasumi

Last edited:

cothero

Smash Lord
So, in getting caught up on the posts here that I missed from yesterday, with all this talk about Capcom being back on the table, NGL, it makes me happy to see people who think Resident Evil has a chance of getting fighter #11.
It makes a lot of sense in a realistic point of view. Everybody thought a Tales characters would be the next Bamco rep (if a Bamco character were added) and then they added a Tekken rep, one of the most iconic fighting game franchises of all time. It would only be natural to have Resident Evil added alongside Capcom's Mega Man and Street Fighter, being the three most iconic Capcom franchises (excluding Monster Hunter, which is a fresh franchise compared to those three).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom