• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
what are y’all’s non-Smash predictions for E3?
I wanna see that new Perfect Dark game.

Then I wanna see Persona 5 coming to Switch, then a new F-Zero game, New Star Fox game and the new Donkey Kong game, then maybe Kingdom Hearts coming to switch or something, then Chrono Trigger remake then Chrono Cross remaster, Streets of Rage 4 Mr X nightmare dlc, maybe some No More Heroes 3 or something.

Then they can bring the Ice Climbers back into the gaming scene!

I know this isn't a switch general website/discussion thread BUT Rockstar's Parent Company Take-Two is gonna be at E3 this year. And new content regarding the 2001 game GTA 3 is gonna get revealed soon. Some Rockstar fans think one form of content this could be is GTA 3 on Switch. Thoughts?
Hell yeah! Give me some of that GTA 3! It'd be better if they made a collection with Vice City and San Andreas.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I wanna see that new Perfect Dark game.

Then I wanna see Persona 5 coming to Switch, then a new F-Zero game, New Star Fox game and the new Donkey Kong game, then maybe Kingdom Hearts coming to switch or something, then Chrono Trigger remake then Chrono Cross remaster, Streets of Rage 4 Mr X nightmare dlc, maybe some No More Heroes 3 or something.

Then they can bring the Ice Climbers back into the gaming scene!

Hell yeah! Give me some of that GTA 3! It'd be better if they made a collection with Vice City and San Andreas.
no TimeSplitters
WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO EVIL TRAPEZIUM?!

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Ok so

ill do mine, more focused on Nintendo than others

Xbox:
Uhhhh Tales of Arise? Idk what else

Sony:
FFVIIR Integrade and/or Part 2
again idk what else
I forgot they’re not there this year

Nintendo:
CP10 and possibly CP11. IF they announced more DLC or even an Ultimate Encore it would be here as well
More Splatoon 3 info
BOTW2 at last
Bayonetta 3 at last
Something Mario related
Something Kirby related
The triumphant return of F-Zero... I WISH at least
FE4 remake?
More D/P remake info as well as Legends and Unite
N64 and/or GC NSO
XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X DEFINITIVE EDITION PLEASE I BEG YOU NINTENDO AND MONOLITH
PROJECT X ZONE 3/A PXZ SUCCESSOR WITH MORE SMASH-APPEARING CHARACTERS I ALSO PLEAD OF YOU NAMCO AND MONOLITH

and last but certainly not least... THE SUPER SWITCH BABY NO I AM STILL NOT CALLING IT SWITCH “PRO”

...and still no Metroid Prime 4, bye
Honestly, I haven't really been keeping up with other companies recently, so here are my predictions for Nintendo:
  • Pokemon BDSP and Legends Arceus + possibly another spin-off in the vein of Mystery Dungeon or Snap (Maybe Ranger? Not sure how that would work without the stylus though) in a dedicated Pokemon Direct.
  • Switch Prois unveiled. Just as the leaks describe it. Reveal focuses primarily on the improved visual output and performance of first-party titles on the system. Certain games can only be played on the Pro, but this is more for third parties looking to port PS4/Xbox One titles to Switch. Launches November 2021 on the same day as BotW2
    • Xbox Game Pass comes to Switch, but not every title is available and certain games can only be played on the Switch Pro. The service launches in August.
  • First gameplay of BotW 2. Core gameplay is largely the same, just on a larger, different map with a greater number of tools to play with. Zelda is noted to take a more active role in the story. Minor bonus content is available if you have saved data from Age of Calamity on your Switch. Launches November 2021 on the same day as the Switch Pro as Nintendo's holiday title.
    • Additional Zelda rereleases for the 25th anniversary in September plus a reminder that Skyward Sword HD launches next month.
  • Splatoon 3 gets a more in-depth look, the first glimpse of the game's story mode is unveiled. Launches early-to-mid 2022.
  • More lowkey Smash reveal. Either a third party at about the level of Terry or a promotional first party (most likely King Boo, Ayumi Tachibana, or perhaps a character for a yet unknown game that Nintendo drops in the same direct with a "Oh yeah, this launches in less than two months" ala Paper Mario: The Origami King). Sakurai presents + the character's release occurs later in the week.
  • Fire Emblem remake is announced. Most likely a remake of Path of Radiance, but could be Binding Blade or (if we live in the best timeline) Genealogy of the Holy War. Launches late 2021.
  • 3D Kirby is announced. Gameplay focuses heavily on puzzle-solving and combat with a co-op element either involving multicoloured Kirbys or Bandana Waddle Dee. Launches early 2022.
  • The next game by the Mario Kart team is announced. Either Mario Kart 9 or ARMS 2 is the game. Basic gameplay is shown off, but info is somewhat scarce and the only release window given is a vague 2022.
  • The first gameplay of Metroid Prime 4 is shown off as the direct's closer. No release date is given beyond 2022.
All in all, I have high hopes for this direct, but I don't think these predictions are too out there. Most of this stuff is already announced (BotW2, Splatoon 3, Pokemon), has been heavily rumoured or leaked (Kirby, Fire Emblem, Switch Pro, Game Pass), or generally makes sense given the timing of previous announcements and releases (Another Pokemon spin-off, the Mario Kart team's next game, Metroid).

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
or perhaps a character for a yet unknown game that Nintendo drops in the same direct with a "Oh yeah, this launches in less than two months" ala Paper Mario: The Origami King).
I'm not sure we'd get someone from an unknown game. All the recent characters chosen in advance had time between their debut and heir reveal; It's never before or alongside their promoted game.

Technomage

Smash Champion
I know this isn't a switch general website/discussion thread BUT Rockstar's Parent Company Take-Two is gonna be at E3 this year. And new content regarding the 2001 game GTA 3 is gonna get revealed soon. Some Rockstar fans think one form of content this could be is GTA 3 on Switch. Thoughts?
As unlikely as it is, I would be interested in a Grand Theft Auto character entering the roster.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Ok so

Xbox:

Sony:
again idk what else

Nintendo:
CP10 and possibly CP11. IF they announced more DLC or even an Ultimate Encore it would be here as well
More Splatoon 3 info
BOTW2 at last
Bayonetta 3 at last
Something Mario related
Something Kirby related
FE4 remake?
N64 and/or GC NSO
XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X DEFINITIVE EDITION PLEASE I BEG YOU NINTENDO AND MONOLITH
PROJECT X ZONE 3/A PXZ SUCCESSOR WITH MORE SMASH-APPEARING CHARACTERS I ALSO PLEAD OF YOU NAMCO AND MONOLITH

and last but certainly not least... THE SUPER SWITCH BABY NO I AM STILL NOT CALLING IT SWITCH “PRO”

I would say MHRise news but we are getting that in 5 days so idk what to predict

spicynun

Smash Journeyman
I know it has been two years since the development on Metroid Prime 4 restarted, but I still feel like expecting it to make an appearance is optimistic.

Invisible Shiny Bulbasaur

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BigUglyMan-Doll
At the very least his presence remains as a Spirit and Mii Costume so it’s not like he’s fully gone
That's very true, but it's still sad to see good games moving further away from the spotlight - Sin & Punishment, Golden Sun, Puzzle League, Advance Wars, Drill Dozer, and many other games and series that I enjoy, and would love to see get sequels on Switch, or fighters/stages/music in Smash. They just lack the enduring relevance they'd need to be anything more than cult classics.
I really appreciate that Sakurai seems to share my affinity for the lesser known relics from Nintendo's history (actually, he probably inspired much of that fondness), it's just a shame that some games just aren't as popular as they deserve.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I know it has been two years since the development on Metroid Prime 4 restarted, but I still feel like expecting it to make an appearance is optimistic.
I could see a short teaser or some words about the game, if Metroid 5 is real and is announced there. In that scenario Nintendo might want to clear any doubts and give us a short update on Prime 4, similarly to what they did with Skyward Sword HD and BotW2 in the last Direct.

I feel they would do that also because unfortunately, some folks would see a 2D Metroid game as something minor and only care about Prime 4.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Well we already know for a fact that TimeSplitters ain't showing up at E3 so sadly no TimeSplitters...

View attachment 316050
They will announce Timesplitters 4, which will release and start development the day after. They travelled back in time to release the game as they make it. Once they finish making the game (taking advice from reviews of the already released version of the game), they send it back to E3 2021 to be released once more. After countless repeats of this cycle, they release the perfect version of Timesplitters 4, from thousands of loops worth of feedback.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Ok so

Xbox:

Sony:
again idk what else

Nintendo:
More Splatoon 3 info
BOTW2 at last
Bayonetta 3 at last
Something Mario related
Something Kirby related
FE4 remake?
N64 and/or GC NSO

Non-Smash E3 Predictions?

Xbox:
Uhhhh Halo's still coming. There might be some other third party stuff there too, not exclusive to Xbox. Dragon Ball something will far and away be the most exciting thing.

Sony: THEY AIN'T EVEN THEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Nintendo:
BotW2 info, including a title reveal: "The Legend of Zelda: Zelda Takes Up Boxing While Link Drinks Some Coffee"

A new Metroid that ISN'T Metroid Prime 4: "Metroid: Samus Gives Up Bounty Hunting and Just Decides to Go to Burger King". For a limited time, it comes with a Burger King coupon so that you too can go to Burger King!

Pokemon Shining Pearl news: Now Featuring Quantum Palkia and Quantum Dialga! Oh, post-game? You want post-game? Uhhhhhhhhh how about a petting mini-game instead? YOU CAN EVEN CONNECT POKEMON GO! POKEMON GO IS A SPINOFF AND TOTALLY NOT BECOMING THE MARQUEE PRODUCT TRUST MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Also we rammed Charizard in there somewhere.

Pokemon Legends Arceus news: Trainers have more actions than before, including getting into bare knuckle fist fights with each other while their Pokemon battle.... still runs like trash though.

Brand new 3D Kirby game: Kirby vs The World! Kirby becomes a terrorist and inhales EVERYTHING, now with a Mario 3D World style 3D Camera! King Dedede and Meta Knight try to stop him, but he just won't stop. What will we do? Ft. music by Cheap Trick.

Brand new 3D Donkey Kong game: Donkey Kong Watches Helplessly but Secretly Enjoys it While Pauline and Candy Kong Get in a Fight!
It ends with Donkey Kong dying. Yep. Donkey Kong dies, he's face down in the snow with his arms stretched forward. Dead. Some kids and their family come out and cry. The dad cries so loudly at Donkey Kong's dead body that the wife makes him and the kids go back inside. Andrea Bocelli and Celine Dion pop out of the snow and sing a very long and dramatic song to send Donkey Kong into the afterlife.

ANOTHER Brand new 3D Donkey Kong game! Funky Kong Shoots Everything! A 3rd person shooter where Funky Kong shoots everything with fruit guns, popping in and out of mine carts and hanging off of a ladder dangling from his plane, surfing on the waves, all while shooting constantly. He eventually falls down a hole and gets in a fight with the devil. Funky Kong kills the devil and then raps about it.

The sudden return of Earthbound! It's the same game you played before, now in a limited edition box for Switch. Buy it now, Nintendo quits selling it in like a couple months.

The Town With No Name is coming to Switch! Be excited! Don't forget to stomp on the spider and shoot the kid at the beginning before riding off into space on a train! NOBODY calls you "Shane"!

A brand new IP: BUZZSAW CARNIVAL! A brand new Nintendo IP starring a clown with a chainsaw for a nose who can either build or destroy an amusement park, sort of a Nintendo take on Roller Coaster Tycoon. The clown is in Smash Bros as well, he's fighter 10. No name, just "The Clown". Say something nice about him.

SOULCALIBUR VI COMES TO SWITCH, WITH AN EXCLUSIVE CHARACTER: WALUIGI WITH A GOLF CLUB!

Nintendo and Koei Tecmo are teaming up! Dead or Alive 7, only for Nintendo Switch! Also Dead or Alive Dimensions is getting remade for Switch as Dead or Alive Dimensions HD! That's right! Nintendo's moneyhattin Dead or Alive now! Nintendo and Koei are besties now! Dead or Alive 7 features Zero Suit Samus and Ayumi Tachibana as guest fighters!

Nintendo also decides to make a new Ikkitousen game! Ikkitousen: Fist Fight! Only for Nintendo Switch. They will spend an amazing amount of time talking about this brand new 3D fighter based on the Ikkitousen manga and anime, and you WILL like it!

Nintendo winds things down to a close with Banjo-Kazooie: Drinking Habits ft Robert Redford! Somehow Nintendo got both Robert Redford AND Banjo-Kazooie in one game! Banjo and Kazooie go to the bar and drink a TON of beer in the hopes of ultimately facing Robert Redford in a drinking contest. You waited years for this.

BUT ONE MORE THING! TIN STAR UNLOADED! A brand new Tin Star game where the robot cowboy man thing just shoots EVERYTHING and slaps women while swearing! It's been rebooted into an M-Rated Nintendo game where everything looks urine-yellow and brown.

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
Pokemon Shining Pearl news: Now Featuring Quantum Palkia and Quantum Dialga! Oh, post-game? You want post-game? Uhhhhhhhhh how about a petting mini-game instead? YOU CAN EVEN CONNECT POKEMON GO! POKEMON GO IS A SPINOFF AND TOTALLY NOT BECOMING THE MARQUEE PRODUCT TRUST MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Also we rammed Charizard in there somewhere.
I love the implication that Brilliant Diamond is something completely different, and the followup implication that they're gonna announce the nonsense that game's up to at a later date.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

Xbox:
Uhhhh Halo's still coming. There might be some other third party stuff there too, not exclusive to Xbox. Dragon Ball something will far and away be the most exciting thing.

Sony: THEY AIN'T EVEN THEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Nintendo:
BotW2 info, including a title reveal: "The Legend of Zelda: Zelda Takes Up Boxing While Link Drinks Some Coffee"

A new Metroid that ISN'T Metroid Prime 4: "Metroid: Samus Gives Up Bounty Hunting and Just Decides to Go to Burger King". For a limited time, it comes with a Burger King coupon so that you too can go to Burger King!

Pokemon Legends Arceus news: Trainers have more actions than before, including getting into bare knuckle fist fights with each other while their Pokemon battle.... still runs like trash though.

Brand new 3D Kirby game: Kirby vs The World! Kirby becomes a terrorist and inhales EVERYTHING, now with a Mario 3D World style 3D Camera! King Dedede and Meta Knight try to stop him, but he just won't stop. What will we do? Ft. music by Cheap Trick.

Brand new 3D Donkey Kong game: Donkey Kong Watches Helplessly but Secretly Enjoys it While Pauline and Candy Kong Get in a Fight!
It ends with Donkey Kong dying. Yep. Donkey Kong dies, he's face down in the snow with his arms stretched forward. Dead. Some kids and their family come out and cry. The dad cries so loudly at Donkey Kong's dead body that the wife makes him and the kids go back inside. Andrea Bocelli and Celine Dion pop out of the snow and sing a very long and dramatic song to send Donkey Kong into the afterlife.

ANOTHER Brand new 3D Donkey Kong game! Funky Kong Shoots Everything! A 3rd person shooter where Funky Kong shoots everything with fruit guns, popping in and out of mine carts and hanging off of a ladder dangling from his plane, surfing on the waves, all while shooting constantly. He eventually falls down a hole and gets in a fight with the devil. Funky Kong kills the devil and then raps about it.

The sudden return of Earthbound! It's the same game you played before, now in a limited edition box for Switch. Buy it now, Nintendo quits selling it in like a couple months.

The Town With No Name is coming to Switch! Be excited! Don't forget to stomp on the spider and shoot the kid at the beginning before riding off into space on a train! NOBODY calls you "Shane"!

A brand new IP: BUZZSAW CARNIVAL! A brand new Nintendo IP starring a clown with a chainsaw for a nose who can either build or destroy an amusement park, sort of a Nintendo take on Roller Coaster Tycoon. The clown is in Smash Bros as well, he's fighter 10. No name, just "The Clown". Say something nice about him.

SOULCALIBUR VI COMES TO SWITCH, WITH AN EXCLUSIVE CHARACTER: WALUIGI WITH A GOLF CLUB!

Nintendo and Koei Tecmo are teaming up! Dead or Alive 7, only for Nintendo Switch! Also Dead or Alive Dimensions is getting remade for Switch as Dead or Alive Dimensions HD! That's right! Nintendo's moneyhattin Dead or Alive now! Nintendo and Koei are besties now! Dead or Alive 7 features Zero Suit Samus and Ayumi Tachibana as guest fighters!

Nintendo also decides to make a new Ikkitousen game! Ikkitousen: Fist Fight! Only for Nintendo Switch. They will spend an amazing amount of time talking about this brand new 3D fighter based on the Ikkitousen manga and anime, and you WILL like it!

Nintendo winds things down to a close with Banjo-Kazooie: Drinking Habits ft Robert Redford! Somehow Nintendo got both Robert Redford AND Banjo-Kazooie in one game! Banjo and Kazooie go to the bar and drink a TON of beer in the hopes of ultimately facing Robert Redford in a drinking contest. You waited years for this.

BUT ONE MORE THING! TIN STAR UNLOADED! A brand new Tin Star game where the robot cowboy man thing just shoots EVERYTHING and slaps women while swearing! It's been rebooted into an M-Rated Nintendo game where everything looks urine-yellow and brown.
Question: is the clown game directed by Suda51 as a spiritual successor to Lollipop Chainsaw? Because that TOTALLY sounds like the kind of game he would make.

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
I hate that I immediantly got the joke...
i don't even like crash and i'm not that into spyro, but i recognize a tragedy when i see one

Y'know what? Who's gonna create The Clown's support thread? Smash needs a clown.
JEVIL FOR SMASH! I CAN DO ANYTHING!

and maybe Marx, at least for the next game. I want a fourth Kirby rep, and he'd be a wild addition. on top of that, he'd play well with Sakurai's apparent bias against Kirby games made after 1996

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
I'll admit with E3 its often hard for me to separate predictions from hopes, but I'll give it a shot.

-Another Zelda port/release, either getting Wind Waker/Twilight Princess HD on Switch or a formal announcement of remakes of the Oracle titles.

-A new (albeit modest looking) Wario Ware title this year.

-2D Donkey Kong title for release in 2022. Not quite DKC, but definitely drawing inspiration from them.

-Devil May Cry 4 announced for Switch.

-Logo (but little footage) for Metroid 5.

-Mario vs. Rabbids 2 reveal

-New 3D Sonic announcement

-Xenoblade Chronicles X port

-Bayonetta 3 footage (no release date)

And finally a random prediction just because I can.

-New Pliotwings announced

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
Well, how about Dimentio from Super Paper Mario?
i mean if mario needs to have another character anytime soon, i'm definitely in favor of it being someone from Paper Mario. it would stand out for sure. dimentio specifically sounds good

(hey while we're at it, how about N64 and Gamecube titles on the Switch online service? i've always wanted to try one of the older Paper Marios)

Invisible Shiny Bulbasaur

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BigUglyMan-Doll

Thank you for making me desperately want a game that Nintendo will never allow to exist.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Look, I know it’s stupid business practice to have a limited release, but I’m still buying this on account that I want it. How much? And can we throw the other 2 games in as well?

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Today in 1980, the arcade "PAC-MAN" was location tested in Shibuya. In other words, it was announced for the first time in the world. Released before dawn in July of the same year. Then, it goes abroad and becomes a mega-hit. When I played it, I wondered what a colorful and rich game it was. #Smash Bros SP

You can see many other Namco characters on Smash Bros. SP, but I will omit each anniversary tweet.

Last edited:

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
I don't have much to speculate on, but I think Microsofts gunna have the best e3 show overall. Too many studio acquisitions not to. But all eyes are gunna be on halo, and whew boy do they have a lot of things fans are expecting that we haven't seen yet. Halo 5s launch was bad. Like real bad. Not MCC bad, but a different kind. Way too barebones. Missing a lot of core gametypes, for both casual and competitive. Missing forge. Really boring maps. I don't see us getting all of that in an e3 conference, so people are going to walk away from halos presentation feeling like somethings missing no matter what.

I really hope they hand the fallout series over to Obsidian. New Vegas was the best, and now surprise surprise Xbox bought both Bethesda and Obsidian. I don't want to wait for starfields development to finish, then a whole ass elder scrolls game's development cycle until they get around to starting the next fallout. Even an announcement would be awesome.

Pokémon always does their own thing, I'm sure it'll be alright. Maybe some Pokémon snap post release content?

Other than that, I don't have much to speculate that isn't what everyone's kinda generally expecting anyways

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Today in 1980, the arcade "PAC-MAN" was location tested in Shibuya. In other words, it was announced for the first time in the world. Released before dawn in July of the same year. Then, it goes abroad and becomes a mega-hit. When I played it, I wondered what a colorful and rich game it was. #Smash Bros SP

You can see many other Namco characters on Smash Bros. SP, but I will omit each anniversary tweet.

I swear You will make it into the game at some point...

Last edited:

RiderFan

Smash Rookie
Do y'all think we'll get at least one more JRPG character?
I could see possibly getting another JRPG character for sure. I myself think Demi-fiend honestly has a pretty good shot, especially in order to promote the Nocturne Remaster on Switch and bring interest in SMT in general to get more people into SMTV when it releases. I'm also honestly hoping for it since it would be a unique type of JRPG character and having Persona represented but not SMT is kinda awkward. So my bets are on him and Master Chief for E3 almost similarly to Hero & Banjo from E3 2019.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord

Everyone been sleeping on a second Bamco character, I know it is far too long for people to expect or believe another addition from the company but I have my hopes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom