• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
One neat thing Ashley could do is have a move where she adds things to a cauldron, and when she's added enough things, the cauldron will give off an effect. It could be like Hero's Command Selection, except you'd have a decent idea of what the move was going to do before using it depending on what the first and potentially the second ingredient is. You could make it even more interesting by having projectiles and/or items count as ingredients, which would give you more control over what effects the cauldron produces (but that also means that opponents could fill the cauldron as well).
That’s an absolutely genius idea. Other specials could drop different materials like Wario’s Bike produces wheels and such, and Red could be a very powerful ingredient but he wouldn’t help in certain attacks once he’s in the cauldron.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
We're now less than 3 hours away from the presentation and likely release of the penultimate Smash Ultimate DLC fighter.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
My biggest "fear" about the presentation is about the music tbh
Tekken's soundtrack is dope but I kinda have the feeling we won't get a lot of songs despite Namco working on both Smash and Tekken, or that the selection will be unbalanced.

I know we'll get at least one track from Tekken 3 because we heard it during the showcase for Kazuya's moves, but I'm hoping for more music from that game even if Kazuya wasn't in it.

C'mon, give me Poolside, Karma (Electric Fountain), Azure Infinite and these 2

Not expecting songs from recent DLC characters, because well, they're recent, but Kunimitsu's theme would be dope

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Low chance but I’m also hoping for songs outside of Tekken
e.g songs from SoulCalibur or Tales of
That would be awesome, Pac-man music are pretty much a celebration of Namco arcade game more than actual Pac-man music, so it would be fun that Tekken music are a celebration of modern Namco bandai stuff. And we could have Katamari on the rocks so that would be cool.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I doubt we'll get two fighting game characters in a row, but if Sol Badguy makes it in, I could see this being his Final Smash pretty much unchanged from the original game:

I could even see him having a unique victory pose if he wins with his Final Smash, just like Joker.

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I doubt we'll get two fighting game characters in a row, but if Sol Badguy makes it in, I could see this being his Final Smash pretty much unchanged from the original game:

I could even see him having a unique victory pose if he wins with his Final Smash, just like Joker.
We did get two JRPG characters back to back in each pass so I don’t think two fighting game characters in a row is out of the question. Sol would be cool but I’m personally hoping for Fulgore or Sub-Zero.

Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
I’ll laugh if they go straight into the mii costumes before we even get to see the moveset breakdown

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Aight 10 minutes left,

see y’all on the other side. Hoping for some based mii costumes and can’t wait foe the character breakdown.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Wonder how many memes Sakurai will spawn this presentation

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Given the trends of past Japanese third party characters I expect Kazuya's Mii costume wave to just be Tekken costumes + the Lloyd costume.

zumaddy

Smash Ace
I've only owned Tekken 5 myself so hoping some music/characters from there make an appearance. Hoping for stage cameos outside of Heihachi. A nice indie Mii costume would also be dope.

Let's go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom