• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
her recent tweet says she didnt even datamine it herself and she just heard it from other people, also says shes not a leaker and that this stuff might not even show up at e3
considering her history is with datamining and not leaking this has me even more feeling like this isnt something to take that seriously

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
OK, one last (first?) tinfoil hat theory before the direct about the "leak" we got. Beware before opening this.

SO

If this MC/Metroid V leak is true....what if Metroid V actually refered to a fifth Metroid fighter for Ultimate?

After all, we have 4 Metroid character on the current roster, if MC refer to Master Chief getting Ultimate, making it look like you leaked a game when it's actually the second character would be pretty genius.

Mind you, I don't actually believe what i'm saying, buuuuuuuuuuut it would be pretty funny if it did happen.

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
calling it a "leak" is a bit of a stretch when you look at everything else about it. I think everyone is just omega latching onto it rn cause nothing has been leaked really

I think everyone should chill out, this probably has nothing to do with smash even if it is accurate

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
calling it a "leak" is a bit of a stretch when you look at everything else about it. I think everyone is just omega latching onto it rn cause nothing has been leaked really

I think everyone should chill out, this probably has nothing to do with smash even if it is accurate
It's not a leak, but datamines are always 99.9% accurate, and Master Chief only has two possibilites. Master Chief Collection on Switch, or Master Chief in Smash.

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
It's not a leak, but datamines are always 99.9% accurate, and Master Chief only has two possibilites. Master Chief Collection on Switch, or Master Chief in Smash.
she says she didnt datamine this and she just heard it from someone else

also someone cracked another hatch and it says " Nintendo Switch Advance " so im even more thinking this isnt legit lol

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
she says she didnt datamine this and she just heard it from someone else

also someone cracked another hatch and it says " Nintendo Switch Advance " so im even more thinking this isnt legit lol
That's the first one which NWPlayer said to ignore.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
You hear this?
The time is near...

Prepare your seats, folks. 'cuz whatever happen, it's gonna be heard, I tell ya.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Vergeben showed up on reddit and spoiled the character.
If Master Chief does get in, then for me that guarantees that this will be a double reveal and the other character will be a third party who is Japanese in origin and has great appeal over there. Likely another JRPG character. Looks like Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester was right all along.

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
Vergeben maybe just piggybacking what other people said on the internet…

If the Smash character is Master Chief, holy raw, it would broke the internet instantly. But well, we shall wait and see. I love the hilarious of this speculation that we moved between a zelda fighter to another microsoft rep with the canche of a double reveal. Imagine if we end up getting both CP announced today, a FP2 with 10 characters of, which 3 are huge gaming icons like Steve, MC and Sephiroth

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero

Yeah. There's been a lot of piggybacking here, like all those people who were talking about having all 4 Champions from BOTW in a single character slot, which I highly doubt, only because Ihram Khan said "Smash Cut" in response to a fan who proposed just that. And then there was some other dataminer who said "Master Chief", but it is unknown if it referred to Master Chief in Smash or the Master Chief collection coming to the Switch.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
If the fighter is Master Chief, I think it's the first time I predicted a fighter for this game after the Inkling before the announcement. (other than that, I considered Sephiroth as a possibility but never outright predicted him, so it doesn't count).

Last prediction from yesterday was Master Chief and Miku, I doubt Miku will happen though, I said her because I wanted to be as random as possible, given how unpredictable they have been so far. You can't deny that Miku too would break the Internet, in her own way.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master

If the Smash character is Master Chief, holy raw, it would broke the internet instantly. But well, we shall wait and see. I love the hilarious of this speculation that we moved between a zelda fighter to another microsoft rep with the canche of a double reveal. Imagine if we end up getting both CP announced today, a FP2 with 10 characters of, which 3 are huge gaming icons like Steve, MC and Sephiroth
Dunno about that, every character Vergeben said in Smash has been right. MC is in.

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace
Well, congratulations to everyone who wanted them. I hate that it got spoiled literally hours before the Direct.

Damn…I really wanted Sora.

Groose

Smash Champion
Dear god. If that’s true, I’m going to be so happy. Taking it with a whole shaker of salt, though.

I actually kind of like Vergeben leaks. Because they’re not always true (especially outside of Smash). It’s not like Brush, where they’re always right.

Dyamanttine

Smash Journeyman
Well, congratulations to everyone who wanted them. I hate that it got spoiled literally hours before the Direct.

Damn…I really wanted Sora.
I wanted him too, maybe they are doing a double reveal with a Japanese/Western character, lets be patient but getting
MC
is like... Surreal

Last edited:

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
If this leak is true...

I love that MC is perhaps the flimsiest "appearance on a Nintnedo console" example via the costume in Minecraft, Not that I think that mattered if this is actually the case, but I do love that the character technically has been on a Nintendo system.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
If this leak is true...

I love that MC is perhaps the flimsiest "appearance on a Nintnedo console" example via the costume in Minecraft, Not that I think that mattered if this is actually the case, but I do love that the character technically has been on a Nintendo system.
As well as in Fortnite. MC will be the very first representation of the FPS genre in Smash, and it likely means that Doomguy will never come to Smash unless Microsoft and Nintendo merge and become one company.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
The leaks are coming out now? Well I was going to wait until later to this but...

This will be the last time I will be talking to you guys before the presentation. While I doubt a double reveal, if it does happen well this has been a great journey. I had so much fun on this thread and I'm hoping to see many of you in the social thread.

Unfortunately I will have to wait until my lunch break to see the reveal so I won't be able to join in on the initial excitement with all of you. But just know that if any of these characters get revealed:
  • Crash
  • Phoenix
  • Monokuma
  • Doomguy
  • Dragonborn
  • Master Chief
  • Kratos
  • Nightmare
  • Agumon
  • Bill Rizer
  • Crypto
....I will be internally screaming to the heavens in hype.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
If this leak is true. Then double dipping is a non more issue. Actually triple dipping through two passes.

That's how sora win.
I wouldn't consider Sora double dipping because I consider him a rep for Disney rather than Square Enix.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
If the leaks are indeed true, then I just wanna say that it's surreal that Microsoft was actually teasing another Nintendo collab before this. How did they get away with it?

Also, I'm curious about what this would mean for CP11. If only Chief leaked, are we getting a single reveal? That said,
everyone should hype responsibly.

Dyamanttine

Smash Journeyman
If this leak is true. Then double dipping is a non more issue. Actually triple dipping through two passes.

That's how sora win.
The internet is going to explode if both of these characters are announced in the same E3

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
If the leaks are indeed true, then I just wanna say that it's surreal that Microsoft was actually teasing another Nintendo collab before this. How did they get away with it?

Also, I'm curious about what this would mean for CP11. If only Chief leaked, are we getting a single reveal? That said,
everyone should hype responsibly.
If MC does get in, then I think that this will be a double reveal and the other character is very likely to be from a JRPG. If copyrighted music is an issue I see this being Agumon with Butterfly playing in his reveal trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom