• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Hell, I expect and prefer a single reveal to keep the train rolling throughout the year.

But yeah, the most common opinion is dual reveal from what I've observed on this thread at least.

Shroob

Sup?
Hell, I expect and prefer a single reveal to keep the train rolling throughout the year.

But yeah, the most common opinion is dual reveal from what I've observed on this thread at least.
Even though I'm personally banking on a solo reveal, I think my heart wants a double, simply because it's going to be boring as hell come the next couple months.

People think speculation is dry now?

Wait until "Well, Smash always ends on a low note." for the next several months to be the only thing that's talked about.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace

Why do people want to keep the train rolling though? It would just be the same 3 characters being thrown around on repeat but it would be even worse since there's one fighter and we'd all just be waiting for the 1 last character in the DLC to be revealed and can't be more than one of our predictions.

That would be very annoying in my opinion, but if that's what you prefer then you can hope for it I guess.

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
I'm curious to know why you'd legitimately prefer one reveal instead of two. Especially since most people would predict a terrible final character to end the pass and be pessimistic until the end.
And the train has been rolling in extremely slow-motion for months now.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
On the plus side, seeing Square Enix (seemingly) announce a Final Fantasy origins collection for Steam/Mobile with nothing for Consoles has me feeling more optimistic for the Nintendo Direct because nothing they could announce there will be as empty headed or baffling as that reveal was.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
On the plus side, seeing Square Enix (seemingly) announce a Final Fantasy origins collection for Steam/Mobile with nothing for Consoles has me feeling more optimistic for the Nintendo Direct because nothing they could announce there will be as empty headed or absurd as that reveal was.
I honest to god have not been watching E3

And from the sound of it, it's been kinda.... dull so far. I've heard Devolver and XBox had some okay showings, but we waited 2 years for this?

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
On the plus side, seeing Square Enix (seemingly) announce a Final Fantasy origins collection for Steam/Mobile with nothing for Consoles has me feeling more optimistic for the Nintendo Direct because nothing they could announce there will be as empty headed or baffling as that reveal was.
Yeah, that Square Enix presentation was... something.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
I mean... Nintendo basically has the E3 Victor's Trophy in the BAG. E3 has been so disappointing this year.

Unless Nintendo basically just drags out Furukawa and he literally just looks and smiles and then pees in a bag and then bows Japanese-style and the stream cuts... and at least THAT would be funny if nothing else.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
I honest to god have not been watching E3

And from the sound of it, it's been kinda.... dull so far. I've heard Devolver and XBox had some okay showings, but we waited 2 years for this?
Not gonna sugarcoat, it was ****.
Xbox didn't show anything really worthy besides Halo Infinite MP gameplay, same with BF2042 MP gameplay.
Square Enix had the six first FF games, yeaaaah! For mobile.
Ubisoft was not that great either. Unironically the best announcement was the Rabbids game.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
Not gonna sugarcoat, it was ****.
Xbox didn't show anything really worthy besides Halo Infinite MP gameplay, same with BF2042 MP gameplay.
Square Enix had the six first FF games, yeaaaah! For mobile.
Ubisoft was not that great either. Unironically the best announcement was the Rabbids game.

The highlight of the show was Battlefield 2042 probably, I'm a huge BF4 fan and the game has some BF4 vibes.

The rest of it was kind of ehh.

Shroob

Sup?
Sometimes I wonder if long periods of speculation ruin the passion for the game.

It's why I don't do it much anymore. Playing is more fun. Remember not to burn yourself out folks.
I think there's still plenty of passion, or else, we wouldn't all be here right now.

Just, there's nothing to talk about that hasn't been talked about to death for the past year now.

Even big "rumors" that pick up a semblance of traction like the Concert Leak or Tales of Chun Leak feel like they're just barely skirting by off the most basic of "Fine, I GUESS I'll humor it for a second." anymore.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Why do people want to keep the train rolling though? It would just be the same 3 characters being thrown around on repeat but it would be even worse since there's one fighter and we'd all just be waiting for the 1 last character in the DLC to be revealed and can't be more than one of our predictions.

That would be very annoying in my opinion, but if that's what you prefer then you can hope for it I guess.
I like the discussion to be going on till as long as possible.

I get why people don't like it. I find new ideas fun and interesting. Every single reveals changes speculation(or most do) because it adds new thoughts. Revealing it all at once feels very boring to me in helping discussion.

So I'd prefer them to take their time, which helps discussion evolve.

I'd say the issue isn't that there's long periods between characters so much as there's still too many people who gatekeep and troll, making the discussion volatile. There's actually tons of cool ideas and unique thoughts and opinions throughout these periods, and I've found them very healthy in itself.

I mean, obviously to each their own. I get it doesn't work for all. But we'll see how it goes. Brush might have some information(honestly, the only thing he should say is a single or dual reveal, since that'll keep people interested without deflating hype as hard as a full leak would).

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Well SE earns a nice solid D, that GOTG game ran on way too long. I'm hoping Capcom really blows it out of the park tomorrow.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
I've seen some talk that certain SE accounts have been on protected mode for a while even before E3.

Though granted after some of the decisions in that presentation they're probably not in a hurry to unlock them either.

Shroob

Sup?

I get why people don't like it. I find new ideas fun and interesting. Every single reveals changes speculation(or most do) because it adds new thoughts. Revealing it all at once feels very boring to me in helping discussion.

I'd say the issue isn't that there's long periods between characters so much as there's still too many people who gatekeep and troll, making the discussion volatile. There's actually tons of cool ideas and unique thoughts and opinions throughout these periods, and I've found them very healthy in itself.

I mean, obviously to each their own. I get it doesn't work for all. But we'll see how it goes. Brush might have some information(honestly, the only thing he should say is a single or dual reveal, since that'll keep people interested without deflating hype as hard as a full leak would).
I mean, I get where you're coming from, but you also need to look at the big picture here.

Revealing it all at once may be boring sure, since that's it, that's the end.

But so will the next several months where the entire community sets their collective hype levels of "Meh", simply because they'll convince themselves that FP11 is gonna blow chunks.

Like, if we're in a dry spell right now, imagine our gold fish brains when the 'new' factor of CP10 wears off and we realize "Oh, 3-4 months til CP11, and Smash always ends on a low note so why be excited?" You may be excited, and hell, I'll be cautiously optimistic, but we can't kid ourselves, we know that the greater majority of the community will take up this stance, we just know it. The only way for this to not happen would be if say, Sakurai made a big deal out of CP11's reveal date and you don't wanna miss it and it'll be craaaaaazy, but if we get a solo reveal, we almost assuredly wouldn't get a date for CP11, unless Sakurai wanted to make a big deal out of it early.

Twilord

Smash Ace
At this point my mindset is:

"Hopefully we get a Smash reveal, and some news on either Pokémon or Zelda, and then Bandai Namco at least name-drops Digimon Survive."

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
So far Microsoft was the best for me, with Devolver close behind. Really hyped for Psychonauts, Wizard With a Gun and Slime Rancher, plus some of these indies look really neat.

My issue with SE's was that very little of what they showed was actually unknown to me, and most of what was doesn't appeal to me. But outside of the weird pacing (a part almost looked like an infomercial), I don't think it was a bad presentation.

I've seen worse. Way, way worse.

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
What if people could learn to read that description lol
Not sure what's worse, the yearly E3 ******** or people's inability to read text that's right in front of them.
Ummm.... a heheh..... I uhhh... got... caught up in the hype and everyone was yelling that they locked the twitter so hard that I forgot to read...

I GOT CAUGHT UP IN THE HYPE MAN, LEAVE ME BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Y'all zoomers not excited for STALKER 2 Smh. But yeah, dear god was the SE presentation worthless.
Stalker 2 is alright but I never liked the first one anyway.

I didn't come back for months and the discussion didn't evolve that much except for the obvious mii costumes reveals.
It's not the "trolls" or the "gatekeepers" fault, it's the fact it's taken a long time between reveals for discussion to actually happen.
If we get one reveal, you won't suddenly have a new wave of exciting discussion happening. It'll still be boring, except we'll have one character expected instead of two. The biggest shift will be "Crash and/or Master chief were not revealed at E3 so they definitely are not DLC" if my predictions are correct. But that's it. Nothing new will suddenly happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom