• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technomage

Smash Champion
For an RE Rep, I’d love to have Nemesis. Hes got all the great makings of a fighter, and represents the horror of RE better than a Protagonist like Jill or Leon. The only real problem is that hes a one off character. At least hes in DBD though
That, and his appearance has too much body horror to keep Ultimate's rating the same, though there is concept art of Nemesis with its face masked.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
But no seriously I can see it

“The final fighter for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate... is from League of Legends! Find out who it is at Smash Ultimate’s Final Video Presentation this August!”

I WILL GRAB ME SOME POPCORN BOI.
Nah even better.

Watch they announce the final fighter being of Fire Emblem.

The **** storm that would ensue.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Would be neat if they actually showed us just the beginning of the CP11's trailer, and it stops at the moment we are supposed to see him.
That's like saying K. Rool's trailer should've stopped right after Dedede was revealed to be behind the fake silhouette.
GOD THAT'D BE PAINFUL

Twilord

Smash Ace
I don't even know what a Combee is - or at least I didn't before googling it just now.

Poor creature is hard to encounter, hard to catch, mostly male while only females get to evolve into the hive-queen. Its the perfect rep for the many lovingly crafted creatures who are sacrificed to prop up Pikachu, Charizard, and even Agumon and Jibanyan.

This happy little worker bee brings us honey; but at the cost of never getting the spotlight itself.

Smash Bros could shine a light on it; and remind everyone that all monsters are beautiful.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Pyra/Mythra:
View attachment 317010

Maybe just put on some tights or something.

Also in other news still waiting for that Mythra emote.
If only it were that simple, but Evelynn is literally an agony demon who makes a LOT of innuendo in her dialogue. I’d go more into her lore but it’s... not fit for here

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
That, and his appearance has too much body horror to keep Ultimate's rating the same, though there is concept art of Nemesis with its face masked.

There must be some way to make his face more family friendly without just bagging it lmao. He would certainly need a redesign. But atleast Mythra shows the Smash team is willing to do it if the situation calls for it.

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
That's a weird way to spell Teddy Roosevelt from the Civilization series :p.
TBF Civilization is no stranger to crossovers:

20190809213437_1.jpg

:4pacman:

It's still quite a task. Especially when most of the games were built off of the previous one(and they still can take a very long time to come out. Only 64 and Melee released fairly fast). I don't remember if Melee was built off of 64, or if Brawl was built off of Melee, but I know 4 used Brawl, and Ultimate used 4 as a base.
IIRC Melee is its own engine due to it having a more detailed system for stats (speed, weight etc.) than 64 did, hitboxes became spheres instead of rectangles, a lot of mechanics were introduced and damage began to be calculated in decimals instead of integers (although the decimals would be first shown off in Ultimate). Brawl IIRC is also its own engine since it introduced several aspects that would be kept (buffer, additional stuff like crawling, gliding and swimming).

That said, there are some carry overs from the previous game too in both cases: Melee still have 64's behavior when it comes to edges, and Brawl still has a (more potent) version of Melee's chaingrabbing IIRC.

Well you can easily rule out Evelynn who is Not For Good Boys And Girls(TM)

...that... doesn’t rule it down that much actually
Rie, that was an excellent opportunity to use a meme:

1622312032018.jpeg

He did not make any mistake. This is now Ayumi's thread.
Is she going to interview us all and question where her invitation letter went? :roll:

Technomage

Smash Champion
There must be some way to make his face more family friendly without just bagging it lmao. He would certainly need a redesign. But atleast Mythra shows the Smash team is willing to do it if the situation calls for it.
Your comment inspired me to Google search fanmade family-frienly designs of the guy, but I haven't been able to find any such designs (besides the garbage bag mask). Guess I'll just have to wait for someone on Smashboards to draw one. :drshrug:

Ivander

Smash Legend
We were discussing what if a new ballot was done after DLC ended, and they enforced 9 votes per person to prevent botting, probably through the use of a Nintendo account
It wouldn't quite stop botting. The CYL5 Ballot did use Nintendo accounts, but it didn't stop the botting fully as basically, some people/bots actually went through and made a whole bunch of accounts. I mentioned the one that did Gatekeeper and Delthea, and they made 268 accounts, with 134 for each character, and voted all 7 times on that one character on 134 each.
A Nintendo account does help, but the other thing that would probably be needed would be something area-related, like IP, Address or whatnot.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Here are my 9 Ballot picks:

1. Master Chief
2. Arle Nadja
3. Doom Slayer
4. Bandana Waddle Dee
5. Phoenix Wright
6. Ragna the Bloodedge
7. Waluigi
8. Shovel Knight
9. Jill Valentine

Technomage

Smash Champion
Question:

If you had to have one character that wasn't a video game first who would you pick?

(Example: Geralt, Kuriboh)
Hmmmmmmmmm, probably Spnongebob, not only due to its comedy, but because of all the Spongebob memes that involve Smash Bros.

SKX31

Smash Master
It wouldn't quite stop botting. The CYL5 Ballot did use Nintendo accounts, but it didn't stop the botting fully as basically, some people/bots actually went through and made a whole bunch of accounts. I mentioned the one that did Gatekeeper and Delthea, and they made 268 accounts, with 134 for each character, and voted all 7 times on that one character on 134 each.
A Nintendo account does help, but the other thing that would probably be needed would be something area-related, like IP, Address or whatnot.
It would also need active moderation since botting / smurfing can also be potentially combined with related problems (account boosting / buying). Now, active moderation wouldn't be able to fully eradicate those (especially since more sophisticated methods - IIRC - try to use VPNs etc. to hide the network, whether botting or boosting) but minimizing that would be in Nintendo's interest. Valve for example has problems with that even with VAC banning.

And for anyone asking "Why would people buy others' / sell accounts just for a ballot?" well, account boosting / buying is a major problem in multiplayer games even if all that achieves is getting the seller's account into say a slightly higher position on the online ladder. I wouldn't be entirely surprised if it happened with Smash too (at a smaller scale, but still) because of Elite Smash.

Question:

If you had to have one character that wasn't a video game first who would you pick?

Lately I've been thinking about the Hulk as a 4th party rep, because he'd have the best tagline ever:

wwhulk.png

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Question:

Wolverine
Being a mainstay in every MvC related game up until Infinite gutted the X-Men gives him a good pedigree and MvC is just pure fun.

If I were to go full on bias with Marvel then there can only be DOOM

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
What if they restricted it to Nintendo accounts that have spent a minimum amount of money on the eShop? It might not stop it, but Nintendo would be making bank on it at least, which doesn’t reeeeeally help us, but yeah…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom