• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I'd more consider red or orange for Doomguy, not brown.

But Chief would 100% be green. I can't imagine MC, if he were to get in, have a color other than green. Both he's green and the XBox's main color is Green, emphasizing the orange would be weird.
I mean, red would be my first pick for Terry but he got blue instead because Joker came first in the pass. Same train of thought here.

VongolaFair

Smash Apprentice
If Demi-Fiend is one of the last chosen picks, what would be his stage? The Labyrinth of Amala? The Amala Network? Seeing SMT discussion is always a good time!

Honest Slug

Smash Journeyman
Just wondering why do people want another Namco rep?

(Is it because Namco worked on Smash?)
Personally speaking, I'm somewhat amicable to the idea of a Dark Souls character making it in. With that said, there's other characters I'd want more for those last 2 slots, but a character doesn't have to be the one I want most for them to still be a good pick for Smash.

Dinoman96

Smash Master

Pretty much. I guess people think it's "unfair" that they continue to only have one character in Smash, despite being a major publisher that also helps make modern Smash games.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

I just want KOS-MOS

the first thing I’ll do is make a screenshot of her, Ryu, Ken, Chrom and Lucina caught in Shulk’s Final Smash cuz that’s where Fiora appears - a rather awkward Project X Zone 2 reunion lol

plus robo chick with tons of weapons that’s always cool

maybe T-elos as her echo or semi clone too

I just want PXZ to be officially canon to Smash SOMEHOW cuz PXZ is in jeopardy after the creators and some programmers left

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
IT IS FINALLY DONE. HUZZAH.

I made a graphic showing all the color predictions thus far for Fighter 10, 11 and a potential bonus one (if that ever happens of course.)

I also threw in a bonus... predicting how many letters/spaces the next fighter might have as well!

Because of how less reliable the model gets when you predict farther stuff, I'll try to update this graphic when Fighter 10 is revealed (well, provided a double reveal doesn't happen.)
Huh, the shade of pink got lighter. The best options for those would be Octoling and Chief imo. Assuming the shades aren't off by a little, like with Pyra and Mythra.

I'll admit, it's kinda hard for me to see Chief being last. Not only is he one of the biggest possible choices out there, but he's extremely western-centric, to the point where it all but guarantees a double reveal imo. I have to wonder who would be revealed with him.

That said, don't these look a little too... muted? Just an observation, everyone else's colors are either really vibrant or really dark, but these predicted ones are neither, I suppose.

Shroob

Sup?
Huh, the shade of pink got lighter. The best options for those would be Octoling and Chief imo. Assuming the shades aren't off by a little, like with Pyra and Mythra.

I'll admit, it's kinda hard for me to see Chief being last. Not only is he one of the biggest possible choices out there, but he's extremely western-centric, to the point where it all but guarantees a double reveal imo. I have to wonder who would be revealed with him.

That said, don't these look a little too... muted? Just an observation, everyone else's colors are either really vibrant or really dark, but these predicted ones are neither, I suppose.
Chief being last isn't 'that' weird, if it's a dual reveal that is.

E32019 did Hero/Banjo

And although we didn't get an E3 last year, I'd bet good money we would have gotten Min Min/Steve.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Chief being last isn't 'that' weird, if it's a dual reveal that is.

E32019 did Hero/Banjo

And although we didn't get an E3 last year, I'd bet good money we would have gotten Min Min/Steve.
True, but he would still be a major exception in terms of how dev cycles usually end.

The one 3rd party who got in last thus far was Bayonetta - the smallest guest franchise in 4 DLC (and I'd argue 4 in general). That's not to say that Chief would be weird, just that it would go against what we've seen so far, because he's definitely on the same caliber as Sephiroth or Minecraft, and Nintendo usually draws the big guns around the middle.

At the same time, Nintendo also tends to draw their big guns around E3, so... it's weird, we've got two sets of patterns that never coincided before.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
True, but he would still be a major exception in terms of how dev cycles usually end.

The one 3rd party who got in last thus far was Bayonetta - the smallest guest franchise in 4 DLC (and I'd argue 4 in general). That's not to say that Chief would be weird, just that it would go against what we've seen so far, because he's definitely on the same caliber as Sephiroth or Minecraft, and Nintendo usually draws the big guns around the middle.

At the same time, Nintendo also tends to draw their big guns around E3, so... it's weird, we've got two sets of patterns that never coincided before.
This is of course assuming that Martin's color pattern holds true, which isn't at all guaranteed to happen.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Ever since Martin first posted the pink color, I've been trying to think of just what characters Pink could even work for, since honestly, Pink is such an uncommon color in general for video game characters, for the most part.

Like, we have most of the pink characters I can think of off the top of my head, and the ones left are:

Dixie
Octolings
..... and that's it really, and both those characters have a much darker shade of pink.

Then you start getting into more theoretical territory like, Bandana Dee due to its association with the Kirby franchise, which, honestly is a huge leap of logic when every character features their color somewhere on them to a degree.
What about Reimu?

Th18Reimu.png

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Here is something that has always confused me, why is Geno so much more popular with the Smash community than Crono? Let me just start off by saying that I love both Super Mario RPG and Chrono Trigger. I think Geno is a pretty cool character but I never really understood how he got so popular with the Smash fan base.

Crono and the other members of Chrono Trigger pale in comparison in regards to the amount of support they seem to get. Magus is one of my favorite video game characters ever and barely anyone ever talks about him. The lead protagonist, Crono is brought up every blue moon but I think he deserves a lot more attention than he has gotten.

Does anyone know how Geno’s popularity totally eclipsed Crono’s despite the fact that Crono Trigger is viewed as one of the best games ever? I would personally love to see any member of the Chrono Trigger cast finally get an invitation to join Smash.

1622291211721.jpeg

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

I'd like to see another Namco-Bandai character because they have a bunch of great options, and yet they only have one character in there (Pac-Man) despite helping with the development of the past two/three Smash games.

You've got Tekken, Soul Calibur, Digimon, Tales Of (I'm only familiar with Symphonia, but there's probably quite a few options there), Xenosaga, Dark Souls (I don't know enough about Dark Souls to know who the playable character would be, or how they'd work beyond sword attacks and rolling), Dig Dug, Katamari Damacy, Splatterhouse...

I'm surprised that we don't have a Tekken character yet (you'd think that Heihachi, Jin, or Kazuya would have been included by now), but a case could be made for any of those first six series that I listed. (not sure how many people are demanding that the Prince from Katamari Damacy should be in Smash, but I'm sure there's more than I'd think)

Here is something that has always confused me, why is Geno so much more popular with the Smash community than Crono? Let me just start off by saying that I love both Super Mario RPG and Chrono Trigger. I think Geno is a pretty cool character but I never really understood how he got so popular with the Smash fan base.

Crono and the other members of Chrono Trigger pale in comparison in regards to the amount of support they seem to get. Magus is one of my favorite video game characters ever and barely anyone ever talks about him. The lead protagonist, Crono is brought up every blue moon but I think he deserves a lot more attention than he has gotten.

Does anyone know how Geno’s popularity totally eclipsed Crono’s despite the fact that Crono Trigger is viewed as one of the best games ever?

View attachment 316985
I guess it's because Chrono Trigger is (as far as I know) fully owned by Square-Enix, so they could bring the series back whenever they wanted to (the fact that they don't seem to want to is another story entirely), whereas Geno's a Mario character who's owned by Square-Enix, so the only way he can appear in any game would be through Smash Bros. or the extremely rare occasions where Square-Enix works on a Mario game.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Does anyone know how Geno’s popularity totally eclipsed Crono’s despite the fact that Crono Trigger is viewed as one of the best games ever?
Something, Something, Nintendo All-Star game before being a celebration of gaming, Mario game at first.
Then Sakurai interview about him wanting him back in Brawl.

That's why you'd get laughed for Wanting Cloud since back in brawl, when he was on everyone's "Dream Pick" at the level of Goku for "impossibleness"

Last edited:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
It also doesn't help that Chrono Trigger doesn't actually have that much of a western fanbase to begin with.

CT was only ever really successful in Japan. It's been said that while it sold over 2 million there, it only sold 290,000 abroad.

Last edited:

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
I'm REALLY not in the mood to jump on the whole Geno train but basically, Mario RPG came out during the very first kind of Smash hype, kids think that Geno guy is cool, the game is also a Nintendo game and remember, third party hype didn't get much traction until probably much later. Sonic and Snake seemed like miracles. Now someone like Kratos wouldn't be overly surprising.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
It also doesn't help that Chrono Trigger doesn't actually have that much of a western fanbase to begin with.

CT was only ever really successful in Japan. It's been said that while it sold over 2 million there, it only sold 290,000 abroad.
That’s a shame. I think people really missed out. I still love Chrono Trigger to this day and I really hope that Square-Enix decides to do something with it at some point. It is always one of my pipe dreams for every E3 presentation.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Still, even trying to rationalize every possible scenario. I don't understand how the smash community thought that anyone but Cloud Strife would be the first Square-Enix character.
That's like wanting Rattata instead of Pikachu first for a Pokémon rep
Remember when people thought Geno, Chocobo or BlackMage would be the firsts one and Cloud was an IMPOSSIBRU pick? Because I do.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I'm REALLY not in the mood to jump on the whole Geno train but basically, Mario RPG came out during the very first kind of Smash hype, kids think that Geno guy is cool, the game is also a Nintendo game and remember, third party hype didn't get much traction until probably much later. Sonic and Snake seemed like miracles. Now someone like Kratos wouldn't be overly surprising.
Pretty much every Sony character except for Crash who's a much more popular request.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Still, even trying to rationalize every possible scenario. I don't understand how the smash community thought that anyone but Cloud Strife would be the first Square-Enix character.
Remember when people thought Geno, Chocobo or BlackMage would be the firsts one and Cloud was an IMPOSSIBRU pick? Because I do.
People also thought we'd get Jack Frost before an actual MegaTen protagonist.

Show a mascot character to Smash fandom and all logic goes flying out of the window.

Twilord

Smash Ace
Installs are a temporary buff that require something to activate, usually being meter. The namesake, Sol Badguy's Dragon Install also has the downside to having heavy endlag when it ends and only being able to be used once per match, Monado Arts are closer to a stance change as they affect specific stats rather than buffing everything and only.
That makes sense. Closer to Arson then? Thanks for the clarification.

As for Digimon, it feels like Pokemon switching or building up to a more permanent buff fits better than using an install
Just want to explain why I think it should work the way I suggested. It's actually a part of a philosophy I would want to bring to any Smash Bros character; I would love to see other franchises broken down like this.

Digimon has three core aesthetics:

- BRANCHING EVOLUTIONS
This is a key idea Digimon has carried with it since it's birth as a V-Pet. Usually depending on whether the game leans more into V-Pet or RPG.

The anime tend to be the weakest at displaying this, probably due to Budget. Even it often includes Dark Digivolutions to try and convey the idea a little, and I have got to hand it 2020 it's working hard to remedy that.

Although also not a video game itself the new card game does an amazing job at conveying the concept that Digimon do have "healthier" evolutions that compliment their prior forms (how V-Pets do it) while still allowing you to create custom evolution to raise the Digimon you most need (how the RPGs do it). I would like to see Smash Bros take a similar approach.

- BOND OF CARE
This is the fundamental backbone of the V-Pet genre. They are all about he responsibility to look out for their well being; the difference with Digimon is that as Mon genre is that they also protect and guide you in return. This is why I feel it is important to have a system in place which allows you to manage a gauge to look after them. Including it in the Digivolution mechanic simplifies that and helps slot it in naturally. Other ideas like having to feed them would be more accurate to the source material to a degree but carry the downside of adding another complicated mechanic instead of combining it all into one central thesis.

- MEANINGFUL CONSEQUENCES
Now obviously Digimon wouldn't be the first game with permadeath like elements, and since they actually revert to an egg when they die it's actually less permanent than Fire Emblem's. Nonetheless that sense of consequences is something that even Digimon games without those direct mechanics often instead use to make their plots slightly heavier. It's undoubtedly part of the inspiration for the deadly aspects they have hinted at being in Survive, even if it's a totally different approach to the high concept where it's your fellow Tamers you can neglect to death.

A penalty for failing to take care of your V-Pet seems like the most natural mechanical inclusion possible.

But your character dying, or even devolving all the way to Botamon, is a huge ask of the player. It's much more reasonable to only have them drop down to Koromon via a warp devolution. It still makes the same statement but would be a fair bit more balanced.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Considering that Snake's inclusion was criticized (and people wanted to see him cut from the series) because he "didn't have a close enough connection to Nintendo", it makes sense why that would have been the mindset at the time. Snake got that treatment even though Metal Gear Solid got an exclusive remake on the Gamecube and had the original game released on the NES; meanwhile, Cloud's only appearances on Nintendo consoles were cameos, and Final Fantasy VII (and all of its spin-offs, from what I recall) were exclusive to PlayStation consoles.

Cloud's inclusion caught people off-guard (since people generally expected that, if we even got a Final Fantasy character, they'd be from a game that launched on a Nintendo console, like Black Mage or Terra, or a series mascot like Chocobo or Moogle), and that (along with Bayonetta) really helped to change people's viewpoints for what third party characters could make it in. (though obviously, it didn't change everyone's perspective; there are purists who think that the inclusion of third party characters was a mistake and that Smash should remain Nintendo-only)

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334

I made a graphic showing all the color predictions thus far for Fighter 10, 11 and a potential bonus one (if that ever happens of course.)

I also threw in a bonus... predicting how many letters/spaces the next fighter might have as well!

Because of how less reliable the model gets when you predict farther stuff, I'll try to update this graphic when Fighter 10 is revealed (well, provided a double reveal doesn't happen.)
Green huh?

Of course! Time Crystals are green!

Time_Crystal.gif

Time to Split!

Time to split am I right fellas.gif

Dinoman96

Smash Master
That’s a shame. I think people really missed out. I still love Chrono Trigger to this day and I really hope that Square-Enix decides to do something with it at some point. It is always one of my pipe dreams for every E3 presentation.
For what it's worth, JRPGs in general really weren't all that popular outside of Japan until Final Fantasy 7 had come along and broke the genre into the mainstream.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Considering that Snake's inclusion was criticized (and people wanted to see him cut from the series) because he "didn't have a close enough connection to Nintendo", it makes sense why that would have been the mindset at the time. Snake got that treatment even though Metal Gear Solid got an exclusive remake on the Gamecube and had the original game released on the NES; meanwhile, Cloud's only appearances on Nintendo consoles were cameos, and Final Fantasy VII (and all of its spin-offs, from what I recall) were exclusive to PlayStation consoles.

Cloud's inclusion caught people off-guard (since people generally expected that, if we even got a Final Fantasy character, they'd be from a game that launched on a Nintendo console, like Black Mage or Terra, or a series mascot like Chocobo or Moogle), and that (along with Bayonetta) really helped to change people's viewpoints for what third party characters could make it in.
As someone who had to "fight" lots of part of the smash Community about everything Square-Enix related for years since I joined this website, whenever it was Cloud, Dragon Quest and nowadays clamoring for Sora. Or even that Sephiroth was one of the most influencial Vilain in all of the JRPG genre back when he was on the list of the Seven Square-Enix Character.

I got to realize the effect of the "Smash Bubble" community, for years people have been in influence of "Hardcore Nintendo fans" which lead them to believe that Square-Enix would be either Geno, Chocobo, Black Mage or a Snes FF protag, or that Square-Enix are vilain of some sort and such. Alongsides TONS of misconception about lots and lots of stuff (When we didn't know that Smash Ultimate would be called Smash Ultimate)

Literally everyone and their grandma saw Cloud as a cut, and I remember it clearly, EVEN If you told them that cutting Cloud would be a suicide move with how big the character was, everyone just closed their eyes and put their hands on their ears and didn't listen.

Same happened for Joker, where before ultimate pre-release some of us would amuse the idea he'd get in, only to be slammed and even mocked for thinking he would get in before anything Megaten, or Jack Frost or even any others Sega Characters.

And the same once again happened with the desilusion (because there no other way to call this) when people thought Nakoruru would get in before Terry back when the SNK copyright stuff happened...

Sometime, people go too far to try and bend reality for their characters, or just close their eyes looking at data, spread-sheet, sales or whatnot. When in the end, when you look at most inclusion when it comes to third parties...Actually, ALL third parties.

They're recognizable.
They're famous.
They influenced gaming in a powerful way.
Generate a big fanbase.

Like, when you look at all of the third parties in smash

:ultbanjokazooie::ultbayonetta::ultcloud::ulthero3::ultjoker::ultryu::ultken::ultsephiroth::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultsnake::ultsonic::ultsteve::ult_terry::ultmegaman:

They all had a big impact on gaming, in such an incredible way, that it's all that matter.
People will then nitpick that sentence from Sakurai saying that it's not just being recognizable, but also fun to play.

"But also" that's the part people forget. Terry might not have been recognizable for lots of people, doesn't mean his games didn't influence his Era and the Arcade world alongside gaming as a whole.

That's why I think people should stop thinking about sales numbers, being buddy buddy with nintendo with bazillion of games on the system or what not and if it's going to be someone big or not.

In the end, I'm pretty sure, how said characters influenced gaming as a whole, in their Era or forever is what matter when it comes to third parties

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Sometime, people go too far to try and bend reality for their characters, or just close their eyes looking at data, spread-sheet, sales or whatnot. When in the end, when you look at most inclusion when it comes to third parties...Actually, ALL third parties.

They're recognizable.
They're famous.
Generate a big fanbase.

:ultbanjokazooie::ultbayonetta::ultcloud::ulthero3::ultjoker::ultryu::ultken::ultsephiroth::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultsnake::ultsonic::ultsteve::ult_terry::ultmegaman:

They all had a big impact on gaming, in such an incredible way, that it's all that matter.
People will then nitpick that sentence from Sakurai saying that it's not just being recognizable, but also fun to play.

"But also" that's the part people forget. Terry might not have been recognizable for lots of people, doesn't mean his games didn't influence his Era and the Arcade world alongside gaming as a whole.

That's why I think people should stop thinking about sales numbers, being buddy buddy with nintendo with bazillion of games on the system or what not and if it's going to be someone big or not.

In the end, I'm pretty sure, how said characters influenced gaming as a whole, in their Era or forever is what matter when it comes to third parties
Explain Bayonetta's big impact on gaming. As someone who plays and loves the Bayonetta games I don't see it, they didn't even kickstart the hack and slash genre, that was DMC's doing.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Explain Bayonetta's big impact on gaming. As someone who plays and loves the Bayonetta games I don't see it, they didn't even kickstart the hack and slash genre, that was DMC's doing.
Bayonetta basically became DMC during the very long drought of DMC and was the game to put Platinumgames onto the spotlight as a "well-respected developper" all around the world (alongside Vanquish but Owtch the sales numbers), that, alongside making one of the rare full female empowerment protagonist of her generation, Bayonetta didn't reach Lara Croft level, but she definitely was big during this era.

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero

I think Dixie Kong is probably the best fit for the pink background. I’d also love to see Velvet Crowe but I think she’d likely be more red than pink. You could make a case for Bandana Dee. Dee is orange but light pink is often associated with the Kirby games.

For the green background, there are quite a few possibilities. The most popular of these is Master Chief. I think it could also easily be the Battletoads, Sarah Kerrigan, Thrall, or Illidan Stormrage.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
I wouldn't really say that Bayonetta had that big of an impact, especially in comparison to the other third parties. Same thing with Banjo, really.

But I maintain the best way to look at Bayo and Banjo is not really as traditional third party guests...but as honorary Nintendo characters, ones that happened to be owned by third parties. Nintendo funded and published Bayonetta 2 and are doing the same with Bayonetta 3, and Banjo-Kazooie was born as a co-owned Nintendo property during the N64 era. Obviously both characters were very popular with Nintendo fans and that's why they voted for them on the ballot, which led to their inclusions in Smash.

Last edited:

Twilord

Smash Ace
As someone who had to "fight" lots of part of the smash Community about everything Square-Enix related for years since I joined this website, whenever it was Cloud, Dragon Quest and nowadays clamoring for Sora. Or even that Sephiroth was one of the most influencial Vilain in all of the JRPG genre back when he was on the list of the Seven Square-Enix Character.

I got to realize the effect of the "Smash Bubble" community, for years people have been in influence of "Hardcore Nintendo fans" which lead them to believe that Square-Enix would be either Geno, Chocobo, Black Mage or a Snes FF protag, or that Square-Enix are vilain of some sort and such. Alongsides TONS of misconception about lots and lots of stuff (When we didn't know that Smash Ultimate would be called Smash Ultimate)

Literally everyone and their grandma saw Cloud as a cut, and I remember it clearly, EVEN If you told them that cutting Cloud would be a suicide move with how big the character was, everyone just closed their eyes and put their hands on their ears and didn't listen.

Same happened for Joker, where before ultimate pre-release some of us would amuse the idea he'd get in, only to be slammed and even mocked for thinking he would get in before anything Megaten, or Jack Frost or even any others Sega Characters.

And the same once again happened with the desilusion (because there no other way to call this) when people thought Nakoruru would get in before Terry back when the SNK copyright stuff happened...

They're recognizable.
They're famous.
Generate a big fanbase.

Honestly that is sorta why I think Tamagotchi (and thus Digimon) are so overlooked.

Miyamoto made reference to them in a GDC keynote speech as his key example of a philosophy which lead to the Wii/DS era.

Even ignoring it's potential cross pollination of ideas with Pokémon (Digimon having the Mon Suffix, then Pokémon Yellow adding mild V-Pet elements, then Digimon following the international multimedia model Pokémon's success helped make accessible, then Pokémon Gold & Silver adding more V-Pet tropes) that makes their industry impact friggin stupidly big.

But a lot of people seem to resist the idea V-Pets are video games because it's outside their idea of "mah vija gaems", despite the fact Miyamoto (who suggested Pac-Man) and Bamco's current lead developer for their next Digimon game have clearly referenced Bandai's V-Pets as such; so it would be really weird if Sakurai thought they weren't.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I have a very strong feeling you wouldn't be saying that about Banjo-Kazooie had they not gotten in. Like, do you know why some people think Smash hasn't truly become a "celebration of gaming"? It's not "muh purity", it's because they keep adding characters like them that are mainly relevant to Nintendo fans, not gamers as a whole, alongside having several of the third-parties debut on or have a notable game on a Nintendo system.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Watch our E3 fighter is a Sonic character but its Amy hence the pink.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Honestly that is sorta why I think Tamagotchi (and thus Digimon) are so overlooked.

Miyamoto made reference to them in a GDC keynote speech as his key example of a philosophy which lead to the Wii/DS era.

Even ignoring it's potential cross pollination of ideas with Pokémon (Digimon having the Mon Suffix, then Pokémon Yellow adding mild V-Pet elements, then Digimon following the international multimedia model Pokémon's success helped make accessible, then Pokémon Gold & Silver adding more V-Pet tropes) that makes their industry impact friggin stupidly big.

But a lot of people seem to resist the idea V-Pets are video games because it's outside their idea of "mah vija gaems", despite the fact Miyamoto (who suggested Pac-Man) and Bamco's current lead developer for their next Digimon game have clearly referenced Bandai's V-Pets as such; so it would be really weird if Sakurai thought they weren't.
I would totally be down for a Digimon character. I haven’t played many games in the series but I loved Digimon World on the PS1 and Cyber Sleuth on the PS4. Unfortunately, my favorite Digimon (Ogremon, Meramon, and Titanmon) are really unlikely to get in over the much more iconic Agumon. I do think any character chosen could be fun and it would be great to see them finally cross over with Pokémon in Smash.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Pink
8 letters minimum
Octoling time baby 🐙

and CP11 is minimum four letters? Can’t really say that shade fits Ahri but I’ll take itbut also uuuuugh don’t make me hope for Neku or Elma I can see them using that shade especially the latter

as for the bonus if it happens... that’s anyone’s guess

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I have a very strong feeling you wouldn't be saying that about Banjo-Kazooie had they not gotten in. Like, do you know why some people think Smash hasn't truly become a "celebration of gaming"? It's not "muh purity", it's because they keep adding characters like them that are mainly relevant to Nintendo fans, not gamers as a whole, alongside having several of the third-parties debut on or have a notable game on a Nintendo system.
What? Wait what?
You're free to check on all of my previous messages throught those years, pre-Banjo, I even said how much I didn't like Banjo and Kazooie cereal mascott design and that I found them boring.
But I had to admit that they did pretty big during the 90's gaming era able to keep up with Mario and Zelda when it comes to people knowing "Banjo-Kazooie" and that
I was the first to claimour for Dragon Quest and others, and...Ergh, I don't work on insight, I always said "every inclusion is logical once they happens"... If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, that's that.

Also that sentence I bolded is even funnier when you know that Nintendo themselves SAID IT during a report that DLC deals were made to appeal to gamers as a whole to attract them to smash.

Those debate are so tiring, which is why I'm fine to stay a spectator for months on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom