• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DjC Help

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
Ok. Double-Jump Cancel... It puzzles me...

I can do a regular jump cancel, but I usually just tend to SH, instead of doing a regular jump, so if I were to do a DjC, when EXACTLY do I L cancel the second leap?

Ademisk

Smash Champion
You do an aerial then L-cancel just as you land. Or don't do an aerial, really, your choice. The point of the cancel is that after your second jump if you do an aerial right away it'll put you even lower than your short hop.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Yeah, from reading that it sounds like you have your cancels mixed up. D:
Yeah, I'd agree..

Double jump cancel: Jump twice, and do an aerial to cancel your upward motion of the 2nd jump. Can be done so fast that you barely leave the ground when doing an aerial.
L cancel: Hit L before touching the ground to cut down on lag.
Jump cancel: Hit X before grabbing to do a standing grab instead of a dash grab.

Now, what exactly are you asking?

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
I was asking about the DjC, but reading that now, I think I got it.

For some reason unknown to me, I kept thinking a DjC involved L cancelling, not erasing it completly with an aerial.

I feel like an idiot now D=

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
I feel like an idiot now D=
[sarcasm]
You should. Trying to confuse us. that's how people get Nessticles in their mouth.
[/sarcasm]

No harm, no foul. As long as it's cleared up, that's what matters.

For the record, DjC n.air is your friend. I mean sure you'll use DjC for all the other .airs (cept d.air, well, that's a late DjC), but DjC n.air a bread'n'butter OoS move, imo. D:

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Actually, I use dair with DjC pretty reguarly...it's a pretty crazy mindgame and if the person's at a low % I can combo it into a headbutt on the ground

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
I love D. Air. It sounds preety painful.

ness: huwauh!

*PLOMPH

enemy:: *soars into air a little bit

Like ademisk said, makes for good combo fodder at low %'s... but I tend to shun it at around 70% and above

Top Bottom