• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

Marcello691

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 0035 6389 6608
Some Tropical Freeze news, it sold 1.4 million during Nintendo's first quarter of 2018!

https://gonintendo.com/stories/314726-nintendo-q1-2018-results-hardware-software-totals-release-sche
I was so happy to see that, the game deserves all the sales, it's such a fantastic game!
I hope Nintendo realizes that people still love and buy dk games, so that we get many new dk games in the near future. I think what's more impressive is that it sold as much as Xenoblade Chronicles in a much shorter time frame which is a new game and Kirby star allies isn't that far ahead either with it's 1,89 milion sold, considering dkctf is just a port and in addition to that is more expensive than the original game on wii u. It's also the highest selling port after Mario kart 8 deluxe on switch.

paperosbronzo90

Smash Cadet
Hi guys, new italian supporter here! Pleased to meet you all!
I've been reading Smashboards for years and i'm an hardcore Dixie fan.
DKC2 was the first game i've ever played and i've so many good memories of it.
I'm so excited for the upcoming Smash Direct, I'll keep my fingers crossed for a Dixie/K. Rool double reveal.
Forgive me for any grammar mistakes... i'm trying to improve my english skills.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Hi guys, new italian supporter here! Pleased to meet you all!
I've been reading Smashboards for years and i'm an hardcore Dixie fan.
DKC2 was the first game i've ever played and i've so many good memories of it.
I'm so excited for the upcoming Smash Direct, I'll keep my fingers crossed for a Dixie/K. Rool double reveal.
Forgive me for any grammar mistakes... i'm trying to improve my english skills.
Welcome to the Dixie thread! Your English and grammar are fine; I understand you perfectly. If you want some feedback, the only thing I see in your message is that it should be "a hardcore Dixie fan" instead of "an". The usual rule is to use "a" if the next word starts with a consonant (example t, s, d, h) and "an" if the next word is a vowel (a, e, i, o, u). This is to make your words flow better when spoken aloud. H can be tricky, though, since some dialects of English (like American English) pronounce certain words like herb as if the h is silent and use "an" instead of "a". However, this is only important if you want to sound "correct;" people will still understand what you are saying regardless and won't really care. Imo, the only important thing at the end of the day is that people understand what you are saying.

Anyway, I'm with you about DKC2. Some of my earliest childhood memories come from playing it on my SNES. It will always have a special place in my heart. Here's hoping that Sakurai pulls through for Dixie.

Last edited:

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
Yeah, H is tricky depending on the pronunciation. both "a hat" and "an hourglass" are acceptable, generally if the 'h' is silent, use 'an', if not, 'a' is perfectly fine.

Whatever though, gimme Dixie on Wednesday as a playable character. A double reveal of K. Rool and Dixie would be even more hype. And it sounds like something Sakurai would do (if he ever gave the DK series the light of day). Or just Banjo-Kazooie. Any of those three. Really, I just want to see the Steve Mayles trinity in Smash Bros.

pepiux

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, first time posting outside the K. Rool thread. Just wanted to say that it's recently come to my attention that Diddy Kong's jab has been altered so he no longer uses his tail. IN MY 20 YEARS OF BEING A DKC FAN, I only just noticed Dixie doesn't have a tail. Could this be evidence to suggest Dixie might be an echo fighter for Diddy? Seems like an awfully odd thing to suddenly change after Smash 4.
I may have missed more recent news about this issue, but as far as I believe it is NOT confirmed that Diddy Kong has lost its multiple-hitting tail jab attack. What we have seen in the reveal trailer is his gentleman jab: https://youtu.be/HQM839wnX3g

Completely unrelated, does anyone know if Sakurai has ever said something about Tropical Freeze? Like, maybe acknowledge how good it is?

Last edited:

Vez

Smash Apprentice
I don't think so, but he doesn't seem to talk about Nintendo games much in general. Despite the amount of Mario content he shoves into each Smash game I don't think he ever talks about the franchise, for example. Don't think he's ever spoken about the Splatoon games either.

Last edited:

Mary H.

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1676-4537-1982
Fingers crossed for Dixie Kong this Wednesday. And as for which music track I'd use for her introduction... I gotta go with Jib Jig from DKC2. I've always associated her with it, especially the harp part. Plus it's a piece of music that just needs more love in general. It's so dang pretty.

pika.thunder25

Smash Rookie
Hey guys! I'm new Smashboards, and I'm so excited to show my support for the most deserving character to make it into Ultimate.
Truthfully, I've already received my dream fighter (Cloud), so I don't want to beg for too many characters, but I will definitely be disappointed if Dixie Kong doesn't make it into Ultimate. Dixie is one of the most iconic DK characters, and for a franchise that has gotten a lot of new love with Tropical Freeze recently, she definitely deserves a place in Smash. I voted for her in the Smash Ballot, and I am crossing my fingers for a reveal Wednesday (I actually think there's a pretty good shot!). It's likely this has been mentioned earlier, but I've also noticed in the Diddy Kong character trailer that none of his costumes have been shown off. It could mean nothing, but who knows!

Nice to meet you all!!

paperosbronzo90

Smash Cadet
Thanks for you helpful advice, SethTheMage and JuliuSaurus.
And as for which music track I'd use for her introduction... I gotta go with Jib Jig from DKC2. I've always associated her with it, especially the harp part. Plus it's a piece of music that just needs more love in general. It's so dang pretty.
I love that track too, one of my favourite of DKC2.
For Dixie's introduction, by the way, I would choose a track from DKC3 OST. I really don't understand why so many people dislike DKC3 and its soundtrack.
I think that Eveline Fischer did a great job: Nuts and Bolts, Cascade Capers, Rockface Rumble, Frosty Frolics, Water World and Treetop Trumble are real gems.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Would be cool to have Dixie announced this week, for sure.

Anyways, she should DEFINITELY have a DKC3 track in her trailer, since DKC3 is her game. I choose Cascade Capers, but there are other great tracks in DKC3. I do think a Tropical Freeze track is more likely, but DKC3 is awesome and deserves recognition.

Last edited:

Takasmash

Smash Ace
I'll be so happy if Dixie Kong makes in smash but I will be mix if she's a Diddy Echo Fighter.

Reila

So is the Direct today? I am a bit out of the loop and my sense of time is trash. How many hours from now if so?

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
An hour and a half before the Direct! Man I'm honestly excited about this; no idea what we'll see but as long as something like Shrek is announced (I know, impossible) I won't be upset.

Also, we have new official members of the Barrel:
ThatRedPlumber ThatRedPlumber
Buzzwole Buzzwole
P paperosbronzo90
pika.thunder25 pika.thunder25
SlayQueen SlayQueen

A HUGE welcome to all 5 of you! I see some of you are brand new to the site, which is great and I thank y'all for making this thread one of your very first visits; we also got a fellow K. Rool supporter among y'all and it's always cool to see fellow DK fans lol. Also, thank you Seth and Julius for extending a helping hand to paperos, your English is solid and I'm sure it'll improve as time goes by!

Y'know, all this talk of reveal themes makes me wanna update the music list. I'll be going to work not long after the Direct, but later on today I'll get on that with some DKC 3 music and remixes.

Reila

Who is "you know who"? I don't know who is you know who.

Reila

Simon Belmont.
Would be a weird choice for a Castlevania rep considering Alucard is a lot more popular and well known (basically what Cloud is to Final Fantasy), but Castlevania is cool so I take no issues with it.

Last edited:

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
The Galaga song was uploaded as an unlisted video with the title of:
"Bloody Tears / Monster Dance"; themes from Castlevania 2.

Simon Belmont.
Oh, well then I guess it's settled LOL. I've been treating "List Leaks" as hoaxes but this speaks volumes, cuz up til now, the most I've seen of Simon in Smash were random people on other sites saying he'd be in.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Oh, well then I guess it's settled LOL. I've been treating "List Leaks" as hoaxes but this speaks volumes, cuz up til now, the most I've seen of Simon in Smash were random people on other sites saying he'd be in.
They were piggybacking off of Verge who leaked Simon Belmont ( as well as Ridley, Snake and no cuts ) before E3. He said Simon would be revealed sometime after E3.

Reila

Welp, thankfully Dixie Kong wasn't among the echo fighters at least.

Ghostwolf35

Smash Cadet
I can't be too disappointed. The game looks really good, and there's a ton of stuff in it. I Like the Simian Segue/Bonus Room Blitz remix too. Why'd they have to kill Luigi though?

Last edited:

Reila

Wow, King K. Rool! The Gangplank Galleon remix is glorious.

Last edited:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
While I'm a little disappointed I'm very hopeful now, if she was an echo they would've shown her here and she didn't show up in any other form, hope is not lost!

Ghostwolf35

Smash Cadet
While I'm a little disappointed I'm very hopeful now, if she was an echo they would've shown her here and she didn't show up in any other form, hope is not lost!
Well, I think that if they were gonna reveal Dixie, it would be along with K.Rool. I don't think there's a very good chance for Dixie anymore honestly, but I hope I'm wrong.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
When I saw Donkey and Diddy with the banana I was super worried Dixie was about to show up as an assist trophy.

No appearance either as assist or echo, and this would have been the perfect time for it, so...what now?

Reila

On the bright side, we got K. Rool and Dixie is still nowhere to be seen. On the dark side of things, well, this was a slightly DK-focused Direct and we got no Dixie. Maybe, if she is in the game, she is a secret fighter. Or maybe she is not playable. We should keep expectations in check.

Also, completely unrelated but we got a Knuckles Assist Trophy but no NiGHTS :T

Last edited:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Well, I think that if they were gonna reveal Dixie, it would be along with K.Rool. I don't think there's a very good chance for Dixie anymore honestly, but I hope I'm wrong.
Maybe, but it doesn't necessarily mean anything, Rosalina and Bowser Jr were able to have separate trailers, these 2 could as well. I don't think it was ever dual reveal or bust.

And I feel this rules out her being an echo at least, if she was one she'd have been here, maybe they don't want unique characters sharing trailers

Last edited:

pepiux

Smash Apprentice
Don’t know what to think. It’s good she was not deconfirmed or shown to be an Echo, but the K. Rool trailer was the best place for her to appear :(

Something felt sour when you saw DK and Diddy fighting K. Rool at the end... Dixie should’ve been there.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Don’t know what to think. It’s good she was not deconfirmed or shown to be an Echo, but the K. Rool trailer was the best place for her to appear :(

Something felt sour when you saw DK and Diddy fighting K. Rool at the end... Dixie should’ve been there.
Yeah it would have been a good time to show her but now that I think about it, giving unique newcomers separate trailers makes sense, especially with how the trailers are listed on the fighters pages

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
I'm not throwing in the towel yet; for some reason we still haven't seen Dixie yet. Even Ashley was lost in the AT massacre, and she's not revealed as an Echo. I feel that Dixie is too important to just leave out entirely. I just wish they'd show Diddy's FS so we can rule that out too. K. Rool makes sense for the big Direct reveal, but Dixie might be unlockable or shown before the game launches.

Top Bottom