• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ditto for SSB4 dlc

Toon612Link

Smash Journeyman
So how about free DLC where Ditto is a playable character?

How ditto would work
Ditto would have a gimmick where he comes out of a pokeball in his introduction and then turns into the character he is fighting in 1v1 or anyone in 2v2.

Ditto would have 8 different color schemes that wouldn't just change the skin and eye color of the player he is fighting, but be the only way to select the controller port character he wants to turn into... Scheme 1 would randomly pick a player to turn into if ditto were player 1, scheme 2 would turn into player 2 and so on.

If 2 players select each others controller ports as ditto they both get the same random character. If 2 players select ditto but player 1 wants to turn into player 2 and player 2 wants to turn into player 3, Player 1 will turn into player 3.

Why would anyone want this?
This would force skill out of you and your opponent rather than someone getting mad at a tier list.​

Sakurai logic
I have a feeling Sakurai may not want ditto in because it could possibly effect one's motive to buy any DLC characters so if you pick ditto and you do not own the DLC character your opponent selected, ditto is basically the random button.

So what you think?​

Kamui Nohr

Smash Journeyman
That's like... a few man-hours put into this Pokemon character. I wouldn't mind seeing this fighter in Free-For-All and Team Smash battles. Ditto in a 1v1 is something to be a little iffy about, but not entirely bad. GG if you randomly transform into a character you don't like when facing Master Hand & Crazy Hand or Master Core though. I think he should transform into any character in the match freely instead of the controller port idea. Overall, I'm OK with this. Genuinely surprised that Ditto hadn't been suggested before!

Last edited:

Toon612Link

Smash Journeyman
I think he should transform into any character in the match freely instead of the controller port idea. Overall, I'm OK with this.
I was kind of worried about a move having to be sacrificed for him to transform freely but I guess the X and Y buttons could work. (Ditto would also probably have to be Wii U exclusive, Sheik and Zelda were separated because they couldn't transform)

Top Bottom